Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SK is Back!
Bookmark and Share
NYCAT Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Bearcats Always
SK is Back!
Sean is lighting it up in Vegas Summer League on NBA Network. He has 11 points in first 7 minutes.

07-12-2014 09:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NYCAT Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: SK is Back!
(07-12-2014 09:57 PM)NYCAT Wrote:  Sean is lighting it up in Vegas Summer League on NBA Network. He has 11 points in first 7 minutes.

14 (three 3 pointers)..5 minutes left in first half.

07-12-2014 10:19 PM
s10bball Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: bearcats
(07-12-2014 09:57 PM)NYCAT Wrote:  Sean is lighting it up in Vegas Summer League on NBA Network. He has 11 points in first 7 minutes.

Make that 14 in the first 10 minutes going 3 for 3 from the 3.

07-12-2014 10:19 PM
NYCAT Offline
Bench Warmer

16 points on 3-5 from 3, 1-1 FT and 3-4 from 2.

07-12-2014 10:31 PM
NYCAT Offline
Bench Warmer

20 after 3rd quarter.

07-12-2014 11:08 PM
Natibearcat513 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: uc bearcats
Yes he is. He had 20 points in his game with Utah tonight

07-12-2014 11:29 PM
Advertisement

DMT Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
http://www.nba.com/sixers/summer-league-...tgame-7/12
He's got competition in that camp. I notice Travis Bader is another SG playing with them. Did alright in some of the Orlando games. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...avis-bader

I think he's better than what they have at SG currently, I also think the owner is a goof though, so...

07-13-2014 09:10 AM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
Anyone have a schedule for next time sk or jj plays?

07-13-2014 09:23 AM
UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
SK is Back!
(07-13-2014 09:23 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  Anyone have a schedule for next time sk or jj plays?

Jackson-Hornets
Kings vs Hornets 6pm Tonight NBATV
Knicks vs Hornets 4pm Monday NBATV

Kilpatrick-76ers
Cavs vs 76ers Monday 8pm NBATV
76ers vs Suns Tuesday 8pm NBATV

Summer League Playoffs July 16-21

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2014 12:19 PM by UCBearcat4ever.)
07-13-2014 10:36 AM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
(07-13-2014 10:36 AM)UCBearcat4ever Wrote:  
(07-13-2014 09:23 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  Anyone have a schedule for next time sk or jj plays?

Jackson
Kings vs Hornets Tonight 6pm
Knicks vs Hornets Monday 4pm NBATV

Killa-76ers
Cavs vs 76ers Monday 8pm NBATV
76ers vs Suns Tuesday 8pm NBATV

Summer League Playoffs July 16-21

Thanks

07-13-2014 11:03 AM
Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
Some great quotes by Iske his SL team coach and 76ers assistant:

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/7/13/...egas-debut

Vegas summer league kicked off Saturday evening for the Sixers, and they entered their opening contest without the services of Nerlens Noel, K.J. McDaniels, and Casper Ware. If they had any chance of taking down the Dante Exum led Utah Jazz, somebody relatively unknown would have to provide an infusion of scoring.

For Sean Kilpatrick, the task seemed to be calling his name. He spent four seasons at the University of Cincinnati, and made a name for himself with his scoring prowess his sophomore year. After a disappointing junior campaign Kilpatrick came back strong his senior year, being named a consensus All-American after averaging 20.6 points per game on 42.3% shooting.

But his inconsistencies, coupled with the fact he's 24-years-old, left his name uncalled during draft night; he was the only 2013-14 consensus All-American not selected. Kilpatrick only uses that fact to further motivate himself in Vegas.

"I always play with a chip on my shoulder. But with that chip, it's just going to get better for me. I like to be the sleeper," he said, "being the sleeper is someone that has the ability to engage in a lot of things. I just gotta continue to keep better. The Sixers have done a really good job of getting me in tune with everything."
He certainly looked in tune on Saturday, scoring 20 points on 7-13 shooting, including 3-5 from beyond the arc, leading Philadelphia to victory. Kilpatrick looked good in off ball, catch-and-shoot situations, and used his large frame to attack the basket strong.
Sixers assistant (and Vegas head coach) Chad Iske sung his praises after their 74-70 victory. "He was impressive all through camp...with the great career in college he had we wanted to see how he could score the ball and shoot the ball in a setting like this, and I think he got off to a great start. We've been really impressed with his feel on the offensive end, and the way he can shoot it."
As the way Philadelphia's roster stands now, they're looking pretty barren when it comes to a pure scoring two guard. When Kilpatrick was weighing his options for summer league, he recognized that was a spot he might be able to fill for the team.
"[My agent] told me the Sixers would be the best fit for me because they're not really loaded at the two guard position, and me being able to come in and least try to compete for that spot and keep getting better, I mean that's something I'm really big on. I just want to keep my nose down in the ground, and just continue to keep working."
When asked if Kilpatrick's performance and Philadelphia's positional void gave him a leg up on a roster spot, Iske was quick to preach consistency. "I think it was a good start for him," he said, "we got a long week ahead of us, and you got to continue to show it. He showed good things in camp and he showed a good start in that first game, but I think we'll look for him to see if he can continue that throughout the week."
If Kilpatrick can continue to score from the outside with regularity, he very well could find a spot on this team come October.

