Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jon Rothstein of College Basketball Insider / CBSSN Makes American Projections
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
MyBB Jon Rothstein of College Basketball Insider / CBSSN Makes American Projections
From his twitter account:
14-15 Power Rankings:
1. SMU
2. UCONN
3. Cincy
4. Memphis
5. Temple
6. Tulsa
7. Houston
8. USF
9. UCF
10. Tulane
11. ECU

Preseason POT: Mudiay (SMU)
Sleeper: Temple

All Conference 1st Team:
Muddiay (SMU), Boatwright (UConn), Woodard (Tulsa), Kennedy (SMU), Goodwin (Memphis)

Impact Freshman:
Muddiay (SMU), Hamilton (UConn), Powell (Memphis), Magee (Memphis), Clark (Cincy), Moore (Cincy), Dew (Tulsa), Enechionyia (Temple), Guerrero (USF), Henriquez (UCF)

Impact Transfers:
Martin (SMU), Purvis (UConn), Cassell Jr. (UConn), DeBerry (Cincy), Ellis (Cincy), Bond (Temple), Morgan (Temple), Pollard (Houston), Baker (Houston), Morillo (USF)

Breakout Players:
Thomas (Cincy), Brimah (UConn), Perry (USF), King (Memphis), Wright (Tulsa)

I think he's pretty spot on with everything, though I think the battle for the 4-6 slots is going to be pretty close this year as Temple adds good transfers, Tulsa returns good players, and Memphis is breaking in good Freshman.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 09:17 AM by invisiblehand.)
07-09-2014 09:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
RE: Jon Rothstein of College Basketball Insider / CBSSN Makes American Projections
Sooo.... did we drop Tulane?
07-09-2014 09:12 AM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: Jon Rothstein of College Basketball Insider / CBSSN Makes American Projections
(07-09-2014 09:12 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  Sooo.... did we drop Tulane?

Excuse me, I'll edit it.
07-09-2014 09:17 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Three USF players mentioned. Antigua could get the ball rolling in the right direction at USF
07-09-2014 09:19 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(07-09-2014 09:09 AM)invisiblehand Wrote:  From his twitter account:
14-15 Power Rankings:
1. SMU
2. UCONN
3. Cincy
4. Memphis
5. Temple
6. Tulsa
7. Houston
8. USF
9. UCF
10. Tulane
11. ECU

All Conference 1st Team:
Muddiay (SMU), Boatwright (UConn), Woodard (Tulsa), Kennedy (SMU), Goodwin (Memphis)

Impact Freshman:
Muddiay (SMU), Hamilton (UConn), Powell (Memphis), Magee (Memphis), Clark (Cincy), Moore (Cincy), Dew (Tulsa), Enechionyia (Temple), Guerrero (USF), Henriquez (UCF)

Impact Transfers:
Martin (SMU), Purvis (UConn), Cassell Jr. (UConn), DeBerry (Cincy), Ellis (Cincy), Bond (Temple), Morgan (Temple), Pollard (Houston), Baker (Houston), Morillo (USF)

Breakout Players:

I think he's pretty spot on with everything, though I think the battle for the 4-6 slots is going to be pretty close this year as Temple adds good transfers, Tulsa returns good players, and Memphis is breaking in good Freshman.

Looks about as I expected - with maybe Tulsa a bit low. Memphis lost a lot of senior floor leadership --- but leading on some elite talent over the next two years and should be back Memphis style shortly.
07-09-2014 09:27 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Interesting that Lance Tejada isn't listed as an "Impact Freshman."

Well, being projected dead last should piss off our players, and I look forward to ECU proving them wrong.
07-09-2014 09:32 AM
Advertisement

NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
LMAO. There is no way we finish last.
07-09-2014 09:32 AM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

We've got nowhere to go but up. I like this.
07-09-2014 09:33 AM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
14-15 Power Rankings:
1. SMU
2. UCONN
3. Cincy
4. Memphis
5. Temple
6. Tulsa
7. Houston
8. USF
9. UCF
10. Tulane
11. ECU

All Conference 1st Team:

Impact Freshman:

Impact Transfers:

Breakout Players:

Good list. Glad to see Temple on the rise, as it should be. Tulsa is certainly the sleeper. SMU is going to win this conference. Memphis, with all the new players, will be a real question mark going into the season.
07-09-2014 09:37 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-09-2014 09:32 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  LMAO. There is no way we finish last.

WE know that. It's just up to Lebo & the players to show everybody else.
GO Coogs GO!!! Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
Fair enough, I think we will finish higher but until we prove we can I don’t see any reason to place us ahead of anyone placed in front of us on that list.

Too much turnover and a new coach (even if he is a proven winner).
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

Dang, whisnant not on the impact transfer list? Pretty sure he was a four star starter on fsu's acc championship team w. Decent stats.
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

Disrespect for ECU basketball. Underdogs. Under the radar.

[Image: 54936.jpg]
07-09-2014 09:40 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Without really studying the rosters, I can only guess. But just intuitively, I think Tulane will finish last.

If that turns out to be the case, I expect Tulane will open up the checkbook for a major new HC-hire in March.
07-09-2014 09:40 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-09-2014 09:37 AM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  
14-15 Power Rankings:
1. SMU
2. UCONN
3. Cincy
4. Memphis
5. Temple
6. Tulsa
7. Houston
8. USF
9. UCF
10. Tulane
11. ECU

Good list. Glad to see Temple on the rise, as it should be. Tulsa is certainly the sleeper. SMU is going to win this conference. Memphis, with all the new players, will be a real question mark going into the season.

Certainly SMU will be the favorite but after last season I'm not counting out UConn to win this. The Tigers could be anything true --- but with *so many* new faces I suspect chemistry will be an issue - at least early if not for the season.
07-09-2014 09:46 AM
Tigersmoke Offline
2nd String

So let me see, Memphis has a 1st team all conference jr, a soph that is listed as an break out selection and 2 new impact players not to mention a 5 star soph who may be on some all American watch lists and we are picked 4th? Then a bunch of 4stars surrounding them also. Um ok.
07-09-2014 09:47 AM
Advertisement

bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Thats pretty much how my list would look like too. Big fight for spots 3 through 7 in my view. Worst case scenario for this is league is two NCAA teams a bunch of NIT level teams. I am guessing four make the tournament and couple more slide into the NIT.

ECU fans, I expect your team to be a difficult out in your own gym but I can't see the Pirates finishing much higher than 8th or 9th. USF has high major talent and should be better this season too. Overall I expect the middle and bottom of this league to be competitive. Last season, the bottom of the league was better than their record showed but they still had trouble winning games against the big boys.
07-09-2014 09:47 AM
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

ECU last? I thought Lebo had it going on SJ?
07-09-2014 09:56 AM
Carolina Stang Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
it is going to be a fun ride this year, for sure.

SMU has never been the hunted - will be interesting to see how we play with all the media hype.
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-09-2014 09:40 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  Disrespect for ECU basketball. Underdogs. Under the radar.

[Image: 54936.jpg]

Somewhere deep inside of the practice facility at ECU Jeff Lebo is sitting at his desk in his office and rubbing his hands together and is quietly muttering bring it b-itches!!
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 09:57 AM by PirateMarv.)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.