Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fan IQ 2014 - Temple Football Season Prediction
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
Fan IQ 2014 - Temple Football Season Prediction
I picked this link up off another site.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Temple-footbal...blog-76929

The only area I challenge the writer is on the Navy game. Temple’s defense last season struggled against the pass but defended the run fairly well and has a history of playing well against the option. Temple will sell out to stop the run and force Reynolds to pass, if they can do that the Owls will have a chance. I would call this a tossup game because its home.

It would be interesting to see Temple going into the last game of the season at Tulane 5-6 with a bowl bid on the line. If that’s the case I would have to give strong consideration to making an early December trip to New Orleans for a longgggg weekend.
06-04-2014 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UConnFB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UConn
RE: Fan IQ 2014 - Temple Football Season Prediction
Thanks. I had no idea Temple lost to Fordham last season. Fordham's QB was a former UConn QB that Pasqualoni mismanaged. Turned out he was a real gamer.
06-04-2014 10:19 AM
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

(06-04-2014 10:19 AM)UConnFB Wrote:  Thanks. I had no idea Temple lost to Fordham last season. Fordham's QB was a former UConn QB that Pasqualoni mismanaged. Turned out he was a real gamer.

Om man it was ugly! Temple lost on a hail Mary with less than a 10 seconds to go 30-29. It was the coaching staffs third game and the inexperienced showed, they looked like deer in the headlights.

All i can hope for is that is all behind them and the team and coaching staff grew from the experiences of last season, hell i have no choice but to hope for that.
06-04-2014 10:34 AM
SouthPhillyFall Offline
2nd String

(06-04-2014 10:34 AM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 10:19 AM)UConnFB Wrote:  Thanks. I had no idea Temple lost to Fordham last season. Fordham's QB was a former UConn QB that Pasqualoni mismanaged. Turned out he was a real gamer.

Om man it was ugly! Temple lost on a hail Mary with less than a 10 seconds to go 30-29. It was the coaching staffs third game and the inexperienced showed, they looked like deer in the headlights.

All i can hope for is that is all behind them and the team and coaching staff grew from the experiences of last season, hell i have no choice but to hope for that.

That was one of the most painful losses I have watched as a Temple fan. And there have been plenty of painful losses
06-04-2014 10:42 AM
Advertisement

UConnFB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UConn

Fordham's HC was also UConn's former OC. Temple was alot like UConn in that it started the season off awfully and then improved, but at least you had an inexperienced staff to point to.
06-04-2014 10:44 AM
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

(06-04-2014 10:44 AM)UConnFB Wrote:  

Fordham's HC was also UConn's former OC. Temple was alot like UConn in that it started the season off awfully and then improved, but at least you had an inexperienced staff to point to.

That's true, but I don't think that makes me feel better, we are stuck with this staff for a while.
06-04-2014 10:47 AM
SouthPhillyFall Offline
2nd String

This season is very difficult to predict...there are so many question marks.

For starters our O-line lost three starters to graduation, then we lost a fourth---I think to injury (Zach Hooks). We won't have a senior on the O-line. Incoming 4-star Aaron Ruff has good size and might be able to contribute.

WR is another question mark. We lost our two top guys, one to graduation and another for academic issues. Khalif Herbin who was redshirted last year has looked great this spring and could (or *should*) make up for the departure of Robbie Anderson.

Very interested to see how the DBs do. We brought in two JUCO players who should contribute immediately: Cequan Jefferson who looks great on tape and Alex Wells who has been the most impressive DB in practice.

I think anywhere btween 4-8 and 6-6 is realistic
06-04-2014 11:05 AM
Advertisement

NYCTUFan Offline
All American

(06-04-2014 11:05 AM)SouthPhillyFall Wrote:  This season is very difficult to predict...there are so many question marks.

For starters our O-line lost three starters to graduation, then we lost a fourth---I think to injury (Zach Hooks). We won't have a senior on the O-line. Incoming 4-star Aaron Ruff has good size and might be able to contribute.

WR is another question mark. We lost our two top guys, one to graduation and another for academic issues. Khalif Herbin who was redshirted last year has looked great this spring and could (or *should*) make up for the departure of Robbie Anderson.

Very interested to see how the DBs do. We brought in two JUCO players who should contribute immediately: Cequan Jefferson who looks great on tape and Alex Wells who has been the most impressive DB in practice.

You may or may not agree with me but I feel like 4-8 is the minimum Temple can do this year to keep the media and some alumni off the administrations backs in light of the sports cuts. Less than 4 wins and there will be a major media s#*t storm around Temple football.

I would call 6-6 and a bowl game a big success and a strong step in the right direction for the program.
06-04-2014 11:13 AM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

Hooks was thrown off the team.
06-04-2014 11:28 AM
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

(06-04-2014 11:28 AM)JHG722 Wrote:  Hooks was thrown off the team.

Was it because if academics or disciplinary reasons? Not that it matters, i was just curious.
06-04-2014 11:43 AM
Advertisement

JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

Violation of team rules
06-04-2014 11:46 AM
SouthPhillyFall Offline
2nd String

(06-04-2014 11:13 AM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 11:05 AM)SouthPhillyFall Wrote:  This season is very difficult to predict...there are so many question marks.

You may or may not agree with me but I feel like 4-8 is the minimum Temple can do this year to keep the media and some alumni off the administrations backs in light of the sports cuts. Less than 4 wins and there will be a major media s#*t storm around Temple football.

I would call 6-6 and a bowl game a big success and a strong step in the right direction for the program.

I agree. Temple will be in a bad spot if they go 3-9 (maybe even 4-8) and have to convince the Temple community that an on-campus stadium is good investment. I pray that we at least get to a bowl this year. We were competitive with Louisville and without a miracle pass would've beaten UCF. I think we will have the talent to go 6-6 this year, but the staff has to do their job. Snow's got a lot to prove and now has the DBs to prove it...

(06-04-2014 11:28 AM)JHG722 Wrote:  Hooks was thrown off the team.

Thanks. I remembered reading he was gone but couldn't remember the reason.
06-04-2014 11:58 AM
St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
If last season was any indication, Matt Rhule is building a heck of a team and Temple should not be taken lightly.
06-04-2014 12:11 PM
templefootballfan Online
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
Navy game is the key, beat Navy & I can see 6-6
06-04-2014 03:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.