Navy

05-30-2014 08:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: CINCINNATI to the AAC East?
(05-30-2014 08:19 AM)True Bearcat Wrote:  According to this article they are!

http://cincyontheprowl.com/2014/05/29/uc...onference/

EAST

Cincinnati
UConn
USF
UCF
Temple
East Carolina
WEST

Tulane
Tulsa
SMU
Houston
Memphis
Navy

East will definitely be the tougher division in football. It won't make much of a difference in basketball due to round robin schedule.

05-30-2014 08:54 AM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Probably the best possible situation for UC .

I mean you might say you'd like to see a game with Memphis every year since they are closest geographically or you'd like to play a national brand like Navy every year. But im not married to the idea.

Youve got your old big east buddies in UConn and USF . ECU and UCF are strong football programs who I see us battling with most years for the division . And well Temple is Temple.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 09:09 AM by Bearcat2012.)
05-30-2014 09:09 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Waiting for an official announcement but that has been the web rumor since yesterday. This is the best case scenario for UC in the American. UC stays with the former Big East school while adding annual games against the best two new programs in ECU and UCF. The Bearcats get eastern exposure, Florida exposure and will be playing against schools that actually have fans.

Oh by the way basketball has nothing to do with the division setup.

05-30-2014 09:11 AM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
All I know is that if we're stuck in the west, they might as well add USM and UAB and get it over with... I know that we're in effect back in CUSA, but at least in the East we'd be paired with UConn and Temple.

God, I hate this conference... Every frickin' day, I hate this conference a little bit more.

05-30-2014 09:27 AM
dossbig Offline
1st String

I Root For: CINCINNATI
I would much prefer Navy be traded with UCF or USF.

What is the infatuation some people have with Temple?

05-30-2014 09:33 AM
Advertisement

mac6115cd Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
I like the setup for Cincinnati - it will definitely give us a better SOS and help prevent the program from sliding back too quickly due to inferior competition.

05-30-2014 09:39 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(05-30-2014 09:33 AM)dossbig Wrote:  I would much prefer Navy be traded with UCF or USF.

What is the infatuation some people have with Temple?

Not me Doss. I would rather trade UConn for Navy. With two FL schools in our division, it allows CTT and company a recruiting trip to work in with a game, every year.

I don't mind Temple (since there isn't much choice anyway). We played a few games back in our indy days.

05-30-2014 09:41 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

You don't want Navy every season because they play option football. A division with UConn, Temple, USF, UCF, and ECU is a close you can get to replicating the Big East in terms of geography in competitive play for UC. Northeast schools, Mid-Atlantic school with big fan base, and two Florida schools is about as good as gets for UC. Now we need the American and UC to generate some more revenue but that is a story for another day. From a branding perspective and competition standpoint, I actually prefer UC in that division over anything that looks like the Big Texas Division.

05-30-2014 09:59 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
It's official. This is from the AAC twitter page.

Frankly I think the three left behind Big East teams wanted to stay together. Navy apparently wanted to play in the west because a large portion of their recruiting comes from Texas.

I do agree with bearcatlawjd that I did not want to see Navy every year. I don't want to expose the defense to all that chop-blocking. That being said, with the 5-3 set up we will still see them every couple years.

[Image: rp_primary_Football-Divisions-2015.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 10:26 AM by CliftonAve.)
05-30-2014 10:26 AM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

(05-30-2014 09:59 AM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  You don't want Navy every season because they play option football. A division with UConn, Temple, USF, UCF, and ECU is a close you can get to replicating the Big East in terms of geography in competitive play for UC. Northeast schools, Mid-Atlantic school with big fan base, and two Florida schools is about as good as gets for UC. Now we need the American and UC to generate some more revenue but that is a story for another day. From a branding perspective and competition standpoint, I actually prefer UC in that division over anything that looks like the Big Texas Division.

I'd say the AAC East is on par with the Big East.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 03:44 PM by BearcatsUC.)
05-30-2014 02:33 PM
Advertisement

SouthPhillyFall Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Temple
UCF and ECU certainly deserved to be a part of the Big East when it was still together. The division is like an alternate universe Big East considering Temple, Cincy, USF, and UConn are all former members and UCF and ECU were discussed as expansion candidates for quite some time

05-30-2014 02:34 PM
SW UC Offline
Special Teams

(05-30-2014 09:27 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  All I know is that if we're stuck in the west, they might as well add USM and UAB and get it over with... I know that we're in effect back in CUSA, but at least in the East we'd be paired with UConn and Temple.

God, I hate this conference... Every frickin' day, I hate this conference a little bit more.

I completely agree with your assessment!

05-30-2014 03:23 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
(05-30-2014 02:33 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(05-30-2014 09:59 AM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  You don't want Navy every season because they play option football. A division with UConn, Temple, USF, UCF, and ECU is a close you can get to replicating the Big East in terms of geography in competitive play for UC. Northeast schools, Mid-Atlantic school with big fan base, and two Florida schools is about as good as gets for UC. Now we need the American and UC to generate some more revenue but that is a story for another day. From a branding perspective and competition standpoint, I actually prefer UC in that division over anything that looks like the Big Texas Division.

In reality, it's probably a better football conference from a competition standpoint. Just too much stigma attached with all the directional names of the universities.

05-30-2014 05:43 PM
KCat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(05-30-2014 05:43 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  

In reality, it's probably a better football conference from a competition standpoint. Just too much stigma attached with all the directional names of the universities.

05-30-2014 05:59 PM
KCat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Add BYU Boise and you might have something..

05-30-2014 06:03 PM
Advertisement

vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:

I wouldn't. UCONN, temple, ECU and UCF are nowhere near Louisville, WVU, Pitt and Syracuse.

05-30-2014 06:37 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(05-30-2014 06:37 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  

I wouldn't. UCONN, temple, ECU and UCF are nowhere near Louisville, WVU, Pitt and Syracuse.

agreed

05-30-2014 06:40 PM
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(05-30-2014 06:40 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  

agreed

Pitt with the exception of one season and Syracuse were absolute garbage. Now I'm not saying UCF is the equivalent of Louisville yet (theyre probably one or two season out), but I think we're on par with WVU circa 2006-2009 with expectations now. Its not THAT far off from what we faced yearly in the OBE.

05-30-2014 09:20 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(05-30-2014 09:20 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(05-30-2014 06:40 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  

agreed

Pitt with the exception of one season and Syracuse were absolute garbage. Now I'm not saying UCF is the equivalent of Louisville yet (theyre probably one or two season out), but I think we're on par with WVU circa 2006-2009 with expectations now. Its not THAT far off from what we faced yearly in the OBE.

i'm talking name brand, not on field performance....pitt/cuse/uofl/wva are light years ahead of ucf and the other aac teams in terms of brand and national prestige

05-30-2014 09:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.