Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT - Lebron headed back to Cleveland
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
OT - Lebron headed back to Cleveland
I think that's an interesting move. Who says you can't go home again?

Maybe I'm making too much of it, but LeBron James going back to Cleveland is almost like a win for the non-BCS folks comparable to a Conference USA team playing in the BCS title game.
07-11-2014 01:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Da.Owl Offline
Rs.for.Cars@gmail.com

I Root For: The Rice Owls

Folding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
RE: OT - Lebron headed back to Cleveland
(07-11-2014 01:35 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I think that's an interesting move. Who says you can't go home again?

Maybe I'm making too much of it, but LeBron James going back to Cleveland is almost like a win for the non-BCS folks comparable to a Conference USA team playing in the BCS title game.

I'm hoping Morey can pull off the trades needed to bring Bosh here and Parsons back.
07-11-2014 01:46 PM
d1owls4life Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: the Rice Owls!

New Orleans Bowl
(07-11-2014 01:46 PM)Da.Owl Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 01:35 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I think that's an interesting move. Who says you can't go home again?

I'm hoping Morey can pull off the trades needed to bring Bosh here and Parsons back.

Looking like a Lin deal is now in place.

Beverly-Harden-Parsons-Bosh-Howard would make quite a starting 5.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 01:55 PM by d1owls4life.)
07-11-2014 01:55 PM
mrbig Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
How is the Rice University president moving to Cleveland OT?!?
07-11-2014 02:24 PM
smackdaddy Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice Owls
I'm torn. I'm happy for Cleveland, but Leebron will be missed at Rice. He would've fit well in Rhoades's new system. That said, Kyrie's just the point guard to clear space for David and set up Ping with pick-and-rolls.
07-11-2014 02:24 PM
Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

Well played sir!
07-11-2014 02:53 PM
Advertisement

Orange County Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice/Bradley/Iowa

New Orleans Bowl
ESPN reporting Bosh back to Miami.
07-11-2014 07:04 PM
Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

The Rockets get played.

Daryl Morey's star is losing its luster.
07-11-2014 09:24 PM
d1owls4life Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
(07-11-2014 09:24 PM)Tomball Owl Wrote:  The Rockets get played.

I'm not sure how he got played. Miami didn't offer the max until today. Hard to compete with $30 million more and an extra year.

Tough day for sure. The Asik trade will work out fine, but I think Daryl will regret the Lin trade since the Bosh signing fell through. Really needs to use this cap space he has created to solidify his bench and then match on Parsons and see where that takes them.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 09:43 PM by d1owls4life.)
07-11-2014 09:42 PM
RiceDad Offline
1st String

I Root For:
DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
The NBA has and to me will continue to be a total POS until it quits being the who gets rich quicker league. Since this will never stop, I expect never to watch an NBA game ever again.
07-11-2014 10:40 PM
Mademen Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UH
(07-11-2014 10:40 PM)RiceDad Wrote:  The NBA has and to me will continue to be a total POS until it quits being the who gets rich quicker league. Since this will never stop, I expect never to watch an NBA game ever again.

The rich get richer? San Antonio won the title this year. The final 4 teams were San Antonio, Indiana, Oklahoma City, and Miami. The Lakers, Celtics, and Knicks missed the playoffs. Explain to me what is upsetting you.
07-12-2014 12:41 PM
Advertisement

Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-11-2014 09:42 PM)d1owls4life Wrote:  

I'm not sure how he got played. Miami didn't offer the max until today. Hard to compete with $30 million more and an extra year.

Tough day for sure. The Asik trade will work out fine, but I think Daryl will regret the Lin trade since the Bosh signing fell through. Really needs to use this cap space he has created to solidify his bench and then match on Parsons and see where that takes them.

Bosh likely never intended to come to Houston. He used the Rockets offer to get Miami to pony up. In the process of making the commitment to Bosh, Morey traded some key components/depth and has nothing to show for it except cash to spend.

Now they are resigning Trevor Ariza because they don't want to pay Parsons.

Morey's plan for this off-season collapsed and now he's chasing retreads.
07-12-2014 08:52 PM
d1owls4life Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
(07-12-2014 08:52 PM)Tomball Owl Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 09:42 PM)d1owls4life Wrote:  

Bosh likely never intended to come to Houston. He used the Rockets offer to get Miami to pony up. In the process of making the commitment to Bosh, Morey traded some key components/depth and has nothing to show for it except cash to spend.

Now they are resigning Trevor Ariza because they don't want to pay Parsons.

Morey's plan for this off-season collapsed and now he's chasing retreads.

I'm sure he was using the Rockets as leverage as he should. It came out today that the Rockets front office believed the Bosh deal was done and hence why they traded Lin the way they did (they were always going to trade Asik). They got good value for Asik, but the Lin deal hurts.

