Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC Teams Tearing It Up On The Recruiting Trail
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
ACC Teams Tearing It Up On The Recruiting Trail
Im thinking VT and Louisville will both end up joining Clemson, FSU, Miami and UNC in the top 25 when its all said and done.
SU and BC, not too shabby!

ACC Teams Recruiting
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2014 10:29 AM by cuseroc.)
06-17-2014 10:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: ACC Teams Tearing It Up On The Recruiting Trail
Totally bogus. Va Tech's not on the list!
06-17-2014 10:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
Doubt very much VT or UL finish in the top 25 or that Cuse and BC finish in the top 45.
06-17-2014 11:54 AM
Advertisement

ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(06-17-2014 10:27 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Totally bogus. Va Tech's not on the list!

From what I've read, VT is headed for decade lows in recruiting rankings. I'm not sure we're in the top 6 right now.
06-17-2014 12:18 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

You guys were like 65th on 247's Composite ranking and only had 5ish commits. Pretty awful.
06-17-2014 01:30 PM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(06-17-2014 12:18 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  
(06-17-2014 10:27 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Totally bogus. Va Tech's not on the list!

From what I've read, VT is headed for decade lows in recruiting rankings. I'm not sure we're in the top 6 right now.

Yeah, I was just kidding. Hokies are hurting right now.
06-17-2014 05:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Why didn't they mention Duke? Duke's class is currently rated higher than Syracuse and BC.
http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Footbal...amRankings
06-17-2014 06:00 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(06-17-2014 06:00 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Why didn't they mention Duke? Duke's class is currently rated higher than Syracuse and BC.

Im thinking that when the article was written and posted that Duke was ranked below SU and BC. They must have had a few nice recruits to verbal since yesterday. If you look at the arrow before Dukes name. They moved up 11 spots while SU remained unchanged and BC moved down 3 spots. BC was ahead of SU yesterday by one spot. 24/7 varies wildly from day to day.
06-17-2014 08:01 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(06-17-2014 06:00 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Why didn't they mention Duke? Duke's class is currently rated higher than Syracuse and BC.

We just received a verbal today from a kid from Chicago...his first mention why:
He loved Dinosaur BBQ. 03-lmfao
06-18-2014 12:33 AM
Advertisement

nole Offline
1st String

I Root For: FSU
Great to hear...think the ACC does OK with recruiting, as rankings and the draft often show.

IMHO, schools like Va Tech, UVA, Ga Tech should be killing it much more than they do.

The biggest issue is you will see some schools that do well sometimes and take a HUGE dive another year. A bit of a consistency issue.

What seems to be REALLY missing, given the lack of great results, has been coaching. There are some REALLY horrible coaches in the ACC and it seems to be a great conference for bad coaches to stay employed.

Glad to see the recruiting doing OK....it has to get better.....and the conference has to start hiring better coaches (more importantly, firing the bad ones) to take advantage.
06-18-2014 09:05 AM
cavman Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UVa, UofL
(06-17-2014 08:01 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Im thinking that when the article was written and posted that Duke was ranked below SU and BC. They must have had a few nice recruits to verbal since yesterday. If you look at the arrow before Dukes name. They moved up 11 spots while SU remained unchanged and BC moved down 3 spots. BC was ahead of SU yesterday by one spot. 24/7 varies wildly from day to day.

rankings vary wildly at this time of year because of so many commitments. It eventually slows and movement in the team rankings stops changing except for small increments.
As of today there are 4 ACC teams in the top 25 in 24/7 team rankings and 5 more teams in the top 50 including UVa now at 47.
06-20-2014 11:57 AM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

It eventually slows, but in late January, not in late spring/early summer. Some of those ACC schools will absolutely drop.
06-20-2014 09:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.