Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

It's amazing how much our blog on ESPN SUCKS!
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
It's amazing how much our blog on ESPN SUCKS!
I think we need another sit in / hostile takeover. There isn't a single article mentioning a current member team. I mean, we have a media contract with the friggin company, and they are still treating us like a retarded stepchild. DOWN WITH THE ESPIN GOONS!
07-11-2014 08:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
RE: It's amazing how much our blog on ESPN SUCKS!
Look I gave up hope on that thing last year or so when they pulled the plug on the Big East blog before even letting anyone know they were going to do so. For fans of UC, USF and UConn it was especially harsh because they covered those schools for years and there were many followers from those schools. The least Andrea Adelson, Matt Fortuna or someone else could have done is to say something to the effect that they decided to discontinue the blog ahead of time and goodbye.
07-11-2014 08:48 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
It is better to have a lousy blog than none at all - until it gets more hits, there won't be any improvement.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 08:49 AM by Gray Avenger.)
07-11-2014 08:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(07-11-2014 08:48 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  It is better to have a lousy blog than none at all - until it gets more hits, there won't be any improvement.

The old Big East board was one of the most active conference blogs on ESPN. There were a ton of UC, USF and UConn contributors to that blog. When they dumped us, they lost a lot of loyal followers. I doubt they will return. As the old business addage goes, "It takes years to win a customer but only seconds to lose one".

Eff them
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 09:06 AM by CliftonAve.)
07-11-2014 09:05 AM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
This is a bit of a mystery to me. Lets be honest, it's NOT an aac blog. There is a placeholder, and it's entirely populated with stories about the P5 conferences. Scroll down, ACC, B10, ND, etc etc. I don't see anything about our conference. So it's not that we need to click here to support our 'blog', we still don't have one. I used to be all over that blog, but how I'm here, and on other AAC sites.

I'd love to know what's the real backstorystory here. I still speculate that ESPN is somehow contractually obligated to provide is a 'blog'... maybe Aresco slipped it in the fine print or something. If ESPN really want to give us a blog, they would spend 0.000001% of their budget and have someone write a few stories about us. Yet they put our games all over their TV networks. Definitely wierd.

IIRC, in the final days it got downright nasty and personal with Adelson. Lots of personal insults against her. Maybe our 'fans' back then just pissed ESPN off too much and they've not forgot it yet. But Clifton is right, the way they took it down without warning was without class...
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 09:08 AM by Bull.)
07-11-2014 09:06 AM
MechaKnight Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF, UAB, Army
(07-11-2014 08:48 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  It is better to have a lousy blog than none at all - until it gets more hits, there won't be any improvement.

The blog isn't getting any hits because all of the content is ACC and B1G related, so American fans have no reason to visit.

They could have an unpaid intern spend 15 minutes a week adding links to relevant articles. They won't even do that, so the blog is cancelled for all intents and purposes. They just left the page up to make us go away.
07-11-2014 09:07 AM
Advertisement

ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
First year of the new contract. I'm expecting a pretty bad year under ESPN. Lots only going to get worse, we will get full CUSA treatment.
07-11-2014 09:29 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
(07-11-2014 08:37 AM)invisiblehand Wrote:  I think we need another sit in / hostile takeover. There isn't a single article mentioning a current member team. I mean, we have a media contract with the friggin company, and they are still treating us like a retarded stepchild. DOWN WITH THE ESPIN GOONS!

The AAC is the FNG Conference (FNG = #ucking New Guys). You still have not earned respect yet. Central Florida, Houston, East Carolina and Cincinnati have in football but not the rest so much. 07-coffee3
07-11-2014 09:36 AM
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(07-11-2014 08:37 AM)invisiblehand Wrote:  I think we need another sit in / hostile takeover. There isn't a single article mentioning a current member team. I mean, we have a media contract with the friggin company, and they are still treating us like a retarded stepchild. DOWN WITH THE ESPIN GOONS!

How Espn really views our conference.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 10:32 AM by Indiana Bones.)
07-11-2014 10:31 AM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
(07-11-2014 09:36 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  

The AAC is the FNG Conference (FNG = #ucking New Guys). You still have not earned respect yet. Central Florida, Houston, East Carolina and Cincinnati have in football but not the rest so much. 07-coffee3

Give me a break, conference earned a ton of 'respect' last season. You must have missed all the success... But either way, your claim would explain a 'fake' blog? 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 10:50 AM by Bull.)
07-11-2014 10:49 AM
mike012779 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Uconn
I agree I haven't been on the ESPN website in a very very long time after that Big East blog fiasco.
07-11-2014 11:00 AM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(07-11-2014 09:06 AM)Bull Wrote:  This is a bit of a mystery to me. Lets be honest, it's NOT an aac blog. There is a placeholder, and it's entirely populated with stories about the P5 conferences. Scroll down, ACC, B10, ND, etc etc. I don't see anything about our conference. So it's not that we need to click here to support our 'blog', we still don't have one. I used to be all over that blog, but how I'm here, and on other AAC sites.

