Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EMU - Installing Gray Turf
Bookmark and Share
UT1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
EMU - Installing Gray Turf
Eastern Michigan’s football field will look very different this fall. The Eagles plan to install gray turf at Rynearson Stadium, the school announced on Thursday. The new FieldTurf Revolution surface will be predominantly gray with green and white trim. It will be installed by Aug. 30, when the Eagles open their season at home against Morgan State.

According to Eastern Michigan, the same FieldTurf Revolution surface is currently being used in the NFL by the New England Patriots and the Seattle Seahawks, as well as by Notre Dame. In a statement, Eagles coach Chris Creighton said the plans for the field show the school’s commitment to the program.

“Installing new top of the line FieldTurf in our stadium is one of many ways that our administration has demonstrated a real commitment to Eastern Michigan Football,” Creighton said. “The fact that they have embraced the idea of the field being concrete gray shows their courage and conviction in who we are and what we are all about. We cannot wait to represent Eastern Michigan University on our new turf this fall and for the years to come.”
Of course, the Eagles aren’t the first program to install colorful turf. Boise State’s blue turf has has been a staple of Broncos football since 1986.
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2014 04:13 PM by UT1.)
06-19-2014 04:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: EMU - Installing Gray Turf
Ugly, like their program. Big gray empty stadium. Now big gray empty field. Nothing like installing a million dollars worth of new field turf hoping you sell an extra 100 tix to curious alumni at the home opener.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
06-19-2014 04:54 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I thought colored turf (except the end zones) was no longer permitted amongst Division 1 (whatever it is called today) schools unless you were already grandfathered (e.g., Boise State)?
06-19-2014 06:45 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(06-19-2014 06:45 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  I thought colored turf (except the end zones) was no longer permitted amongst Division 1 (whatever it is called today) schools unless you were already grandfathered (e.g., Boise State)?

I thought the same.

But good for EMU. Really. If this does nothing but add some excitement to their program, then they succeeded. It'll be interesting to see it in real life when the Rockets travel to Ypsi. Hope the Rocket faithful can come out in strong numbers so we can outnumber their fans again.
06-19-2014 08:53 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Gray turf, gray sideline surfaces, and gray uniforms. No, nothing wrong there. Should be even better on a rainy day.
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2014 09:19 PM by Toledo Football 1st.)
06-19-2014 09:17 PM
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
That should impress their 500 fans at the Homecoming game..
06-19-2014 10:53 PM
UT1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(06-19-2014 10:53 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  That should impress their 500 fans at the Homecoming game..

I think I have figured out why EMU is installing concrete gray turf, that way the field will more closely resemble a urinal or toilet so their drunk fans will feel more comfortable while peeing on the field (in front of our cheerleaders).
06-20-2014 06:41 AM
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
04-chairshot
(06-20-2014 06:41 AM)UT1 Wrote:  
(06-19-2014 10:53 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  That should impress their 500 fans at the Homecoming game..

I think I have figured out why EMU is installing concrete gray turf, that way the field will more closely resemble a urinal or toilet so their drunk fans will feel more comfortable while peeing on the field (in front of our cheerleaders).

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2014 01:18 PM by Terry.)
06-20-2014 10:44 AM
Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
Will be interesting to see how it looks, Huskies also have a road game in Ypsi this year.

They can turn their football program (as can other MAC programs that need improvement) by casting a larger geographical recruiting net.

A number of MVC(NDST, UNI) and OVC (EIU) programs have beaten both P5 and G5 programs recently with talent that is often unrated by Rivals and other sources. Much of that comes from regions the MAC doesn't recruit heavily (Minny, Wisky, Missou)

NDST has won 3 straight FCS titles and beaten Kansas, Minny(twice), Colorado State, Kansas State. UNI has beaten Iowa State. EMU & other MAC programs need to adopt at least some of their ideas
06-20-2014 12:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.