Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NBA Summer Leagues Rosters
Bookmark and Share
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
A few CAA alum on the rosters for Vegas and Orlando:

Bennimon for the Heat (Orlando) and Nuggets (Vegas)
Usher for Golden State (Vegas)
Hancock for Rockets (Vegas)

http://hoopshype.com/summer_leagues.htm
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2014 12:35 PM by NJDuke97.)
06-29-2014 12:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

Denzel Bowles Bennimon and Will Thomas are all on Denver's Las Vegas summer league team. Their first game is tonight.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
07-12-2014 08:55 AM
JMUETC Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
RE: NBA Summer Leagues Rosters
Bowles getting playing time but no touches. He still shows a lack of urgency when he plays.
07-12-2014 06:20 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

Yeah a step slow but by the end of the game he was giving a solid effort- those games are tough because there is even more one on one and hoisting 3s than in the regular season. I guess its a good sign that he got as much run as he did. Bennimon didn't get in and while it was hard to tell on TV it looks like he no longer chews gum during game action like he did when he was the big man on campus in the CAA. Bazemore was signed by Atlanta for 2 years $4M today - nice story.
07-12-2014 08:01 PM
Advertisement

NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

Hagens, Saddler and Usher are on teams as well but only Hagens has been getting minutes- he's active but doesn't have any offensive game. I think out of all of the CAA alum Bowles continues to have the best shot- he has legitimate NBA big size (he hunches over a little if he didn't he probably be even a little taller on the court) and a nice touch/offensive game just not as explosive as they would want.
07-13-2014 07:03 AM
JMUPride Offline
1st String

Bowles as starting Center - 10 points, 4 boards, 2 steals, and an assist in 26 minutes in denvers first game
07-13-2014 04:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMUPride Offline
1st String

Bowles and the Nuggets play McDermott and the Bulls on TV right now... NBATV

a few high pick and rolls Bowles got stuck on that led to threes by Doug McDermott... Denzel looking a bit lazy on defense
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2014 07:20 PM by JMUPride.)
07-13-2014 07:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

Is Bowles starting again? That would be a good sign.

07-13-2014 07:19 PM
JMUPride Offline
1st String

yep... started and played most of the 1st quarter

good news is the only nuggets players playing more minutes than Bowles is two guys that saw playing time for the nuggets last year, and their first round pick this year. Bowles has been matched up with Lance Thomas (duke) and Bairstow (rookie-new mexico/australia) most of the game.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2014 07:58 PM by JMUPride.)
07-13-2014 07:27 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

Gary Harris looks like a player so does Quinn miller. Nuggets could be a real good team this year.

07-13-2014 07:55 PM
Advertisement

JMUPride Offline
1st String

NBATV announcers just talked about bowles for a bit after he made an and-1... mentioned JMU and where he's played internationally. Pretty cool!

ugh, just wish he had a higher motor... just like JMU days... he has the (dis)ability to disappear at times. If he worked a little harder on the court, I think he could be a backend bench player in the NBA, with his size and offensive ability. He's the only legit big man on the nuggets summer roster
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2014 08:25 PM by JMUPride.)
07-13-2014 08:12 PM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
(07-13-2014 08:12 PM)JMUPride Wrote:  NBATV announcers just talked about bowles for a bit after he made an and-1... mentioned JMU and where he's played internationally. Pretty cool!

ugh, just wish he had a higher motor... just like JMU days... he has the (dis)ability to disappear at times. If he worked a little harder on the court, I think he could be a backend bench player in the NBA, with his size and offensive ability. He's the only legit big man on the nuggets summer roster

Had he had a higher motor he never would have been at JMU. A guy with that size/offensive skill set could've started at 340 D1 schools. Sorry, those are the facts...Denzel is who he is. I like Bowles and think he's a cool guy, but he would've never even thought of JMU if he had any sort of killer instinct.
07-13-2014 10:33 PM
JMUPride Offline
1st String

started but only played 4 minutes lastnight, scoring 4 points.... not sure if he got hurt or what
07-16-2014 02:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.