I'd love to know what's the real backstorystory here. I still speculate that ESPN is somehow contractually obligated to provide is a 'blog'... maybe Aresco slipped it in the fine print or something. If ESPN really want to give us a blog, they would spend 0.000001% of their budget and have someone write a few stories about us. Yet they put our games all over their TV networks. Definitely wierd.

IIRC, in the final days it got downright nasty and personal with Adelson. Lots of personal insults against her. Maybe our 'fans' back then just pissed ESPN off too much and they've not forgot it yet. But Clifton is right, the way they took it down without warning was without class...

I don't remember it being there being a big issue with Adelson. Adelson already has the contracts and the rolodex to cover the AAC. All they would have to do is tell her to do one article a week. Like someone else reported, an intern could do it. My guess is a deal could be cut with the local Rivals guys to provide articles at a very low cost to ESPN. Heck, I suspect the AAC would probably provide content for the blog for free. ESPN simply doesn't want to do it for some reason.

At the very least---one would think the non-AQ blog would make a return given that a non-AQ school now has a GURANTEED place in an access bowl. Those conferences now have a major bowl angle that needs to be covered.

That said--where is the best current AAC blog coverage located? Anyone know of any great AAC blogs out there? What we should be doing is heavily supporting the blogs that offer excellent AAC coverage. Maybe ESPN will see that success and react accordingly. If not---we still get to congregate in a place that offers great stories and information about our conference rather than wringing our hands over the fact that ESPN does not. To hell with the ESPN blogs.
07-11-2014 11:10 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
The "give us back our blog" uprising was one of the best moments in this boards short history
07-11-2014 11:20 AM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
(07-11-2014 11:20 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  The "give us back our blog" uprising was one of the best moments in this boards short history

Viva La RevelucĂ­on!
07-11-2014 11:55 AM
kyucat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Cincinnati or the conference should supply ESPN with the content or a person in charge of providing content. That way there is no responsibility for ESPN to do anything but allow the blog to be on their web site. I also think the AAC should purchase a channel on XM/Sirus to make sure the game of the week is nationally broadcast. Just like BYU has their channel which has the games on each week. It can't cost to much money to make that happen.
07-11-2014 12:08 PM
ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

I Root For: American Rising
Here's what really doesn't make sense when it comes to that blog.

As of 1 July, the American (I assume) is/was no longer considered an "AQ" football conference. Also as of 1 July, Louisville / Rutgers officially departed and ECU/Tulsa/Tulane officially joined.

So what does ESPN do?

Not only do they leave the "American" blog link beside the contract conferences on the College Football Nation Blog page, but they take the time to move the Louisville team icon to the ACC and Rutgers to the B1G, and add ECU, Tulane and Tulsa to the American blog page down the right side.

As of 1 July they could have moved Louisville and Rutgers and deleted the American Blog if they really wanted to.

Why even post articles of the contract conferences on the American page when they have their own links?

I may be way off, but I honestly think that ESPN has to be giving some consideration to the basketball side of the American (UConn championships and the fact that at least the Top 5 teams can compete / win against most teams in the country) and the fact that UCF won a BCS bowl, in its first year in the league.

They may not be writing any articles (yet), but I think its easier to leave the blog in place for two reasons.

1. You'll see more AAC related articles once basketball season starts.

2. ESPN foresees American football "reaching new heights".

Just a thought.
07-11-2014 02:20 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
I remember when the blog uprising resulted in thousands of posts to the other blogs. ESPN then brought it back, but never filled it with an actual blogger.
07-11-2014 02:27 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
(07-11-2014 02:27 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  I remember when the blog uprising resulted in thousands of posts to the other blogs. ESPN then brought it back, but never filled it with an actual blogger.

I recall Aresco saying they had discussions with ESPN over the blog.
07-11-2014 02:43 PM
HURRICANEWARNING Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: TULSA -"The TU"
Anone have a list of good links to follow for AAC content besides this board? I'm just curious where others may get good AAC info.
07-11-2014 04:06 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Just win and the rest will take care of itself! 07-coffee3
07-11-2014 04:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.