Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC on 247 Sports
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
AAC on 247 Sports
I see Temple, Cinci, UCF, USF, and Memphis have a presence there....are these sites good for your school?

I know the 247 site for ECU is a top one for ECU stuff. FWIW, I shoot for that site.
07-01-2014 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: AAC on 247 Sports
(07-01-2014 10:40 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  I see Temple, Cinci, UCF, USF, and Memphis have a presence there....are these sites good for your school?

I know the 247 site for ECU is a top one for ECU stuff. FWIW, I shoot for that site.

247's star ratings are more generous than many other sites, and they tend to list people who aren't really "targets" as targets... like 5 stars with token offers from like 90 different schools.

As far as fan population goes we don't have any on 247, but they are good when a kid is thinking about committing as their editors seem pretty in the know.

On a related topic, I'm thinking about trying to start a Tulsa MBB blog on sbnation, if I'm able to do it, I'm hoping to kind of run it like the "Miner Blog" from UTEP was run, giving team updates as well as conference updates.
07-01-2014 10:53 AM
St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
Our Rivals publisher at UCFSports.com is one of the best in the biz so Rivals will always trump 247 Sports for me. UCF has such a large online presence that both sites have tons of users. However, our Rivals open board (free board) had a record 1,489 users logged on at one point this past February and The Dungeon (paid board) had a record 1,259 a day later. Don't really remember what the news story was that day.

On any given time, there are about 400-500 members perusing all the UCF Rivals boards.
07-01-2014 02:09 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
I think it all depends on who the main guy is for each site. ECU's 247 editor is by far the best and most informed for us. They also do a lot of in-depth evaluating of players that Scout and Rivals don't do.
07-01-2014 02:12 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
(07-01-2014 02:12 PM)NBPirate Wrote:  I think it all depends on who the main guy is for each site. ECU's 247 editor is by far the best and most informed for us. They also do a lot of in-depth evaluating of players that Scout and Rivals don't do.

I think (not sure) that anything related to Tulsa recruiting or news on 247 is run by a regional editor that is familiar with HS recruiting in various surrounding areas.
07-01-2014 02:18 PM
Advertisement

St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
The big news was NSD on February 5th.
07-01-2014 02:30 PM
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
247 is the best thing Memphis Roar did. We get quality football and basketball coverage. We had a super thread that Memphis and Tennessee fans were going at each other because it was a community thread.
07-01-2014 02:32 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
The 247sports site for UC is the only pay site worth a damn. The Cincinnati forum here and at BearcatsNews.com are the other 2 sites with significant traffic for UC fans.
07-01-2014 02:33 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
Our 247 site is a complete embarrassment. One of the writers is in high school and the editor has zero inside sources. The articles are truly atrocious and are rife with spelling errors. Pretty much every interview contains information on how long the recruit has lived in that particular state and how many siblings they have, which no one cares about. The best one was on the day a basketball recruit was announcing between Temple, Iowa, and BC, the high school kid jumped the gun and tweeted he was committing to Temple. Recruit ended up committing to Iowa live on TV minutes later. Our Rivals site is by far our best site.
07-01-2014 08:34 PM
Advertisement

megadrone Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(07-01-2014 08:34 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  Our 247 site is a complete embarrassment. One of the writers is in high school and the editor has zero inside sources. The articles are truly atrocious and are rife with spelling errors. Pretty much every interview contains information on how long the recruit has lived in that particular state and how many siblings they have, which no one cares about. The best one was on the day a basketball recruit was announcing between Temple, Iowa, and BC, the high school kid jumped the gun and tweeted he was committing to Temple. Recruit ended up committing to Iowa live on TV minutes later. Our Rivals site is by far our best site.

I loved the Temple rivals board -- I wish it hadn't gone to completely subscription. I always loved it when NJSchmitty (or any of his other personas) would post.

Does he still have the owlscoop hall of fame? That was a riot.
07-02-2014 10:00 AM
SouthPhillyFall Offline
2nd String

(07-01-2014 08:34 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  Our 247 site is a complete embarrassment. One of the writers is in high school and the editor has zero inside sources. The articles are truly atrocious and are rife with spelling errors. Pretty much every interview contains information on how long the recruit has lived in that particular state and how many siblings they have, which no one cares about. The best one was on the day a basketball recruit was announcing between Temple, Iowa, and BC, the high school kid jumped the gun and tweeted he was committing to Temple. Recruit ended up committing to Iowa live on TV minutes later. Our Rivals site is by far our best site.

Matt Vender is in HS?
07-02-2014 11:14 AM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-02-2014 10:00 AM)megadrone Wrote:  I loved the Temple rivals board -- I wish it hadn't gone to completely subscription. I always loved it when NJSchmitty (or any of his other personas) would post.

Does he still have the owlscoop hall of fame? That was a riot.

Schmitty unfortunately passed in late May.

(07-02-2014 11:14 AM)SouthPhillyFall Wrote:  Matt Vender is in HS?

I believe he is still in HS.
07-02-2014 11:50 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(07-01-2014 10:53 AM)invisiblehand Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 10:40 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  I see Temple, Cinci, UCF, USF, and Memphis have a presence there....are these sites good for your school?

247's star ratings are more generous than many other sites, and they tend to list people who aren't really "targets" as targets... like 5 stars with token offers from like 90 different schools.

As far as fan population goes we don't have any on 247, but they are good when a kid is thinking about committing as their editors seem pretty in the know.

On a related topic, I'm thinking about trying to start a Tulsa MBB blog on sbnation, if I'm able to do it, I'm hoping to kind of run it like the "Miner Blog" from UTEP was run, giving team updates as well as conference updates.

From what I hear around the way, 247 is actually digging a little better on recruits as opposed to the lines of ESPN/Rivals where basically starts accrue because P5 schools are looking at them versus how good they actually are so to speak. I cannot attest to the truth of that but it is plausible.
07-02-2014 06:34 PM
Advertisement

Knightbengal Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
AAC on 247 Sports
Our 247 board is a year old. Ryan bass who runs it is keyed in on the recruiting and usually breaks stuff faster than Brandon his rivals counterpart. However Brandon has been around the program a long time and lives locally so he has more contacts within the program. The 247 site is also trying to break into a market that was well established. I like it especially for the recruiting

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
07-02-2014 07:16 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Cincinnati 247 is the best pay site for UC fans...it's a GREAT location for UC news, the forums are decent and it's worth the money.

the other really good UC site (non pay) is bearcatsnation.com
07-06-2014 07:43 AM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
memphis roar is pretty good. at least good enough that i dont feel ripped off. not a lot of forum posting but the news info is solid enough.
07-06-2014 08:03 AM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
AAC on 247 Sports
(07-02-2014 06:34 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 10:53 AM)invisiblehand Wrote:  

From what I hear around the way, 247 is actually digging a little better on recruits as opposed to the lines of ESPN/Rivals where basically starts accrue because P5 schools are looking at them versus how good they actually are so to speak. I cannot attest to the truth of that but it is plausible.

Yep. The guys that started Rivals sold it and started 247.
07-06-2014 11:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.