Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kerry: "Baloney" that releasing Taliban detainees too risky to US troops
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
Kerry: "Baloney" that releasing Taliban detainees too risky to US troops
it hard to remember, but if it wasn't for 100,000 votes in ohio, this retard would have been president.

even the obamster plans on leaving 10K guys in afghanistan. I guess they don't count. but he's totally ignoring the fact that we didn't have any guys in afghanistan when we were attacked on 9/11, on those are the kinds of war criminals we released.

Quote:Kerry: "Baloney" that releasing Taliban detainees too risky to US troops

Secretary of State John Kerry said Sunday the Taliban detainees released in a prison swap for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl could indeed return to terrorism, but largely dismissed the argument that the deal will put U.S. troops further at risk.

Kerry told CNN’s “State of the Union” the argument that troops in Afghanistan would be more at risk was “baloney” now that the Taliban commanders have been released, particularly because the United States is winding down its military presence in that country.

“Our combat role in Afghanistan is over,” Kerry said. "We’re going to have very few people in that kind of position.”

He argued the detainees, released June 3 to the Qatar government, could return to battle -- but with a big risk for deadly consequences.

“I just think that’s a lot of baloney because, to whatever degree it may be true, they will wind up putting themselves at the mercy of those people who are very effective (at) who are there, who will deal with those guys,” Kerry said.

“I am not telling you that they don’t have some ability at some point to go back and get involved, but they also have an ability to get killed if they do that,” he continued.

Linky
06-08-2014 06:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: Kerry: "Baloney" that releasing Taliban detainees too risky to US troops
Lurch has no credibility with anything military.
06-08-2014 06:07 PM
EagleX Offline

(06-08-2014 06:07 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Lurch has no credibility with anything military.

my fave kerry line; "what, three purple hearts, and no limp?"
06-08-2014 06:10 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Let's hope for that idiot's sake that comment doesn't come back to haunt him.
06-08-2014 06:32 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Kerry is a dim bulb. I guess he fails to understand the real problem with this prisoner exchange. The Taliban has 5 knew heroes to worship and fuel their nonsense.
06-08-2014 07:30 PM
Advertisement

EagleX Offline

lol. kerry is giving Vice President Drain Bamage a real run for his money for being the biggest laughing stock in the administration.

new daily talking point number 5, I think; "we're gonna kill them with drones". and I love the way he's all hush-hush-top-secret from the mouth breathers that couldn't tell us precisely who killed bin laden fast enough.

Quote:However, Kerry told CNN the men were also being closed monitored by the US, which had "the ability to do things" if the terms of the arrangement with Qatar were violated. Although he did not overtly refer to drone strikes, he said the five men would be liable to be killed by the US if they returned to the ranks of the Taliban.

“I am not telling you they don’t have the ability to go back and get involved [in the Afghan conflict],” he said. “But they also have an ability to get killed doing that. I don’t think anybody should doubt the capacity of the United States of America to protect Americans.”

Asked if that meant the US would kill the men, Kerry replied: “The president has always said he will do whatever is necessary in order to protect the United States of America … so these guys pick a fight with us in the future, now, or at any time, at enormous risk. We have proven what we are capable of doing with the core al-Qaida in west Pakistan, Afghanistan.”

Linky
06-08-2014 10:37 PM
EagleX Offline

I'm not sure how he could say this with a straight face:

"No one should doubt the capacity of America to protect Americans"
06-08-2014 11:58 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
I would have traded Kerry for the deserter.
06-09-2014 12:30 AM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

(06-09-2014 12:30 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  I would have traded Kerry for the deserter.

I still vote for the full trade of Kerry, Reid, Pelosi, Biden, and Obama for Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi.

That's a 5-for-1 I could like :)
06-09-2014 01:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.