Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GSU: New Booster Club Website
Bookmark and Share
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
GSU: New Booster Club Website
http://georgiastatepac.com/

Interim has been in power 8 days and has done more than the prior AD did the last 3 years
07-09-2014 01:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eaglewraith Online
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: GSU: New Booster Club Website
Devil's Advocate: Something like that would have already been in work. It wouldn't happen in 8 days from an interim.
07-09-2014 03:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panama Offline
Legend

(07-09-2014 03:59 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  Devil's Advocate: Something like that would have already been in work. It wouldn't happen in 8 days from an interim.

The reverse side of that is that who knows how long those renderings have existed (the ones on the athletics site were hidden for 2 years plus) and history tells us that Levick would never have allowed this site to be created. Once you announce capital projects you must raise money. That's not the type of work our former AD liked to do.
07-09-2014 04:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(07-09-2014 01:50 PM)panama Wrote:  http://georgiastatepac.com/

Interim has been in power 8 days and has done more than the prior AD did the last 3 years

At least Georgia States Athletic Club raises money for capital outlay projects. NMSU's just raises money for scholarships.
07-09-2014 04:26 PM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

(07-09-2014 04:26 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

At least Georgia States Athletic Club will start to raise money for capital outlay projects. NMSU's just raises money for scholarships.

FIFY
07-09-2014 04:27 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(07-09-2014 04:27 PM)panama Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 04:26 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

At least Georgia States Athletic Club will start to raise money for capital outlay projects. NMSU's just raises money for scholarships.

FIFY

Still more then NMSU's
07-09-2014 04:35 PM
GaStPanthers Offline
1st String

I Root For: Georgia State
(07-09-2014 04:12 PM)panama Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 03:59 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  Devil's Advocate: Something like that would have already been in work. It wouldn't happen in 8 days from an interim.

The reverse side of that is that who knows how long those renderings have existed (the ones on the athletics site were hidden for 2 years plus) and history tells us that Levick would never have allowed this site to be created. Once you announce capital projects you must raise money. That's not the type of work our former AD liked to do.

I wonder how much of this, if any at all, is being done to make potential AD candidates what needs to be done, what's the expectations, perhaps that this Turner Field isn't the only facility project in the hopper, or to even make the job more attractive to candidates?

I also wonder how much of this, if any at all, is being done to add to current staff members' resumes as they know there is a highly likely chance they will not be retained with the new AD.
07-09-2014 05:01 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(07-09-2014 05:01 PM)GaStPanthers Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 04:12 PM)panama Wrote:  

I wonder how much of this, if any at all, is being done to make potential AD candidates what needs to be done, what's the expectations, perhaps that this Turner Field isn't the only facility project in the hopper, or to even make the job more attractive to candidates?

I also wonder how much of this, if any at all, is being done to add to current staff members' resumes as they know there is a highly likely chance they will not be retained with the new AD.
I think the interim guy is trying to create buzz and show that its a new day, The capital projects will likely change with the new AD but they will at least be PUBLIC. Also hearing buzz on logo front.
07-09-2014 05:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.