Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ark State AD Full of Crap
Bookmark and Share
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Ark State AD Full of Crap
Listen to this clown. He takes shots at all the teams that left the Sun Belt.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-693177.html
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014 08:45 AM by MT FAN.)
06-24-2014 08:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: Ark State AD Full of Crap
(06-24-2014 08:43 AM)MT FAN Wrote:  Listen to this clown. He takes shots at all the teams that left the Sun Belt.

sounds like a sore whiney loser to me.
06-24-2014 08:57 AM
TOPPERSonTOP Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU TOPS
Sounds like a wounded fan trying to rationalize his losses. They got 2 good schools in app and gaso, but they are only good in football. How that translates to FBS is yet to be seen. App's brand rests solely on beating michigan years back. That gets farther and farther away every year. MTSU might not have the biggest brand, but they are the more well rounded program. He cannot deny that the the best basketball school, 3 of the best football schools, 3 of the best Olympic sports schools, and a lot of winning baseball just walked out on him. I imagine that is tough to swallow.
06-24-2014 09:01 AM
philo13181 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
[Image: fee_bitters_set.jpg]
06-24-2014 09:06 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Wouldn't you be mad too if Liberty and Lamar were actual options as the 12th member for your conference?
06-24-2014 09:09 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Happy to get away from Ark. St. fans, most of them sound just as delusional as their AD does....Surprised he didn't say what the other Ark. St. fans said last season that we did not really win the game last year on the football field and they will always have a extra win since they were robbed at WKU, haha....Conveient they did not get an invite and now when its not coming they turn into this....They would have been in CUSA in a second if they were invited when WKU was...And because of his comments I hope they are happy in the Sun Belt because they will be in the SB for a long time after his comments...

Yea Georgia Southern is equal to WKU!!! LMAO....These statements is what is wrong with the Sun Belt and glad we got out.....FOOTBALL is not they only sport, BASKETBALL is a sport you can do very well in and represent and make money for your conf...If he is this mad in June a year after it happened, wonder what he really thought when all this went down a few years ago...
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014 09:23 AM by WKUFan518.)
06-24-2014 09:21 AM
Advertisement

MUsince96 Online
All American

I Root For: Marshall
[Image: freeman-he-mad.jpg]
06-24-2014 09:56 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
"MTSU left because they thought the revenue would be better". Well it's already better than the Suck Belt ever was, and the competition is immensely better. Match up someone like UTSA or La Tech against any one of the Suck Belt schools left and you've got an easy contrast and easy choice to who's better (and it's not the SBC teams).
06-24-2014 09:59 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(06-24-2014 09:21 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Happy to get away from Ark. St. fans, most of them sound just as delusional as their AD does....Surprised he didn't say what the other Ark. St. fans said last season that we did not really win the game last year on the football field and they will always have a extra win since they were robbed at WKU, haha....Conveient they did not get an invite and now when its not coming they turn into this....They would have been in CUSA in a second if they were invited when WKU was...And because of his comments I hope they are happy in the Sun Belt because they will be in the SB for a long time after his comments...

Yea Georgia Southern is equal to WKU!!! LMAO....These statements is what is wrong with the Sun Belt and glad we got out.....FOOTBALL is not they only sport, BASKETBALL is a sport you can do very well in and represent and make money for your conf...If he is this mad in June a year after it happened, wonder what he really thought when all this went down a few years ago...

Everything I have heard from talking to people within our Athletic Department is that there was never mutual interest between the two parties. Our primary interest in the league was at a time when Memphis was still a member. Once they left, my understanding is that we began to focus on growing our own budget and program.

This is not the first time he has taken pot shots at CUSA. If anyone listened to the actual interview, he spent a good half of that hour long segment constantly listing Houston, UCF, SMU, and Memphis as comparisons of where he plans for our program to be.
06-24-2014 10:50 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(06-24-2014 09:59 AM)Ole Blue Wrote:  "MTSU left because they thought the revenue would be better". Well it's already better than the Suck Belt ever was, and the competition is immensely better. Match up someone like UTSA or La Tech against any one of the Suck Belt schools left and you've got an easy contrast and easy choice to who's better (and it's not the SBC teams).

so, I'm guessing you're not giving us a chance of beating Miami to start our home and home in a couple months?
06-24-2014 10:52 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
HMMM.... Butthurt much Mr. Delusional AD???
06-24-2014 10:52 AM
Advertisement

wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
The same guy saying that CUSA took teams only because of markets wants his school to be compared to UCF, Memphis, Houston, and SMU.

