Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Reflection: 2003 season
Bookmark and Share
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Well, since my Titans have decided to call it a year, I guess it's all over for me for 2003, but oh what a helluva year it's been. Got me to thinkin', to go over some of the hi-lites of this season. I'll start, please fill in some more that I accidentally left out, or add some more about this season that are worth noting.....

In no particular order!

Colonel Reb being stolen by Ole Peter....

The "Colonel Rebel is my mascot" stickers at every game....

"It's a Cryin' Shame" song, written in response to ole Pete's decision......

The indecisiveness of who is staying on the Island and who is bashing Cut forever......

Eli's senior season and all the memories he left for us....

First 10-win season in, well, before my time....

Cotton Bowl Champions.....

SEC West Co-Champions.....

The LSU game, biggest game in Oxford in years(although, I still don't recall a thing from that game....LOL!....

The Heisman trophy makes an appearance in Otown for the TxTech game(I think it was TT, even tho I missed seeing the trophy).....

Having a lot of friends in town for different OM games this season....

LRRebel and myself both being transferred from city to city, having to make adjustments.....

Seeing the SECbbs crew several times over the season....

Snoop Dogg starting the HT cheer at the Arkansas game....

Russell Crowe starting the same cheer for the LSU game....

And oh yea, friggin' Kermit the Frog.....

Crushing and humiliating Alabama....

Beating Teletubby's Ears on the road.....

Skimming by Vandy, AGAIN....

Losing to Memphis St, thinking our season was doomed, only to realize that that might've been the best thing for us, hindsight being 20/20, obviously....

Taking a limo from Tunica to the Memphis St game....

Seeing our potential future, Michael Spurlock, in a couple of appearances this season. The future looks bright.....

Trip to Gainseville and beating the Gators, didn't expect a repeat performance from last season.....

Hearing someone in the stadium, as usual, yell "Go to hell LSU" before every home game during the National Anthem, AGAIN.....

Trips to Hooter's, seeing my buddy Matt and meeting Dio and brother EBR, aka K&B....

A surprisingly quiet showing from our good buddy, Coach Peanut, this season.....

The demolishing of South Carolina, only to get a scare from them in the second half....

Shutting out MSU in Jackie's last game as a Bulldog, 31-0, and it taking two weeks to dry out after that game....

And who could forget the Cotton Bowl trip? Seeing a big group from here tailgating together....me, Huck, NPR, Fist, EBR, and Dio, and several others having a good time before and after becoming Cotton Bowl Champs.....

Those are my most fondest memories of this Ole Miss season....Surely, there are more that I am forgetting, please add.
01-11-2004 12:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OLEGRAD Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

JUST THE FACT THAT WE DEFEATED BAMA, AUBURN, AND FLA. ALL IN THE SAME YEAR.
PS,
IT WAS A BIT UNCOMFORTABLE AND A BIT LONLEY AT TIMES, BUT AM PROUD TO SAY THAT I NEVER LEFT THE ISLAND
AND AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR.

---------------------------------
OLE MISS: A CUT ABOVE
01-11-2004 12:46 AM
msudawgs64 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Miss. State

must be nice to look down and see a reflection, it is hard for me to do when looking at a mud puddle. :D I don't know if I posted it, but great season to the Ole Miss Rebels and the fans of course, you should be very proud of the season, the many ups and of course even with those few setbacks, a season that you won't soon forget.
01-11-2004 02:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewspaperRebel Offline
Former Righter

I Root For: Ole Miss

Thanks msudawgs64,

It was really a season to remember. And, it was capped off by a trip to a major bowl. I've been to Dallas before, but not to the Cotton Bowl! It was an experience I'll remember the rest of my life.

As 10MAN said above, it was great to meet some of the board posters before and after the game in the parking lot for a bit of tailgating.

The last time we went to a major bowl it was 1970 and I was still a student. There was another Manning at the helm, but I wasn't able to go since I was working for The Jackson Clarion-Liar seven days a week. I made sure I didn't miss this one!

I really hope the fortunes of the Bulldogs increase with your new coach. It may take him a couple of years to right the ship, but I think he'll get the job done!
01-11-2004 08:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WizardRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss

Amen! Preach it brotha 10! It's been a great season, and 2003 was an interesting year for me personally. Too bad we won't have you here for Hooter's Club meetings this year, and who knows? Maybe I won't be stuck in Jackson by next season either.

I have a funny feeling that even though we probably won't have a basketball season to remember (lost 80-53 to AU yesterday), we may just have a baseball season to remember on the horizon.

04-cheers

WR
01-11-2004 10:29 AM
Advertisement

SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Hopefully OM can build off this year with a good recruiting class
01-11-2004 03:57 PM
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

My fav. memories of the 2003-(04) season:

Well, there's only two--

1. I'll never forget the throngs of folks on the sidewalks of the Oxford Square at 1:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 22. 2003. About 1500 people on each sidewalk facing one another, throwing cigarette butts, shirts, shoes, cups, bottles and anything else while fights broke out all around! One side screaming for LSU and the other screaming for UM, all the while police allowing the spectacle to take place (only making a few arrests). That is engraved into my memory forever and I'll never forget that scene!

2. Looking for a bathroom and a beer, and a bathroom and a beer, over and over and over the entire four days I was in Dallas, TX for the Cotton Bowl! Hayell yeah 04-rock
01-12-2004 02:48 PM
georgew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

My worst memory of 2003 season was as I began paddling away from Fantasy Island. It happened as our secondary allowed TT to score late in the 4th, right in front of my nose in the end zone, giving us no chance of coming out with a win. To lose to TT twice was just to much to handle.
It was'nt until we beat ARK on Oct. 18th that I even considered pulling my boat out of dry dock and making the long journey back. Florida really did'nt count in my book because with Zook as coach in Fl. you never know which team or coach is going to show up and play.
With Auburn losing in their place to us I began again to think, hey! maybe we got something going on here. Man It was unbelievable, Florida, Ala, Ark, and AU all in one season. I was afraid the next battle was going to be Armageddon instead of LSU. I actually began to believe. No offense GA., but I bet we could have beat you guys for the championship had we not blown the LSU game.
Then comes LSU and another secondary breakdown that ended our hopes of the West outright. Now I know that the kicker could have won the game with the 2 missed field goals but hey, he's done his job all year. If not for him we would have lost others.
The highlight of the year was to beat OK State in the cotton. What a win. Now if only Cutt and his crew could do better recruiting than landing us in the lower 50% of schools that even try to recruit, we might have a shot at continuing something good.
Well all that said, I'm not planning on uncovering the boat next year. Don't get me wrong, I'll be one of the first to order my season tics, but we don't have a legitimate game till Oct 16th when we play TN. What a lousy schedule with only 3 decent games at home. Oh well, as some would say, " you want any cheese with that whine"? :crying:
01-12-2004 04:26 PM
Reb32 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I'm working with the contractors now..............building a condo on Fantasy Island. I'll have perminant residence on the Island and don't plan on moving for years to come.
01-13-2004 07:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.