http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/201...ppeningnow
07-10-2014 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Donators
RE: James Johnson to Raptors
Everyone in the West seems to be adding / improving. Except us. Will be interesting to see what, if anything, the FO does before the season starts.
07-10-2014 09:16 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
So we've lost all our athuhleets ?
07-10-2014 09:17 AM
spankadelphia Offline
Banned

Wallace is just showing everyone what a useless piece of **** most of us already knew he was. A first year GM came in here last year and acquired an actual bench with zero cap room to work with. What has Wallace ever done without a butt load of cap space? Zilch.

My guess is Courtney Lee is now on the trade block so we can 1. Finish dismantling the additions to the team from Levien and 2. Move TA back into the starting lineup because the floor spacing wasn't bad enough before.

Expect Gilbert Arenas and Austin Croshere for the vet minimum or some ****.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 09:55 AM by spankadelphia.)
07-10-2014 09:52 AM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(07-10-2014 09:14 AM)FranklinTNTiger Wrote:  Let's sign Paol and we'll be good!

(07-10-2014 09:05 AM)k2tigers Wrote:  him and most likely Miller - gone

Serious question here: is this part of a plan of some sort? On the surface it seems bizarre.
07-10-2014 10:05 AM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(07-10-2014 10:05 AM)TigerBill Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:14 AM)FranklinTNTiger Wrote:  Let's sign Paol and we'll be good!

(07-10-2014 09:05 AM)k2tigers Wrote:  him and most likely Miller - gone

Serious question here: is this part of a plan of some sort? On the surface it seems bizarre.

A lot of uncertainty about the overall plan right now. Feels kind of weak. Me no likey.
07-10-2014 10:37 AM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
What's the big deal here? We all knew James Johnson isn't going to be retained. There's a log jam at the wing positions (TA, C Lee, Pondexter, Adams, and Prince) and Johnson fell out of favor with Joerger. This is not a big surprise.

I hope we can retain Miller but if LBJ ends up at Cleveland, Miller will go there irrespective of what the Grizz offer.
07-10-2014 11:42 AM
fishman6581 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Tigers
Miller is gonna be gone too. No way he turns down 4.5 mil over 3-4 years which is what Denver or OKC will pay him. Johnson wanted to stay but Toronto wanted him bad.
07-10-2014 11:44 AM
bsp34 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Mississippi St.
(07-10-2014 11:42 AM)tiger1016 Wrote:  What's the big deal here? We all knew James Johnson isn't going to be retained. There's a log jam at the wing positions (TA, C Lee, Pondexter, Adams, and Prince) and Johnson fell out of favor with Joerger. This is not a big surprise.

I hope we can retain Miller but if LBJ ends up at Cleveland, Miller will go there irrespective of what the Grizz offer.

I agree. Plus we don't have a lot of space to work with this off season. All we have the MLE at around $5mil. If we are able to keep Miller, most of that will go to him.

Next year is when we will be big players in FA. With Prince coming off the books we will have the space for a max deal.
07-10-2014 11:45 AM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-10-2014 11:44 AM)fishman6581 Wrote:  Miller is gonna be gone too. No way he turns down 4.5 mil over 3-4 years which is what Denver or OKC will pay him. Johnson wanted to stay but Toronto wanted him bad.

If teams are willing to overpay Miller, then good for him. I highly doubt he'll play a full season again over the next 3-4 years.

Next yr is the big year for us in terms of free agency.
07-10-2014 11:56 AM
Advertisement

spankadelphia Offline
Banned

Next year's FA class doesn't compare to this year's, especially at our biggest position of need.

I hate to see our bench get picked apart. They made a huge difference this year and Wallace has never assembled anything resembling a respectable bench in his time as a GM. I would give him credit for 2011 but he sent Vazquez and Battier packing and replaced them with zombies.
07-10-2014 12:21 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

James Johnson to Raptors
I think bench will be fine. The loss will be Miller. Johnson didn't play much in the last one third of the season and the POs.

I don't see a huge diff in terms of who the Grizz can attract this year or next yr in terms of FA. They won't be sexy names as those type of players won't come to Memphis. But we can get the 2nd tier of players such as an Ariza, etc. There will be good FAs next year as there is almost every year and we'll have the financial flexibility to sign some good FAs
07-10-2014 12:38 PM
spankadelphia Offline
Banned

Ariza wants $12 million. That's insane.

I don't feel good about the direction of this team at all. If I were GM right now I would look to trade Gasol and blow the damn thing up. They will be forced to offer Gasol a max contract if they want to keep him, and you should never pay that much for a player who averages 14 points and 7 rebounds a game, no matter how good his defense is. That's a Bargnani type contract waiting to happen.
07-10-2014 12:44 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-10-2014 12:44 PM)spankadelphia Wrote:  Ariza wants $12 million. That's insane.

I don't feel good about the direction of this team at all. If I were GM right now I would look to trade Gasol and blow the damn thing up. They will be forced to offer Gasol a max contract if they want to keep him, and you should never pay that much for a player who averages 14 points and 7 rebounds a game, no matter how good his defense is. That's a Bargnani type contract waiting to happen.

Why???
The team as it's built now will be a PO team. We gotta develop our young guys and 2015 will be a key year to sign up FAs. And they will keep Gasol.
07-10-2014 02:10 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
perhaps - but, which 3-4 teams below won't make the PO's?

OKC
Spurs
Clippers
Blazers
Warriors
Rockets
Mavericks
Suns
Nuggets
Pelicans
07-10-2014 02:15 PM
Advertisement

spankadelphia Offline
Banned

(07-10-2014 02:15 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  perhaps - but, which 3-4 teams below won't make the PO's?

OKC
Spurs
Clippers
Blazers
Warriors
Rockets
Mavericks
Suns
Nuggets
Pelicans

New Orleans is probably the least likely to make it unless unibrow goes supernova this year. The Suns and Blazers will be better and Denver will make a push (like they always do) with a healthy lineup. Dallas will make it unless Dirk goes down. OKC, Spurs, Rockets, and Clippers are locks.

Really wish we had that 2015 1st rounder.03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 02:27 PM by spankadelphia.)
07-10-2014 02:24 PM
Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(07-10-2014 12:44 PM)spankadelphia Wrote:  Ariza wants $12 million. That's insane.

Thank God you're not the GM.
07-10-2014 02:38 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Dynamos Offline
Heisman

I Root For: 3 Day Weekends
Grizz are probably gonna be fighting with the Nuggets, Suns and Pelicans for the 8th spot. If the Grizz miss the playoffs I think Gasol is gone. So that would be no playoffs, no lottery pick and no Gasol. This thing can go really bad really quickly
07-10-2014 02:39 PM
bsp34 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Mississippi St.
the only reason we were fighting for the 8th spot last year was Gasol missing two months (or whatever it was). let's relax with the doom and gloom
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 02:55 PM by bsp34.)
07-10-2014 02:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.