Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What Person In History Do You Loathe?
UCGrad1992 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
In terms of the Nazi regime (other than Hitler), the worst figure IMO was Heinrich Himmler who lived a life filled with evil, madness and committed crimes against humanity. At the height of his power he was the head of the gestapo and the SS and built and oversaw the concentration camps. He's considered one of the persons most directly responsible for the Holocaust. Too bad like many of his Nazi cohorts he escaped justice and persecution by committing suicide.

[Image: heinrich_himmler.jpg]
06-08-2014 08:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
I'm going to go with GrayBeard. Dude is a troll.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
06-08-2014 10:18 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
RE: What Person In History Do You Loathe?
Sultan Mehmed II
06-09-2014 07:03 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
It's Sultan Mehmet, ER, and his only crime was kicking out the Christians who were persecuting his people for NOT being Christian. Frankly, if you hate him, you hate everyone in history who kicked out an usurping tyrant.

Try picking someone worthy of hatred next time, instead of picking someone based on their religion. I can think of several Popes far more worthy of hatred, and quite a few Priests as well. And you don't have to go all that far back in history either.
06-09-2014 08:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(06-09-2014 08:27 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  It's Sultan Mehmet, ER, and his only crime was kicking out the Christians who were persecuting his people for NOT being Christian. Frankly, if you hate him, you hate everyone in history who kicked out an usurping tyrant.

Try picking someone worthy of hatred next time, instead of picking someone based on their religion. I can think of several Popes far more worthy of hatred, and quite a few Priests as well. And you don't have to go all that far back in history either.

Touch a nerve?
06-09-2014 09:19 AM
VA49er Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
Vlad the Impaler
06-09-2014 10:07 AM
VA49er Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
(06-09-2014 08:27 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  It's Sultan Mehmet, ER, and his only crime was kicking out the Christians who were persecuting his people for NOT being Christian. Frankly, if you hate him, you hate everyone in history who kicked out an usurping tyrant.

From what I've read Mehmet was a pretty generous ruler. He allowed his subjects a considerable degree of religious freedom granting them freedom to move freely within the Empire, and to practice their religion free from persecution.
06-09-2014 10:12 AM

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(06-09-2014 09:19 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  

Touch a nerve?
Yes. I'm not crazy about prejudice and ignorance, both of which seem present in your choice.
(06-09-2014 10:12 AM)VA49er Wrote:  From what I've read Mehmet was a pretty generous ruler. He allowed his subjects a considerable degree of religious freedom granting them freedom to move freely within the Empire, and to practice their religion free from persecution.
He's revered by the Turks for it too. He was the kind of ruler everybody would enjoy. He served his people, improved their lives, and didn't try to force them into a one size fits all mold. From everything I've read, he's one of the more honorable people in history.
06-09-2014 10:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Destroying the Byzantine Empire and this setting up the future failed conquests of Europe and the fractured social and religious systems of the Balkans are enough for a person to put him on their list.
06-09-2014 10:52 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Pol Pot

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
06-09-2014 10:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.