Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Can you pass a citizenship test?
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
Can you pass a citizenship test?
Not sure if these are legitimate questions from citizenship tests (it's from one of those dumb click bait websites), but it was fun to see how I did.

I got 100% correct, but I know one of the questions is wrong....I guessed what their answer would be...so be on the lookout.

http://www.playbuzz.com/wrtvdigital10/ca...nship-test
07-10-2014 08:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: Can you pass a citizenship test?
100%.
07-10-2014 08:21 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
Fat fingers made me miss two. Damn it.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 08:38 PM by ecumbh1999.)
07-10-2014 08:26 PM
ncbeta Offline

Highlight if you've already taken it or don't mind the spoiler: the question "WHO LIVED IN AMERICA BEFORE THE EUROPEANS ARRIVED?" - should be no one. Because there wasn't an America (since they're referring to the United States of America). But you know they wanted you to pick American Indians.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 08:29 PM by ncbeta.)
07-10-2014 08:28 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

(07-10-2014 08:12 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  Not sure if these are legitimate questions from citizenship tests (it's from one of those dumb click bait websites), but it was fun to see how I did.

I got 100% correct, but I know one of the questions is wrong....I guessed what their answer would be...so be on the lookout.

http://www.playbuzz.com/wrtvdigital10/ca...nship-test

Okay, I didn't see a fake question or one that was wrong the first time, I clicked your link again to see if the questions change and they do.
07-10-2014 08:28 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

(07-10-2014 08:28 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  Highlight if you've already taken it or don't mind the spoiler: the question "WHO LIVED IN AMERICA BEFORE THE EUROPEANS ARRIVED?" - should be no one. Because there wasn't an America (since they're referring to the United States of America). But you know they wanted you to pick American Indians.

Actually, it is right, America, just by itself actually refers to both North and South America. Even if the reference is to the United States (which I also figure it is) it is in reference to the geographical area known as the United States today. It supposed to be understood they are referring to before the United States was formed.
07-10-2014 08:37 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
49/50

For some reason I thought congress had 441 members instead of 435...
07-10-2014 08:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ncbeta Offline

(07-10-2014 08:37 PM)ecumbh1999 Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 08:28 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  Highlight if you've already taken it or don't mind the spoiler: the question "WHO LIVED IN AMERICA BEFORE THE EUROPEANS ARRIVED?" - should be no one. Because there wasn't an America (since they're referring to the United States of America). But you know they wanted you to pick American Indians.

Actually, it is right, America, just by itself actually refers to both North and South America. Even if the reference is to the United States (which I also figure it is) it is in reference to the geographical area known as the United States today. It supposed to be understood they are referring to before the United States was formed.

I see it differently. All 49 of the other questions are specific to the United States. There's no reason for potential citizens to have to know that "America" refers to both North and South America, and the land that was here before the European settlers came in can be called America. Heck, they thought it was India when they first got here. I'd be more confident a the test taker that said "Native Americans lived in the geographic area that is now called the United States prior to the colonization efforts by Europeans" or "No one, because it wasn't the United States back then."

I think "America" and "The United States" are interchangeable in the mind of the person who formed the question.
07-10-2014 08:45 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
100%
07-10-2014 09:10 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
50 out of 50 for me!
Wonder what the average score is?
I'm guessing it would be pretty embarrassing.
07-10-2014 09:23 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

(07-10-2014 08:45 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  

I see it differently. All 49 of the other questions are specific to the United States. There's no reason for potential citizens to have to know that "America" refers to both North and South America, and the land that was here before the European settlers came in can be called America. Heck, they thought it was India when they first got here. I'd be more confident a the test taker that said "Native Americans lived in the geographic area that is now called the United States prior to the colonization efforts by Europeans" or "No one, because it wasn't the United States back then."

I think "America" and "The United States" are interchangeable in the mind of the person who formed the question.

Actually for everyone out side the United States it is understood that America means both North and South America, also out side of the US it isn't interchangeable.

There is a youtube video that explains, will post when I find it.
07-10-2014 09:26 PM
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline

(07-10-2014 09:26 PM)ecumbh1999 Wrote:  

Actually for everyone out side the United States it is understood that America means both North and South America, also out side of the US it isn't interchangeable.

I completely see what you're saying and don't disagree with your point. I just think that the question is worded poorly for people that will be adapting to American culture. What if they take it as South America? Who knows....we may have to just agree to disagree.

To be honest with y'all, I had to make an educated guess on the federalist papers question. Couldn't remember.
07-10-2014 09:42 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

Ah, finally found it,

07-10-2014 10:46 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
(07-10-2014 08:40 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  49/50

it's those extra 7 states 03-wink
07-10-2014 10:48 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

(07-10-2014 09:42 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:26 PM)ecumbh1999 Wrote:  

I completely see what you're saying and don't disagree with your point. I just think that the question is worded poorly for people that will be adapting to American culture. What if they take it as South America? Who knows....we may have to just agree to disagree.

To be honest with y'all, I had to make an educated guess on the federalist papers question. Couldn't remember.

Well, I had a double major, Graphics Arts/History so kind of have a leg up on some. But, damn those fat fingers!!!!!!
07-10-2014 10:49 PM
ncbeta Offline

Pols minor. This is one of those rare scenarios where it was helpful.
07-11-2014 12:18 AM
Advertisement

TheDancinMonarch Online
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
50 of 50. Does that entitle me to sneak into the country to receive benefits? I guess that was question #51.
07-11-2014 12:40 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(07-10-2014 10:48 PM)EagleX Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 08:40 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  49/50

it's those extra 7 states 03-wink

(07-11-2014 12:40 AM)TheDancinMonarch Wrote:  50 of 50. Does that entitle me to sneak into the country to receive benefits? I guess that was question #51.
Many want the benefits then have 1/2 the country absorbed by Mexico.
07-11-2014 03:36 AM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
That was a good time waster :)
50/50
07-11-2014 10:10 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU

I think the point of the question should be to reinforce that The United States is the official name, and the term "America" can have different meanings not related to the USA.
07-11-2014 10:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.