Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wilson High principal comes out as gay at school’s Pride Day
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Wilson High principal comes out as gay at school’s Pride Day
Quote:Wilson High School Principal Pete Cahall came out to his students as gay at a school-wide Pride Day event Wednesday, shaking as he said that he had “hid in the shadows for the last 50 years” but was inspired by his students to declare his sexual orientation openly.

“I want to say publicly for the first time because of your leadership, care and support that I am a proud gay man who just happens to be the principal of Wilson High School,” he said in the packed atrium at the D.C. school, flanked by Mayor Vincent C. Gray (D) and David Catania (I), the D.C. Council’s first openly gay member.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/loca...?tid=sm_fb

No matter your stance on this issue, wtf is a public high school doing having a "Pride Day"?

Quote:“I feel really proud of him, even though obviously he’s an adult,” said Marla Solow, 16, a junior who helped organize the Pride event. “I teared up … if it inspires other people to come out, that’s great.

And you don't think these kids are being recruited into this?
06-04-2014 12:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
RE: Wilson High principal comes out as gay at school’s Pride Day
(06-04-2014 12:44 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
Quote:Wilson High School Principal Pete Cahall came out to his students as gay at a school-wide Pride Day event Wednesday, shaking as he said that he had “hid in the shadows for the last 50 years” but was inspired by his students to declare his sexual orientation openly.

“I want to say publicly for the first time because of your leadership, care and support that I am a proud gay man who just happens to be the principal of Wilson High School,” he said in the packed atrium at the D.C. school, flanked by Mayor Vincent C. Gray (D) and David Catania (I), the D.C. Council’s first openly gay member.

No matter your stance on this issue, wtf is a public high school doing having a "Pride Day"?

Quote:“I feel really proud of him, even though obviously he’s an adult,” said Marla Solow, 16, a junior who helped organize the Pride event. “I teared up … if it inspires other people to come out, that’s great.

I hear they spread it by handshakes...03-lmfao

DON'T CATCH THE GAY!!!
06-04-2014 12:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
Congratulations Cahall, you're a homo... Anything important you wanna say?

I'd yank my kids out of that school faster than the first pair of tighty whities could drop.
06-04-2014 12:49 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(06-04-2014 12:47 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

I can't answer hard questions.
06-04-2014 12:49 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(06-04-2014 12:49 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 12:47 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

I can't answer hard questions.

Silly questions get a silly response...
06-04-2014 12:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

They always get extra defensive when it is exposed that they try to get more of this.
06-04-2014 12:53 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away

Donators
I've obtained secret homo propaganda...

[Image: 5520b0cf13e4d4536b80c919d6570cac50dc5b78...b959b8.jpg]

They are a duplicitous bunch...
06-04-2014 12:56 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
I rarely agree with UofMemphis but got to do so on this one.....well, partially.

I don't believe these high school kids are being recruited to become "gay". They may be recruited to join gay activism, but not to be gay. There are many gay teenagers who are hiding their homosexually, and I guess you could say that they are being "recruited" to come out.

Just making a distinction.
06-04-2014 01:17 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Whose idea was it to have this parade? If it was the school's idea, then I have a problem with that.
06-04-2014 01:21 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
I wonder how much of a big deal they would make for someone coming out as a Christian? LOL
06-04-2014 01:22 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(06-04-2014 01:17 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  I rarely agree with UofMemphis but got to do so on this one.....well, partially.

I don't believe these high school kids are being recruited to become "gay". They may be recruited to join gay activism, but not to be gay. There are many gay teenagers who are hiding their homosexually, and I guess you could say that they are being "recruited" to come out.

wtf do you think gay activism is?
06-04-2014 01:27 PM
Advertisement

WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
(06-04-2014 01:27 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 01:17 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  I rarely agree with UofMemphis but got to do so on this one.....well, partially.

Analogy......there were white's during the Civil Rights movement who were activists for the cause but they didn't become black.
06-04-2014 01:33 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
(06-04-2014 01:33 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  

Analogy......there were white's during the Civil Rights movement who were activists for the cause but they didn't become black.

That doesn't make any sense. Race is not a lifestyle.

There are indeed many cases where it becomes fashionable to engage in gay activities. That is indeed happening and indeed an objective by some.
06-04-2014 01:37 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Why is a pride day celebration going on at any high school?
06-04-2014 01:37 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(06-04-2014 01:33 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  

This isn't about civil rights. It is about getting kids to come out of the "closet". First step in doing that is getting them to "try it".
06-04-2014 01:39 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
"That's neat that he did that" and "Where do I sign?" are two different things.
06-04-2014 01:40 PM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(06-04-2014 01:40 PM)Smaug Wrote:  "That's neat that he did that" and "Where do I sign?" are two different things.

Exactly. Activism and crowd psychology is the bridge. Nothing makes children want to do something more than anticipated praise.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 01:43 PM by EverRespect.)
06-04-2014 01:42 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(06-04-2014 01:42 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 01:40 PM)Smaug Wrote:  "That's neat that he did that" and "Where do I sign?" are two different things.

Exactly. Activism and crowd psychology is the bridge. Nothing makes children want to do something more than anticipated praise.

Exactly what Hitler did in order to get the crowd on his side, public relations. Oh I forgot, Obama did the same thing. Remember that they were praising him like a god in Europe too? And he hadn't done anything at all at that point to merit any praise.
06-04-2014 01:47 PM
dmacfour Offline
All American

I Root For: Idaho Vandals

Because crowd psychology is going to turn someone gay. 03-yawn
06-04-2014 01:54 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(06-04-2014 01:54 PM)dmacfour Wrote:  

Because crowd psychology is going to turn someone gay. 03-yawn

The process of self-identity has many theories, none of which is at the snap of a finger, but all argue that adolescent experience and crisis resolution is the most important factor. All agree that high school age kids are not mature enough to develop their identity.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 01:58 PM by EverRespect.)
06-04-2014 01:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.