Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NC State to end the failed "Our State" campaign
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
NC State to end the failed "Our State" campaign
http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/05/3...n-our.html

Quote:N.C. State is retiring the marketing tagline it liberally borrowed from an SEC school that turned into a punchline.

The "This is Our State" campaign will join the unitard in Wolfpack infamy and be replaced with a new slogan before the football season, N.C. State athletic director Debbie Yow said Thursday.

"Ocassionally, we adopt a new primary theme to keep things fresh for our teams and fans, as occurs at most athletic programs," Yow wrote in an email Thursday. "These usually have a shelf life of several years."

N.C. State went winless against four in-state opponents in football during the 2013 season, losing to North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest and East Carolina in the same season for the first time.

Moments after its 42-28 drubbing of the Wolfpack on Nov. 23, in front of mostly visiting purple-clad fans in Raleigh, ECU fans had a billboard up in Wake Forest with the final score and the words: "ARRRRR State."

The parameters of the Wolfpack's alleged domain went from the state borders to the Beltline by basketball season. The men's team lost to Duke, North Carolina, Wake Forest and relative Division I newcomer N.C. Central.

Quote:When the first "This is Our State" billboards went up around the state in the spring of 2012, UNC running back Gio Bernard promised on Twitter to take that "junk" down.

Bernard's 74-yard punt return in the final seconds of the Tar Heels' 43-35 win in 2012 ended the Wolfpack's winning streak and sowed the seeds for the end of the marketing campaign.

No official word on what will replace "Our State" but rumors are it is down to three sayings:

1. Roll Pack!

2. Boomer Wolfpack!

3. Rock Chalk Wolfpack!
06-07-2014 07:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: NC State to end the failed "Our State" campaign
Pretty hilarious how bad they ripped off other school's marketing efforts.
06-07-2014 03:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaplony Offline

Maybe they are going to replace it with the slogan

"THESE ARE OUR GRAFFITI ROCKS"

[Image: sP1s8Kc.jpg]

Do they rub that statue of a sheep passing a peach seed when they come out the 5th grade drama class set looking tunnel?

03-lmfao
06-07-2014 03:49 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Well I enjoyed getting a win there last Fall...found a sweet tailgate spot.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 03:55 PM by TexanMark.)
06-07-2014 03:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(06-07-2014 07:49 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/05/3...n-our.html

Quote:N.C. State is retiring the marketing tagline it liberally borrowed from an SEC school that turned into a punchline.

The "This is Our State" campaign will join the unitard in Wolfpack infamy and be replaced with a new slogan before the football season, N.C. State athletic director Debbie Yow said Thursday.

"Ocassionally, we adopt a new primary theme to keep things fresh for our teams and fans, as occurs at most athletic programs," Yow wrote in an email Thursday. "These usually have a shelf life of several years."

N.C. State went winless against four in-state opponents in football during the 2013 season, losing to North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest and East Carolina in the same season for the first time.

Moments after its 42-28 drubbing of the Wolfpack on Nov. 23, in front of mostly visiting purple-clad fans in Raleigh, ECU fans had a billboard up in Wake Forest with the final score and the words: "ARRRRR State."

The parameters of the Wolfpack's alleged domain went from the state borders to the Beltline by basketball season. The men's team lost to Duke, North Carolina, Wake Forest and relative Division I newcomer N.C. Central.

Quote:When the first "This is Our State" billboards went up around the state in the spring of 2012, UNC running back Gio Bernard promised on Twitter to take that "junk" down.

Bernard's 74-yard punt return in the final seconds of the Tar Heels' 43-35 win in 2012 ended the Wolfpack's winning streak and sowed the seeds for the end of the marketing campaign.

No official word on what will replace "Our State" but rumors are it is down to three sayings:

1. Roll Pack!

2. Boomer Wolfpack!

3. Rock Chalk Wolfpack!

And you keep saying that you don't care anything about State!
06-07-2014 04:01 PM
Kaplony Offline

(06-07-2014 04:01 PM)XLance Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 07:49 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/05/3...n-our.html

1. Roll Pack!

2. Boomer Wolfpack!

3. Rock Chalk Wolfpack!

And you keep saying that you don't care anything about State!

I don't. Just like when I played baseball I wasn't a power hitter, instead tried my best to hit one to the gaps and beat it out with speed. But when someone leaves a breaking ball hanging it your wheelhouse you do what you can to put it out the park.
06-07-2014 04:03 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(06-07-2014 03:49 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Maybe they are going to replace it with the slogan

Do they rub that statue of a sheep passing a peach seed when they come out the 5th grade drama class set looking tunnel?

03-lmfao

I wonder who had rocks in the end zone first: NCSU or IU.
06-08-2014 11:34 PM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
They could've put land mines in the NC State endzone... no one would've been in real danger!
06-09-2014 10:01 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

(06-09-2014 10:01 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  They could've put land mines in the NC State endzone... no one would've been in real danger!

I was gong to say "you've apparently never seen their defense," but then I realized that you're a Virginia Tech fan and I've seen your offense....

(ZING!)
06-09-2014 11:18 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(06-09-2014 11:18 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 10:01 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  They could've put land mines in the NC State endzone... no one would've been in real danger!

I was gong to say "you've apparently never seen their defense," but then I realized that you're a Virginia Tech fan and I've seen your offense....

(ZING!)

THEIR endzone... the one NC STATE is trying to score in...

(I give up!)
06-10-2014 05:45 AM
Advertisement

nzmorange Offline
Heisman

(06-10-2014 05:45 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 11:18 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  

(ZING!)

THEIR endzone... the one NC STATE is trying to score in...

(I give up!)

I thought you meant the NCSU end zone as in one of the ones in their stadium.

I'm not sure how to reverse a zing... I think that this might be a tooth paste-tube and/or a cat-bag situation.
06-10-2014 10:04 AM
Kaplony Offline

(06-08-2014 11:34 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 03:49 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Maybe they are going to replace it with the slogan

03-lmfao

I wonder who had rocks in the end zone first: NCSU or IU.

Not sure, but considering NC State's track record I'd put my money on IU.
06-10-2014 10:18 AM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
(06-07-2014 03:49 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  [Image: sP1s8Kc.jpg]

That is the cheapest looking entrance I've seen in sports! bad turf, painted rocks, and an ugly statue.
06-10-2014 09:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.