Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Phase 1 of ULM Fieldhouse officially announced
Bookmark and Share
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
Phase 1 of ULM Fieldhouse officially announced
Here is the news release. Long awaited and at least it's a start and all through private donations.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20140...ck_check=1

Other pics here:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=346&f=3067&t=12984446
07-12-2014 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WhitetailWizard Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TROY
RE: Phase 1 of ULM Fieldhouse officially announced
Happy for the fan base but mostly for the players for this new facility.

I took my son to camp there (ULM) two years back and was stunned to see the same visitor lockers that I dressed in 30 years ago when we played them.

Proud for them......04-rock
07-12-2014 09:47 AM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
Good for ULM.
07-12-2014 09:56 AM
Steve1981 Online
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
Same here ULM, Nov 16th would be a great ground breaking date.
07-12-2014 10:20 AM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
Glad it's finally happening; kind of on the smaller side, hope they don't regret that down the line.
07-12-2014 11:13 AM
Warsaw landing Offline
Special Teams

(07-12-2014 11:13 AM)warhawk09 Wrote:  Glad it's finally happening; kind of on the smaller side, hope they don't regret that down the line.

Phase II is already in the works , which will make it much larger, but very happy about this finally getting under way.
07-12-2014 02:09 PM
Advertisement

trojanbrutha Offline
Beltbbs Troy Football INsider

(07-12-2014 11:13 AM)warhawk09 Wrote:  Glad it's finally happening; kind of on the smaller side, hope they don't regret that down the line.

Sounded like they'll be adding a 2nd floor in the next phase or so...I really like the fact that the money came from non-state generated funds...I hate playing over there, but I'm always glad when the conference, as a whole, can get it done facilities-wise...congrats to the Warhawks #TalonsOut
07-12-2014 02:12 PM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
Nice, have nothing but respect for ULM with the budget they have and espcially having some of the lowest institutional support in the Belt. Nice phase I. I bet once the fans see phase I they will be more eager to donate to phase II.
07-12-2014 02:15 PM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

(07-12-2014 02:15 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  Nice, have nothing but respect for ULM with the budget they have and espcially having some of the lowest institutional support in the Belt. Nice phase I. I bet once the fans see phase I they will be more eager to donate to phase II.

Thanks everyone. I think that is probably the idea. Get the necessities first and then once donors see that we are ACTUALLY going to put there money in to facilities, they will donate. Too much lip service in the past. Brian Wickstrom has been a dream so far.
07-12-2014 02:49 PM
KeyWestTROYTrojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY Sun Belt
Congrats. Good to see. In terms of donors, do you guys get any support from the "Duck Dynasty" people? Didn't at least one of them go to ULM and Co. is located in West Monroe?
07-12-2014 03:53 PM
SOT1977 Offline
1st String

(07-12-2014 03:53 PM)KeyWestTROYTrojan Wrote:  Congrats. Good to see. In terms of donors, do you guys get any support from the "Duck Dynasty" people? Didn't at least one of them go to ULM and Co. is located in West Monroe?

We get support from the Robertsons but I really have no idea how much because EVERYBODY is trying to get something from them and they are already the headline sponsors for the Independence Bowl and a NASCAR race! They are taking part in the opening game ceremonies against Wake Forest with Willie Robertson doing the coin toss. He also did it for the Baylor game. Willie is the ULM grad and, yes, Duck Commander headquarters is in West Monroe.

As to what they might have done regarding the new facility, nobody knows yet. I doubt that whatever the individual donors contributed will be published, just that they were part of the project.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 04:25 PM by SOT1977.)
07-12-2014 04:24 PM
Advertisement

GeauxUL Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ragin Cajuns
About time ulm does something, gotta try to keep up with the other instate schools :)
07-12-2014 05:47 PM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
(07-12-2014 02:09 PM)Warsaw landing Wrote:  

Phase II is already in the works , which will make it much larger, but very happy about this finally getting under way.

Fundraising isn't complete for phase I so let's calm down on phase two. Also, phase two won't make the lockerroom or coaches offices any larger.
07-12-2014 07:52 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
Here are the renderings posted on the SB web site earlier today. Looks nice!

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/news/2014/7...41220.aspx
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 08:24 PM by Oldyeller.)
07-12-2014 08:19 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(07-12-2014 04:24 PM)SOT1977 Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 03:53 PM)KeyWestTROYTrojan Wrote:  Congrats. Good to see. In terms of donors, do you guys get any support from the "Duck Dynasty" people? Didn't at least one of them go to ULM and Co. is located in West Monroe?

We get support from the Robertsons but I really have no idea how much because EVERYBODY is trying to get something from them and they are already the headline sponsors for the Independence Bowl and a NASCAR race! They are taking part in the opening game ceremonies against Wake Forest with Willie Robertson doing the coin toss. He also did it for the Baylor game. Willie is the ULM grad and, yes, Duck Commander headquarters is in West Monroe.

As to what they might have done regarding the new facility, nobody knows yet. I doubt that whatever the individual donors contributed will be published, just that they were part of the project.

Willie Robertson is a Harding grad, don't know where y'all go the idea that he went to ULM
07-12-2014 10:59 PM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

(07-12-2014 10:59 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  

Willie Robertson is a Harding grad, don't know where y'all go the idea that he went to ULM

He went to Harding and ULM.
07-13-2014 01:20 AM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Word on the streets is that Troy may be breaking ground on our expansion following the 2015 season. 20million of the 30million dollars for the expansion has been obtained according to sources.
07-14-2014 01:14 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
Congrats on the upgrades!

04-cheers
07-14-2014 02:28 PM
SOT1977 Offline
1st String

Well, he did go to ULM (after Harding). I don't know where you get the idea that he didn't. Willie and HC Todd Berry are on each other's speed dial.
07-15-2014 08:11 AM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

(07-15-2014 08:11 AM)SOT1977 Wrote:  

Well, he did go to ULM (after Harding). I don't know where you get the idea that he didn't. Willie and HC Todd Berry are on each other's speed dial.

Yes, Willie and Berry are very good friends. I watched an episode last night and it showed a flyover of our baseball and football stadiums and the basketball arena. Pretty cool.
07-15-2014 08:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.