I believe the Rockets will match Parsons.

edit: And I would be wrong. Don't understand this one. Good thing I'm a bigger hockey fan than NBA fan.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2014 05:04 PM by d1owls4life.)
07-12-2014 09:00 PM
Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I'll stand by my original comment. Morey got played. Not a good offseason for the Rockets.
07-14-2014 03:30 AM
MemOwl Offline
All American

I Root For: Owls
it will be interesting to see what the real story is on bosh.

seems to me that trust between teams and agents is a huge part of what makes the NBA work. for example, sign and trades and conventional trades like the Harden deal where the player commits to sign an extension once the trade is completed.

If Bosh's agent broke the code, it will be interesting to if it has ramifications for his other clients.
07-14-2014 08:34 AM
NicevilleWRC Offline
1st String

(07-14-2014 08:34 AM)MemOwl Wrote:  it will be interesting to see what the real story is on bosh.

seems to me that trust between teams and agents is a huge part of what makes the NBA work. for example, sign and trades and conventional trades like the Harden deal where the player commits to sign an extension once the trade is completed.

If Bosh's agent broke the code, it will be interesting to if it has ramifications for his other clients.

According to Morey's interview Bosh's agents were very professional. It seems others here are correct that Bosh used Houston's offer as leverage with Miami, although Morey is convinced Bosh was coming if Miami only matched and didn't go to the full five years.

Morey went on to say you need 3 superstars to win, implying he didn't match Parsons because Morey doesn't think Parsons is that third superstar, but he got Ariza and flexibility he think he can use to improve the team later.

Oh, and Morey said they swung for the fences, and sometimes you get Harden and Howard, and sometimes you miss. The key is to "always be in the game."
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 11:27 AM by NicevilleWRC.)
07-14-2014 11:24 AM
Advertisement

waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(07-14-2014 11:24 AM)NicevilleWRC Wrote:  
(07-14-2014 08:34 AM)MemOwl Wrote:  it will be interesting to see what the real story is on bosh.

According to Morey's interview Bosh's agents were very professional. It seems others here are correct that Bosh used Houston's offer as leverage with Miami, although Morey is convinced Bosh was coming if Miami only matched and didn't go to the full five years.

Morey went on to say you need 3 superstars to win, implying he didn't match Parsons because Morey doesn't think Parsons is that third superstar, but he got Ariza and flexibility he think he can use to improve the team later.

Oh, and Morey said they swung for the fences, and sometimes you get Harden and Howard, and sometimes you miss. The key is to "always be in the game."

Who was the 3rd superstar on the Kobe-Shaq or Kobe-Gasol Laker teams? Who was the 3rd superstar on the Jordan-Pippen Bulls? Or the Olijawon Rockets? Who, aside from George, is considered a superstar on Indiana? Who, aside from Dirk N., was the superstar on the Dallas championship team of four years ago? You don't need 3 superstars or even 3 all-stars; what you need is at least one superstar who is surrounded by 5 - 6 other quality, team-oriented role players who all represent specific puzzle pieces in the particular system you are deploying.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 04:04 PM by waltgreenberg.)
07-14-2014 03:57 PM
OldOwl Offline
1st String

I am sure Manzeil had something to do of getting LeBron back to Cleveland :)

it will be interesting to see what the real story is on bosh.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who was the 3rd superstar on the Kobe-Shaq or Kobe-Gasol Laker teams? Who was the 3rd superstar on the Jordan-Pippen Bulls? Or the Olijawon Rockets? Who, aside from George, is considered a superstar on Indiana? Who, aside from Dirk N., was the superstar on the Dallas championship team of four years ago? You don't need 3 superstars or even 3 all-stars; what you need is at least one superstar who is surrounded by 5 - 6 other quality, team-oriented role players who all represent specific puzzle pieces in the particular system you are deploying.
[/quote]
07-15-2014 05:42 PM
Buho00 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I think letting Parsons go was a mistake. Not sure what Morey wat thinking there. What can't Parsons do? He's improved each of his three years and is on the verge of being a superstar. Would not be shocked if Dallas comes out of the West.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2014 07:02 PM by Buho00.)
07-15-2014 07:01 PM
T-Moar Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Houston and Arizona
(07-14-2014 03:57 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  
(07-14-2014 11:24 AM)NicevilleWRC Wrote:  

RE: The Bulls and Lakers, I think the coach can be counted as a superstar. Phil Jackson is arguably the greatest coach of all time, and he still needed multiple all-stars to win his championships.

The Pacers haven't won a title.

The Mavs were an exception, and were probably the worst team in recent memory to win a title. They played the absolute best basketball they possibly could have, and the Heat played their worst. Even considering all that, they still had 3 guys that were drafted in the top 10 of their class (Chandler, Kidd, and Nowitzki).
07-18-2014 11:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.