What do all of those schools have in common?
06-24-2014 11:03 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(06-24-2014 08:43 AM)MT FAN Wrote:  Listen to this clown. He takes shots at all the teams that left the Sun Belt.

They must think MT is a good program, because they just hired about 8 former Blue Raiders on their coaching staffs.
06-24-2014 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(06-24-2014 09:01 AM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  Sounds like a wounded fan trying to rationalize his losses. They got 2 good schools in app and gaso, but they are only good in football. How that translates to FBS is yet to be seen. App's brand rests solely on beating michigan years back. That gets farther and farther away every year. MTSU might not have the biggest brand, but they are the more well rounded program. He cannot deny that the the best basketball school, 3 of the best football schools, 3 of the best Olympic sports schools, and a lot of winning baseball just walked out on him. I imagine that is tough to swallow.

Appy State is certainly more of a "brand" than Arkie State.
06-24-2014 11:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiefsfan Offline

(06-24-2014 11:03 AM)wh49er Wrote:  The same guy saying that CUSA took teams only because of markets wants his school to be compared to UCF, Memphis, Houston, and SMU.

That none of them are in CUSA?
06-24-2014 11:15 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(06-24-2014 11:09 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Appy State is certainly more of a "brand" than Arkie State.

No they aren't...You could ask 100 casual fans and 70-80% wouldn't know where either are located.

(06-24-2014 11:03 AM)wh49er Wrote:  The same guy saying that CUSA took teams only because of markets wants his school to be compared to UCF, Memphis, Houston, and SMU.

They actually want to be like Memphis and SMU, WoW...

Since 2008 -

SMU - 36-41
Memphis - 17-55

SMU pays a coach 2 million dollars to be 5 games under .500 and Memphis for the most part could care less about the sport of football and most Memphis fans wouldn't care if they cut the sport and moved their sports to the BE.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014 11:29 AM by HerdZoned.)
06-24-2014 11:20 AM
Advertisement

FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
I just hope we start pulling our weight in football sooner rather than later. Hoops has been better than expected the last two years and baseball is always strong (is there anything else?).

A pissing contest with a former conference member's AD is not constructive for anyone.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014 11:20 AM by FIUFan.)
06-24-2014 11:20 AM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(06-24-2014 11:09 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Appy State is certainly more of a "brand" than Arkie State.

If true, that only helps the conference.
06-24-2014 12:09 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(06-24-2014 10:50 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(06-24-2014 09:21 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Happy to get away from Ark. St. fans, most of them sound just as delusional as their AD does....Surprised he didn't say what the other Ark. St. fans said last season that we did not really win the game last year on the football field and they will always have a extra win since they were robbed at WKU, haha....Conveient they did not get an invite and now when its not coming they turn into this....They would have been in CUSA in a second if they were invited when WKU was...And because of his comments I hope they are happy in the Sun Belt because they will be in the SB for a long time after his comments...

Everything I have heard from talking to people within our Athletic Department is that there was never mutual interest between the two parties. Our primary interest in the league was at a time when Memphis was still a member. Once they left, my understanding is that we began to focus on growing our own budget and program.

This is not the first time he has taken pot shots at CUSA. If anyone listened to the actual interview, he spent a good half of that hour long segment constantly listing Houston, UCF, SMU, and Memphis as comparisons of where he plans for our program to be.

Nice and all, but Jonesboro Arkansas is at a disadvantage when compared to Houston, Orlando, Dallas and Memphis? Doubt Ark st. will ever grow a budget like those schools especially in a Sun Belt conf. that is looking for a 12th member and references of EKU thrown in....I guess your AD is waiting for Big 12 membership...If you read the Sun Belt board we do all know that Ark. St. is the voice of the conf. since they have had 3 great seasons in football for the first time in their schools history...
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014 12:26 PM by WKUFan518.)
06-24-2014 12:26 PM
theboro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
So a school with an athletic budget around $17M is looking at schools with budgets in the $45M range as peers? Cool story, bro.

Here are a couple of painful facts for ASU and UL fans.

1. If C-USA ever offered membership, Banowsky wouldn't be able to finish the sentence before they accepted.

2. If C-USA ever expands again with Sun Belt schools, it won't be with UL or ASU.

Was the SBC better than CUSA last year? To me the top of CUSA was better and the bottom of the SBC was better. The SBC was just average across the board and had a bunch of 6-6 teams.

However, going forward, $ and facilities win out and those are superior in CUSA.
06-24-2014 12:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.