07-13-2014 11:28 AM
Advertisement

BearcatBeta Offline
All American

I Root For: $ in my mailbox
Still impressing me with his attitude every time he gets a mic on him. Great
representative of UC. We may never see another like SK...

07-13-2014 01:03 PM
Intimidate Dominate Celebrate Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Watched the game last night. SK's attitude and work ethic are unmatched, he looked like a leader on that team already.

However, watching some of those other guys, it's obvious SK's lack of athletic ability will hold him back and is the reason he wasn't drafted.

With that said, he has a knack for scoring and should find a role in the league.

07-13-2014 03:20 PM
Natibearcat513 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: uc bearcats
(07-13-2014 03:20 PM)Intimidate Dominate Celebrate Wrote:  Watched the game last night. SK's attitude and work ethic are unmatched, he looked like a leader on that team already.

However, watching some of those other guys, it's obvious SK's lack of athletic ability will hold him back and is the reason he wasn't drafted.

With that said, he has a knack for scoring and should find a role in the league.
Yea i thought that also. I think he can find a niche even though he obviously is not as athletic as most at his position. On the bright side look at jj reddick , i feel kilpatrick is as athletic as him an could have a similar career.

07-13-2014 03:55 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
[Image: philly-header-pm-logo.jpg]

Undrafted Kilpatrick takes his shot with Sixers

[Image: 071214_sean-kilpatrick_600.jpg]
Sean Kilpatrick (50) shoots between Utah Jazz´s Malcolm Thomas (22) and Ian Clark during an NBA summer league basketball game Saturday, July 12, 2014, in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/David Becker)

Keith Pompey, Inquirer Staff Writer
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014, 1:08 AM

LAS VEGAS - Every year, there are a few accomplished NBA prospects who fail to hear their names called on draft night.

The 2014 draft was no different as Sean Kilpatrick was among the latest impact players to go undrafted. But that simply opened an opportunity for the Cincinnati all-American to choose his destination while putting a significant chip on his shoulder.

With that in mind, Kilpatrick is determined to make an impact with the 76ers in the NBA Summer League. So far, he has done so.

The 6-foot-4 shooting guard had a dominant performance Saturday in a 74-70 victory over the Utah Jazz at the Thomas & Mack Center. Kilpatrick finished with 20 points on 7-for-13 shooting and made 3 of 5 three-point shots.

"I like being the sleeper," said Kilpatrick, 24. "I said that before: Being the sleeper is someone that has the talent to really [succeed] in a lot of things. I think I did that well tonight. I just have to continue getting better."

Kilpatrick chose the Sixers' free-agent opportunity because they are thin at shooting guard and in desperate need of a pure shooter. He acknowledges that he must improve his help defense to make the roster.

But his efforts at last week's minicamp and in Saturday's game are positives to build on.

"We will continue to [watch] him on the defensive side of it, so he can be a two-way player for us throughout this," said Sixers assistant Chad Iske, who is coaching their summer-league team in Vegas. "But we've been really impressed with . . . his feel on the offensive end and his ability to shoot it."

kpompey@phillynews.com

@PompeyOnSixers

http://www.inquirer.com/deepsixer

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixe...ixers.html

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 08:54 PM by ctipton.)
07-14-2014 08:52 PM
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(07-13-2014 03:55 PM)Natibearcat513 Wrote:  
(07-13-2014 03:20 PM)Intimidate Dominate Celebrate Wrote:  Watched the game last night. SK's attitude and work ethic are unmatched, he looked like a leader on that team already.

Yea i thought that also. I think he can find a niche even though he obviously is not as athletic as most at his position. On the bright side look at jj reddick , i feel kilpatrick is as athletic as him an could have a similar career.

I'm sorry...I can't believe you just compared SK and Reddick. Reddick is the best shooter in college history and SK never shot above 37% from 3...yeah. JJ has made himself a spot because he has an absolute elite skill, that's what you need to make it in the NBA, one elite skill. I don't think SK has an elite skill, having said that, he may make a roster due to his effort, toughness, leadership, and the fact that the Sixers are historically awful, but I think he would've been better served going to Europe if he actually wanted to play.

I think you'd be much closer looking at someone like a less athletic DeShawn Stevenson as an SK comp.

07-14-2014 11:09 PM
Advertisement

DMT Offline
Special Teams

Scored 19 last night, might get to play again this evening.

07-17-2014 02:54 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
(07-17-2014 02:54 PM)DMT Wrote:  Scored 19 last night, might get to play again this evening.

04-cheers Good for him. A good kid that is really working his tail off.

07-17-2014 04:06 PM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
Reading through the Sixers boards, it seems that SK is quickly becoming a summer league favorite of their fan base. Some even went as far as to claim that SK was the best player on the floor in every game.

Unfortunately, the constant criticism remain regarding his size and age.

07-17-2014 05:41 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Guess I'm a Sixers fan now....

07-18-2014 08:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.