Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How about a replay of the September 21, 2002 Ohio State game
Bookmark and Share
kyucat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
How about a replay of the September 21, 2002 Ohio State game
Any one else like to see a reply of the Ohio State @ UC game played at PBS in 2002. I know UC lost the game 23 to 19 but it was a great game and UC came very close to winning the game. I looked on Youtube and it's not available. Maybe FOX Sports can replay it. Anyone else like to see the game again?

06-25-2014 07:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
RE: How about a replay of the September 21, 2002 Ohio State game
(06-25-2014 07:13 PM)kyucat Wrote:  Any one else like to see a reply of the Ohio State @ UC game played at PBS in 2002. I know UC lost the game 23 to 19 but it was a great game and UC came very close to winning the game. I looked on Youtube and it's not available. Maybe FOX Sports can replay it. Anyone else like to see the game again?

Nope. Too painful because in my opinion they should have won that game. Wasn't it 1st and goal at the end of the game and UC was able to run four plays before time expired but could not convert a TD? Gino was the QB I believe.

06-25-2014 07:45 PM
kyucat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(06-25-2014 07:45 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  
(06-25-2014 07:13 PM)kyucat Wrote:  Any one else like to see a reply of the Ohio State @ UC game played at PBS in 2002. I know UC lost the game 23 to 19 but it was a great game and UC came very close to winning the game. I looked on Youtube and it's not available. Maybe FOX Sports can replay it. Anyone else like to see the game again?

Nope. Too painful because in my opinion they should have won that game. Wasn't it 1st and goal at the end of the game and UC was able to run four plays before time expired but could not convert a TD? Gino was the QB I believe.

There were two dropped passes in the end zone one bt John Orlinder not sure about the other

06-25-2014 08:29 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(06-25-2014 08:29 PM)kyucat Wrote:  
(06-25-2014 07:45 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

There were two dropped passes in the end zone one bt John Orlinder not sure about the other

George murray. never had first and goal technically but got it very close.

Just a brutal end.

06-25-2014 08:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

Heck no, I hope those tapes are burned. Making it even worse is our dropped passes allowed the evil empire to win their only title since the 60s.

06-25-2014 09:18 PM
mac6115cd Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
Totally agere - watching a loss doesn't make anything better. The only lesson learned would be to attack the O$U secondary. In 2002, UC had over 400 yards of offense on 52 passes.

With Keil behind center, I expect CTT to try to win in the air - and with our qroup of receivers, I don't see dropped passes stopping us.

My biggest concern is our D-line play. We have to contain Braxton Miller. We need to make him try to win on his arm - stop him from running and we stop O$U.

06-26-2014 06:29 AM
Advertisement

FLIP Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I have that game on VHS, and yes it hurt to lose that game. They know they got lucky - the Murray catch was right in front of us, we thought they won the game as the whole section where we sat went nuts. Key play in that game was the Gino sack and fumble - OSU scored off that turnover and gave them the mojo. Woulda, coulda, shoulda......

Force Miller to throw, UC has a real good chance to beat them - as long as the staff doesn't pull a Dantonio. I can never forgive Dantonio for taking Gino and crew to Columbus for the return game and neutering the offense for that game.

06-26-2014 07:18 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(06-26-2014 07:18 AM)FLIP Wrote:  I have that game on VHS, and yes it hurt to lose that game. They know they got lucky - the Murray catch was right in front of us, we thought they won the game as the whole section where we sat went nuts. Key play in that game was the Gino sack and fumble - OSU scored off that turnover and gave them the mojo. Woulda, coulda, shoulda......

Force Miller to throw, UC has a real good chance to beat them - as long as the staff doesn't pull a Dantonio. I can never forgive Dantonio for taking Gino and crew to Columbus for the return game and neutering the offense for that game.

Yep that was awful. By the end of the year we were air mailing it. I think we put up 52 @ S Miss, who was good.

06-26-2014 07:25 AM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
It was 1st and 10 from the 15 yard line. Plenty of time on the clock. They could have gone for a first down and still had time. Four straight passes into the end zone, although the 4th pass was batted down at the line. The George Murray drop was flat out inexcusable. If UC wins that game then OSU doesn't play in the national title game and doesn't have a title since the 60's.

Also of note, UC's barefooted placekicker won the Lou Groza award the previous year and missed a FG (albeit a fairly long one of 52 yards I believe) and an extra point in this game. If he makes the FG earlier in the game UC kicks a chipshot at the end to win it. Even if he just makes the extra point then UC kicks the FG to tie the game up at the end and goes into OT.

06-26-2014 07:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(06-26-2014 07:25 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(06-26-2014 07:18 AM)FLIP Wrote:  I have that game on VHS, and yes it hurt to lose that game. They know they got lucky - the Murray catch was right in front of us, we thought they won the game as the whole section where we sat went nuts. Key play in that game was the Gino sack and fumble - OSU scored off that turnover and gave them the mojo. Woulda, coulda, shoulda......

