Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

FESJC
Bookmark and Share
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
FESJC
Anyone have any tickets they won't be using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06-05-2014 10:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
RE: FESJC
I miss not being there for that. Off to the golf channel tonight!
06-05-2014 04:56 PM
OneShiningMoment Away
MT.org's Smartass and Dumbass

I Root For: OnCampusStadium

Donators
do people still tie extra tickets onto the fence outside the entrance in Lot C?
06-05-2014 09:38 PM
VATiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Wish I was there to follow and support Ben Crane. Ben had five birdies on the front nine and finished at the top of the leader board with a 7 under. Ben is one great person and has been recognized by the PGA for his charity work. Would be great if Tiger Fans can show Ben some love during this week.
06-06-2014 06:09 AM
Advertisement

Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
When I tuned in last night they were in rain delay, around 3 pm on the replay I guess. I didn't stay up to see if they resumed play.
06-06-2014 09:30 AM
VATiger Offline
2nd String

(06-06-2014 09:30 AM)Tiger46 Wrote:  When I tuned in last night they were in rain delay, around 3 pm on the replay I guess. I didn't stay up to see if they resumed play.

The FESJC did resume play at 4:45 CST--Ben completed his round 5 minutes before play was suspended due to darkness. There were 60 players that did not finish. Ben currently has a 4 shot lead (10 under) over Davis Love III--3 under today and just completed the front nine. There is a long way to go, but hope that he can get his first win of the season. Go Tigers and Go Ben Crane!
06-06-2014 10:15 AM
TiggerFan Offline
See Ya, Albert

I Root For: US NAVY

Donators
Rain expected this afternoon. The tour's weather dude says it will hit at 2:19 pm.
06-06-2014 11:46 AM
Advertisement

VATiger Offline
2nd String

(06-06-2014 11:46 AM)TiggerFan Wrote:  Rain expected this afternoon. The tour's weather dude says it will hit at 2:19 pm.

Hope the weather dude is wrong--the Memphis golf fans deserve great golf weather. Ben Crane just completed his second round and is currently the leader at -12-- five shot lead on Carl Pettersen and six over Davis Love III. Ben shot a -5 today with 6 birdies and a bogey on Hole 18--most difficult hole on the course. Hope the afternoon players can complete their rounds so tomorrow will start on time. If you attend the FESJC this weekend, wave to Ben and his caddy (Joel) to show some Tiger Nation support. Go Tigers and Ben Crane!
06-06-2014 12:51 PM
ItsDude Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Glad to see Daly do ok...1 under should make the cut. Hopefully this is not his last Memphis event.
06-06-2014 08:23 PM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

I Root For: Memphis
(06-06-2014 08:23 PM)ItsDude Wrote:  Glad to see Daly do ok...1 under should make the cut. Hopefully this is not his last Memphis event.

Does he make noise when he gets on the geezer Champions tour?
06-06-2014 10:01 PM
Advertisement

homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

I Root For: Rationality
I love going to this tournament every year. unfortunately I am not able to this year but Ive been watching it on TV. Best field I can remember ever coming this year. Hate the weather has had such an effect. Plan on watching all 8 hours of coverage on TV today
06-07-2014 09:56 AM
VATiger Offline
2nd String

(06-07-2014 09:56 AM)homefry20 Wrote:  I love going to this tournament every year. unfortunately I am not able to this year but Ive been watching it on TV. Best field I can remember ever coming this year. Hate the weather has had such an effect. Plan on watching all 8 hours of coverage on TV today

The FESJC and the Belmont make for a great Day! I gave up playing golf today to watch. Hoping that Ben can keep his magic going--he has had back problems and has missed 5 of the last 6 cuts. He has worked with Titleist Performance Institute to develop a swing that puts less stress on the back--hope it keeps working! There should be some low scores today from this great field.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 10:14 AM by VATiger.)
06-07-2014 10:12 AM
homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

I Root For: Rationality
(06-07-2014 10:12 AM)VATiger Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 09:56 AM)homefry20 Wrote:  I love going to this tournament every year. unfortunately I am not able to this year but Ive been watching it on TV. Best field I can remember ever coming this year. Hate the weather has had such an effect. Plan on watching all 8 hours of coverage on TV today

The FESJC and the Belmont make for a great Day! I gave up playing golf today to watch. Hoping that Ben can keep his magic going--he has had back problems and has missed 5 of the last 6 cuts. He has worked with Titleist Performance Institute to develop a swing that puts less stress on the back--hope it keeps working! There should be some low scores today from this great field.

Yep, should be a scoring day considering the amount of rain yesterday. fairways and greens will hold much better and players will be able to attack otherwise risky pin placements. Ive always liked Crane except for when it took him ten minutes to hit every shot. Hes a great guy though.

My only hope is that whoever wins next week played in Memphis this week. If we can start having a correlation with success in the Open then the field will get better and better.
06-07-2014 10:18 AM
Advertisement

VATiger Offline
2nd String

(06-07-2014 10:18 AM)homefry20 Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 10:12 AM)VATiger Wrote:  

Yep, should be a scoring day considering the amount of rain yesterday. fairways and greens will hold much better and players will be able to attack otherwise risky pin placements. Ive always liked Crane except for when it took him ten minutes to hit every shot. Hes a great guy though.

My only hope is that whoever wins next week played in Memphis this week. If we can start having a correlation with success in the Open then the field will get better and better.

The FESJC will be well represented in the U.S. Open next week and I do look for Phil to win it--he was close last year and almost holed out on 18th to tie for the lead. Almost was not good enough, but this is another year. He wants to get in contention in this tournament to get mentally focused for next week. He also said that a Monday or Tuesday finish in Memphis would not adversely affect his preparation for the Open. I just learned that Ben will definitel not be in the Open field--a win at the FESJC does not automatically qualify the player for the Open.
06-07-2014 01:54 PM
VATiger Offline
2nd String

Congratulations, Ben Crane, for winning the FESJC, and thank you for wearing Memphis Tiger Blue on the final day! You will represent Memphis well and will be a great CHAMPION!
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 05:52 PM by VATiger.)
06-08-2014 05:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.