Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MILITIA AND PATRIOTS FORM ‘HUMAN CHAIN’ AT BORDER TO STOP ILLEGALS!
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
MILITIA AND PATRIOTS FORM ‘HUMAN CHAIN’ AT BORDER TO STOP ILLEGALS!
Who will be the first to play the race card?

Quote:[Image: minutemen-arizona-FNL.jpg]
Militia members and other concerned U.S. citizens are converging on the border town of Laredo, Texas to create a blockade against illegal immigrants crossing into the United States, the organizer of the human chain and protest said on Newsmax TV‘s “MidPoint.”

“This will continue for days and weeks to come” and spread “to other points” along the U.S.-Mexico frontier, Barbie Rogers, founder of the Patriots Information Hotline, said in a telephone interview.

Rogers declined to give an exact head count beyond “more than 50 people” or reveal whether participants are armed, citing worries about their security.

But she said blockaders will follow the same rules of engagement as protesters in an April standoff between federal officials and Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy.

“Just like at the Bundy ranch, there will be no patriot out there on that line that will fire first,” Rogers said.

Her website on Wednesday posted a “call to ACTION for all Militia, III%ers, Oathkeepers, and Patriotic support personnel.”

“We are trying to contact every person and every patriot in the United States to go down and help do something the government should have done a long time ago,” Rogers said.

As for whether blockaders are carrying firearms, she said, “The situation these men are walking into — they have a very good possibility of being shot by the drug cartels down there, the gang members down there, and also by our own government down there.”

A surge of migrants from Central America, many of them unaccompanied children, has caught border officials off guard and left federal and state authorities in Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico scrambling to respond.

Rogers said her organization is stepping into the fray with a message: “We’re trying to say that we the people are fed up.”

“The government promised us a wall down there years ago,” Rogers said. “The money … was supposedly given to put this wall up, and it’s not there. Where is it at? Where’s the money at? The government needs to start having accountability to the people.”

Two political analysts appearing on “MidPoint” criticized the blockade as ineffectual and potentially dangerous.

“There really is nobody who I believe rationally … could think that about 50 or so people could really stop the influx of immigration via just a simple human chain,” said liberal commentator Justin Duckham, senior Washington correspondent for Talk Radio News Service.

“Plus, you also have a situation where, if there are any bad actors and somebody gets hurt, this is going to end up to be a disaster,” he said.

“It’s not a good idea,” said conservative commentator and political strategist Erica Holloway, “and probably not as wise as making sure the people that are supposed to be doing their jobs [in immigration enforcement] are doing their jobs.”

Link
06-29-2014 04:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
RE: MILITIA AND PATRIOTS FORM ‘HUMAN CHAIN’ AT BORDER TO STOP ILLEGALS!
To be honest, it is a little silly. The idea behind it is good - to stop the flow of illegals - but the execution seems a little strange and unlikely to have any real effect. Honestly, illegals would only have to walk down the river a little ways to a less populated and "human chained" area and have no challenge or even knowledge of these folks.
06-29-2014 05:37 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
Love it, love it love it.

It's about time. And if the feds try to shut it down, I hope they open fire on those traitors.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2014 05:59 PM by oklalittledixie.)
06-29-2014 05:58 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
The justice department will be labeling them a terrorist group forthwith.
06-29-2014 07:48 PM
TStatebobcat Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TxSt
They will probably get heat stroke before they see a single illegal.
06-29-2014 07:55 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(06-29-2014 05:37 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  To be honest, it is a little silly. The idea behind it is good - to stop the flow of illegals - but the execution seems a little strange and unlikely to have any real effect. Honestly, illegals would only have to walk down the river a little ways to a less populated and "human chained" area and have no challenge or even knowledge of these folks.

It's called symbolism.
06-29-2014 08:06 PM
Advertisement

pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
(06-29-2014 07:55 PM)TStatebobcat Wrote:  They will probably get heat stroke before they see a single illegal.

Where I visit in AZ, I always see either (1) several recent illegal arrivals AND/OR (2) border patrol running after an illegal(s). So, they'll probably see them.

Unfortunately, they'll just walk down a bit further into the arms of Border Patrol and then be flown to their illegal relatives in another part of the country. Not to worry...they'll be given a 30 day notice to appear in court and being that they RESPECT the laws of our country, they'll appear!!!
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2014 08:08 PM by pharaoh0.)
06-29-2014 08:07 PM
tigerjaws Offline
1st String

I Root For: tigers
One thing is for certain....Our King wants to flood us with illegals
06-29-2014 08:10 PM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
The only real way to stop illegal immigration. Is to fine employers of them 100k for hiring them. And an additional 5k per employee. If the employer can't pay the fine. We confiscate all property owned by employer and throw their ass in jail for 2-5 years.
06-29-2014 08:30 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(06-29-2014 08:06 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  
(06-29-2014 05:37 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  To be honest, it is a little silly. The idea behind it is good - to stop the flow of illegals - but the execution seems a little strange and unlikely to have any real effect. Honestly, illegals would only have to walk down the river a little ways to a less populated and "human chained" area and have no challenge or even knowledge of these folks.

It's called symbolism.

Well, yes, I got that part. Haha. I think I feel neutral about it but it is a good thing to see people getting involved.
06-29-2014 08:33 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(06-29-2014 08:30 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  The only real way to stop illegal immigration. Is to fine employers of them 100k for hiring them. And an additional 5k per employee. If the employer can't pay the fine. We confiscate all property owned by employer and throw their ass in jail for 2-5 years.