Yep that was awful. By the end of the year we were air mailing it. I think we put up 52 @ S Miss, who was good.

I think the most surprising part of your post is the fact that Southern Miss was good...

06-26-2014 07:44 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(06-26-2014 07:44 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(06-26-2014 07:25 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

I think the most surprising part of your post is the fact that Southern Miss was good...

Southern Miss actually used to have a very respectable football program. 8-9 win seasons and a trip to the Liberty Bowl were the norm in Hattiesburg. They use to be a major thorn in the sides of SEC programs every year. Even today their alltime record is still 567-396-27. The wheels have just fallen off the bus down there for a variety of reasons and I don't know if they will ever be able to return to their former selves given today's landscape.

06-26-2014 08:11 AM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

Dantonio did a lot of good while he was here.. his tenure started the rise in the program and it was his recruits that were winning 10+ games a year under BK.

That being said based on his play calling I don't think he believed his team belonged on the same field as Ohio State. I also think he had mixed bag of emotions given he formerly coached there (some of the players he recruited were still there) and his relationship with Tressel and Co.

Dantonio has improved by leaps and bounds as an in-game tactition over the last few years while at Michigan State. I also think he has gotten over any allegiances he formerly held at Ohio State (I think Tressell being gone has helped this).

06-26-2014 08:21 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

Speaking of UC-OSU; I love Dr. Ono's photobomb of a bunch of Ohio State educators while on a retreat this week (Fwiw, they bombed him as well)

[Image: BrDjgc2CMAA2ixj.jpg:large]

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 08:28 AM by CliftonAve.)
06-26-2014 08:27 AM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Love it. Sent it to my OSU grad brothers.

06-26-2014 10:50 AM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
(06-26-2014 08:21 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Dantonio did a lot of good while he was here.. his tenure started the rise in the program and it was his recruits that were winning 10+ games a year under BK.

That being said based on his play calling I don't think he believed his team belonged on the same field as Ohio State. I also think he had mixed bag of emotions given he formerly coached there (some of the players he recruited were still there) and his relationship with Tressel and Co.

Dantonio has improved by leaps and bounds as an in-game tactition over the last few years while at Michigan State. I also think he has gotten over any allegiances he formerly held at Ohio State (I think Tressell being gone has helped this).

Yeah, that was Dantonio's first game as UC's head coach. His pandering and deference to Tressel before that game was simply nauseating. He did everything short of dropping to his knees and fellating him on the fifty yard line.

06-26-2014 11:19 AM
dossbig Offline
1st String

I Root For: CINCINNATI
Why relive such a horrible ending. Leaving the game the to$u fans were as obnoxious as always.

The KState loss reminded me why DB's should always remember on a last minute play interfere if you must since its only 15 yards in college. Those 2 were the worst.

06-26-2014 01:39 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(06-26-2014 07:43 AM)nachoman91 Wrote:  It was 1st and 10 from the 15 yard line. Plenty of time on the clock. They could have gone for a first down and still had time. Four straight passes into the end zone, although the 4th pass was batted down at the line. The George Murray drop was flat out inexcusable. If UC wins that game then OSU doesn't play in the national title game and doesn't have a title since the 60's.

Also of note, UC's barefooted placekicker won the Lou Groza award the previous year and missed a FG (albeit a fairly long one of 52 yards I believe) and an extra point in this game. If he makes the FG earlier in the game UC kicks a chipshot at the end to win it. Even if he just makes the extra point then UC kicks the FG to tie the game up at the end and goes into OT.

Ruffin kicked in a dress shoe, not barefoot.

06-26-2014 01:49 PM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(06-26-2014 01:49 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(06-26-2014 07:43 AM)nachoman91 Wrote:  It was 1st and 10 from the 15 yard line. Plenty of time on the clock. They could have gone for a first down and still had time. Four straight passes into the end zone, although the 4th pass was batted down at the line. The George Murray drop was flat out inexcusable. If UC wins that game then OSU doesn't play in the national title game and doesn't have a title since the 60's.

I wouldn't call it a shoe. It was more like a sock.

Also of note, he now runs a fishing charter business.
http://ruffsfishingcharters.com/

06-26-2014 02:26 PM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
(06-26-2014 02:26 PM)nachoman91 Wrote:  
(06-26-2014 01:49 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

I wouldn't call it a shoe. It was more like a sock.

Also of note, he now runs a fishing charter business.
http://ruffsfishingcharters.com/

It kinda reminded me of a black ballet slipper with laces.

Rich Karlis did kick barefoot, though.

06-26-2014 03:15 PM
DMT Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
Feeling masochistic are we? I'd love to see them get their smug faces beat in at their place. My concern is still the offense going into this season. Namely, Gran. I don't want to see scat backs run between the tackles ever again.

06-26-2014 05:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.