Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Houston offers Chris Bosh max contract
Bookmark and Share
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

I Root For: Memphis
Houston offers Chris Bosh max contract
4 years $96 million

A line-up of Howard, Bosh, and Harden would be really scary.
07-07-2014 02:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Downtown Tiger Offline
Banned

RE: Houston offers Chris Bosh max contract
Heard the Heat signed McRoberts and are about to sign Granger. Why do I get the feeling that Lebron and Melo BOTH end up with the Lakers?
07-07-2014 03:00 PM
mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

Melo might be on the Lakers, but no way in Hades does Bron Bron go there as well.
07-07-2014 03:08 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
the Heat signed those guys to entice the Big 3 to stay....

I wonder how Houston can afford to pay Harden, Howard and max Bosh. Surely they need to free up cap room.
07-07-2014 03:20 PM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(07-07-2014 03:20 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  the Heat signed those guys to entice the Big 3 to stay....

I wonder how Houston can afford to pay Harden, Howard and max Bosh. Surely they need to free up cap room.

Dump Jeremy Lin like they did with Omer Asik.

If I'm Bosh, I'd take more money next two Dwight Howard than less money playing center.

He's got his two rings with Lebron all ready.

I wouldn't be shocked if James goes back to Cleveland.
07-07-2014 03:33 PM
Collegiate Black Man Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis State
Interesting. I say that Bosh goes to Houston. Kevin Love ends up in Miami with Lebron, and Melo plays with Kobe in LA. Phil Jackson tanks this year and works on getting Marc Gasol and a high draft pick with the knicks for 15-16.
07-07-2014 03:43 PM
Advertisement

Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(07-07-2014 03:43 PM)Collegiate Black Man Wrote:  Interesting. I say that Bosh goes to Houston. Kevin Love ends up in Miami with Lebron, and Melo plays with Kobe in LA. Phil Jackson tanks this year and works on getting Marc Gasol and a high draft pick with the knicks for 15-16.

Miami has no assets Minneasota would want and James would get such a big contract that Miami won't have cap room to sign Love outright.

Why would Love want to play the Bosh role?

Love has to want a real center to protect him.
07-07-2014 03:51 PM
fishman6581 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Tigers
McRoberts and Granger to Miami. I'm sorry but that doesn't sound appealing to me. Granger was on his way to superstar status before injury two years ago. Tough. McRoberts and James got into it earlier this year I believe.

LeBron
Shabazz
Norris Cole
Udonis
McRoberts
with potentially
Ray Allen
Wade
Bosh if he doesn't go to Houston.
07-07-2014 04:24 PM
mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

Pau Gasol might stay with the Lakers as well ...
07-07-2014 06:39 PM
spankadelphia Offline
Banned

Not looking good for the Heat.
07-07-2014 06:49 PM
downsouth Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tiger Football
(07-07-2014 06:39 PM)mempho_to_diego Wrote:  Pau Gasol might stay with the Lakers as well ...

True, but do you re-sign with a franchise that's been trying to move you for the past two or three years? The amount of money they put on the table should answer that question though.
07-07-2014 09:24 PM
Advertisement

BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(07-07-2014 06:49 PM)spankadelphia Wrote:  Not looking good for the Heat.

I'm thinking more and more that this is the end for them. The three got their rings and now its a ego thing in the sense that they want respect (I've heard former players say that respect in sports is actually getting paid what you're worth in the market). That's not saying that Lebron or Bosh doesn't want to win a championship but nothings guaranteed in winning it again but getting paid is worth a lot more
07-07-2014 11:32 PM
spankadelphia Offline
Banned

I think Lebron and Bosh are looking at the fact that this is the last long term contract either one of them will sign in the prime of their careers, and they both want the max. Lebron has never made max or even been the highest paid player on his own team. This is probably his last chance.

Wade is the real loser here. Dude opted out of 40+ million over 2 years.
07-08-2014 08:43 AM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(07-08-2014 08:43 AM)spankadelphia Wrote:  I think Lebron and Bosh are looking at the fact that this is the last long term contract either one of them will sign in the prime of their careers, and they both want the max. Lebron has never made max or even been the highest paid player on his own team. This is probably his last chance.

Wade is the real loser here. Dude opted out of 40+ million over 2 years.

That matters financially for Chris Bosh.

Lebron James, it's an ego thing. He's make much more than his NBA salary each year in endorsements.

James will probably be like Jordan, earning tens of millions annually after he retires.
07-08-2014 09:32 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
So much of everyone's future hinges on LeBron.

It's kind of unnerving to see Pat Riley sweat a little. He always seemed so cool, calm and above the masses.
07-08-2014 10:01 AM
450bench Offline

(07-07-2014 03:33 PM)Latilleon Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 03:20 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  the Heat signed those guys to entice the Big 3 to stay....

Dump Jeremy Lin like they did with Omer Asik.

If I'm Bosh, I'd take more money next two Dwight Howard than less money playing center.

He's got his two rings with Lebron all ready.

I wouldn't be shocked if James goes back to Cleveland.

Couldn't agree more.
07-08-2014 10:32 AM
Advertisement

Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(07-08-2014 10:01 AM)snowtiger Wrote:  So much of everyone's future hinges on LeBron.

It's kind of unnerving to see Pat Riley sweat a little. He always seemed so cool, calm and above the masses.

Lebron probably goes back, Bosh doesn't.

I think Anthony ends up realizing more money is more important than playing with Lebron, and goes somewhere that can play him the Knicks Max (Knicks or a team that can sign and trade).

So it might just be Lebron and Wade. And it'll be Cleveland era Lebron all over again.

When he could have just gone to Cleveland and be the leader of some young guns.

Especially since Cleveland has cap room to sign Lebron to the max and trade picks and Anthony Bennett or Tristan Thompson to Indiana for Roy Hibbert.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 10:42 AM by Latilleon.)
07-08-2014 10:39 AM
Collegiate Black Man Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis State
Bosh needs to "Think like a man" and start thinking about his own legacy, rather than play lackey to LeBron. Take the Houston offer and chase another ring for more money at his natural position (PF rather than C). He is not a max player, but if a team offers you max money, you'd be a fool to turn it down (i.e. Rudy Gay and the Grizz).

LeBron is doing shady business. He convinced Bosh and Wade to opt out of their contracts, like him, with the premise that they would take less money so that the team could get a better bench, which is what killed them in the Finals this year. After they opt out, he demands max money, even from the Heat (complaining that he has never been the highest paid player on his team), which means that Bosh and Wade would have to take even less money to stay. All the while, LeBron was in a better position to take less because of his off court deals and endorsements. Miami wanted Bosh to take 4 years at 10-12 million a year, while Houston is offering 22 million/year.

THIS IS A NO BRAINER FOR BOSH. Take the money and run man.
07-08-2014 11:07 AM
Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
People need to stop using the word legacy. Chris Bosh will never have a legacy. From my point of view, if LeBron has decided he'll only take the max then I'd do the same if I were Bosh. The point of them coming together was to all take a little less to build a team. These dudes shouldn't be lining up to give away millions of dollars to play with him.
07-08-2014 12:00 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(07-08-2014 12:00 PM)Rob Wrote:  People need to stop using the word legacy. Chris Bosh will never have a legacy. From my point of view, if LeBron has decided he'll only take the max then I'd do the same if I were Bosh. The point of them coming together was to all take a little less to build a team. These dudes shouldn't be lining up to give away millions of dollars to play with him.

Agree with that.
07-08-2014 12:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.