So how does the employer know whether he is or isn't hiring one?
06-29-2014 08:35 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(06-29-2014 08:35 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(06-29-2014 08:30 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  The only real way to stop illegal immigration. Is to fine employers of them 100k for hiring them. And an additional 5k per employee. If the employer can't pay the fine. We confiscate all property owned by employer and throw their ass in jail for 2-5 years.

http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify
06-29-2014 08:37 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(06-29-2014 08:37 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Which works, what, about 50% of the time?

If you're going to put the enforcement burden on employers, you'd better support them with accurate information.
06-29-2014 08:43 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(06-29-2014 08:43 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(06-29-2014 08:37 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Which works, what, about 50% of the time?

If you're going to put the enforcement burden on employers, you'd better support them with accurate information.

On July 18, 2013, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) released a new EVerify
program evaluation from its external evaluator, Westat. The new report contains two
measures of E-Verify’s accuracy: a new measure called the final non-confirmation (FNC)
accuracy rate and an existing measure called the erroneous tentative non-confirmation rate
(TNC).
To check an employee’s work-authorization status, E-Verify compares data from form I-9 to
Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
databases. Employers electronically submit the employee’s Social Security Number (SSN),
name, date of birth, citizenship or immigration status, and if applicable, alien number (Anumber)
or I-94 number. Workers who initially appear unauthorized receive a TNC, which
they may appeal. If the appeal is rejected, or no appeal is filed, the worker receives an FNC.
In FY2012, nearly 99 percent of those checked through the system were immediately
confirmed.
FNC accuracy. E-Verify issued a FNC to 2.3 percent of workers in FY2009. Westat
estimated that, in FY2009, 93.7 percent of the workers who received an FNC through EVerify
were, in fact, not authorized to work (Figure 1). The remaining 6.3 percent of FNC
recipients were work-authorized. This means that, overall, about 0.15 percent of FY2009
cases involved authorized workers who wrongly received an FNC.

http://bipartisanpolicy.org/sites/defaul...curacy.pdf
06-29-2014 08:46 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
So a federal agency hires a Beltway consulting firm to issue a whitewash report and that's somehow conclusive?

Sorry, but I'm a lot more skeptical than to accept something like this as gospel. The people I talk with who are actually doing the hiring tell a very different story. Just color me skeptical.

Of course, if I'm an employer, and not in a retail/service industry where I have to locate close to my customers, I have an easy answer. Don't hire anybody. Move overseas.
06-29-2014 08:57 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(06-29-2014 08:57 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  So a federal agency hires a Beltway consulting firm to issue a whitewash report and that's somehow conclusive?

Sorry, but I'm a lot more skeptical than to accept something like this as gospel. The people I talk with who are actually doing the hiring tell a very different story. Just color me skeptical.

Of course, if I'm an employer, and not in a retail/service industry where I have to locate close to my customers, I have an easy answer. Don't hire anybody. Move overseas.

If e-verify really didn't work liberals would be going bonkers because legal aliens wouldn't be getting hired. Since they aren't going bonkers that tells me there's some truth to these numbers.
06-29-2014 09:05 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(06-29-2014 09:05 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  If e-verify really didn't work liberals would be going bonkers because legal aliens wouldn't be getting hired. Since they aren't going bonkers that tells me there's some truth to these numbers.

No, as long as there are no severe consequences for employers, there are no reasons not to hire anyone, legal or not. You put some consequences into play, and then what will happen is that legal aliens will stop getting hired. That will be the huge problem, what will happen to legal aliens.

I say put them all on guest worker visas, get them identified and into the system and you can monitor them. No path to citizenship, but you can stay here and work as long as you want to.
06-29-2014 09:10 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(06-29-2014 09:10 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(06-29-2014 09:05 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  If e-verify really didn't work liberals would be going bonkers because legal aliens wouldn't be getting hired. Since they aren't going bonkers that tells me there's some truth to these numbers.

No, as long as there are no severe consequences for employers, there are no reasons not to hire anyone, legal or not. You put some consequences into play, and then what will happen is that legal aliens will stop getting hired. That will be the huge problem, what will happen to legal aliens.

I say put them all on guest worker visas, get them identified and into the system and you can monitor them. No path to citizenship, but you can stay here and work as long as you want to.

I think you're close to an acceptable solution....not at tough as I'd want it to be (anyone with an arrest record or commits a crime in the future gets deported - no ifs, ands or buts) but close.
06-29-2014 09:15 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(06-29-2014 09:15 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(06-29-2014 09:10 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

I think you're close to an acceptable solution....not at tough as I'd want it to be (anyone with an arrest record or commits a crime in the future gets deported - no ifs, ands or buts) but close.

No, we agree on that. I didn't detail everything, obviously, in my comments. One reason why I favor this is that getting them all into the system will make it a heck of a lot easier to track things like arrests and convictions.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2014 09:20 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
06-29-2014 09:19 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
We can't make the employers the deputies in this. We have thousands of employees and billions upon billions of dollars being spent on the vasrious alphabt agencies. How about telling them, then allowing them to actually DO their jobs?

We're gonna start fining small business owners out of business if they miss something, then lock them up beyond that and we have border agents washing diapers and running around finding underwear...

What's wrong with this picture? Were does the responsibility clearly lie?
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2014 12:26 AM by JMUDunk.)
06-30-2014 12:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.