Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

United States Postal Service releases Harvey Milk Stamp
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
United States Postal Service releases Harvey Milk Stamp
04-cheers03-lmfao04-cheers

Quote:Harvey Milk postage stamp released by your United States Postal Service.

The Harvey Milk stamp is a result of seven years of lobbying by a self-described drag queen and former transsexual prostitute Nicole Murray Ramirez of San Diego.

Harvey Milk used his charm and power to prey on young boys with emotional problems and drug addiction.

The postal service's "Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee," which claims it "commemorates positive contributions to American life, history, and culture," but specifically states stamps "shall not be issued to honor religious institutions or individuals whose principal achievements are associated with religious undertakings or beliefs."

Randy Shilts, a homosexual San Francisco Chronicle reporter, wrote a favorable and sordid biography of Milk in "The Mayor of Castro Street: The Life and Times of Harvey Milk."

According to Shilts, Milk repeatedly engaged in adult-child sex and advocated for multiple homosexual relationships at the same time.

The United States Postal Service has honored a child predator at the request of a drag queen.

The homosexual lobby is encouraging businesses to use these stamps - all in the name of inclusiveness, political correctness and diversity. Honoring predator Harvey Milk on a U.S. postage stamp is disturbing to say the least.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fede...his-month/
05-30-2014 08:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
RE: United States Postal Service releases Harvey Milk Stamp
Tom's in line at the post office right now.
05-30-2014 08:07 AM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
The statement that stamps 'shall not be issued to honor religious institutions or individuals whose principal achievements are associated with religious undertakings or beliefs." is completely false. There have always various US stamps that have religious individuals, religious art, religious buildings.

I'm disappointed they put Mr. Milk on a stamp (for the reasons listed in the article), as it goes against the "positive influence" statement (which is true), so how this got approved is beyond me.

And I'm a stamp collector.. but this is one that I honestly don't care if it never makes it into my collection.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 09:14 AM by DaSaintFan.)
05-30-2014 09:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Ugh, now I can't say I've never heard of "it".
05-30-2014 09:04 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Celebrating a pedophile.
05-30-2014 09:05 AM
AngryAphid Offline
Arthropod of Truth

I Root For: Braves
For the stamps to adhere they need to be licked several times
… which of course makes the letters come faster.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 09:13 AM by AngryAphid.)
05-30-2014 09:13 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(05-30-2014 09:05 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Celebrating a pedophile.

Heck, they let convicted murders teach at Columnia University so this should come as no surprise.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 09:14 AM by VA49er.)
05-30-2014 09:14 AM
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

(05-30-2014 09:03 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  The statement that stamps 'shall not be issued to honor religious institutions or individuals whose principal achievements are associated with religious undertakings or beliefs." is completely false.

Tell another one?

10 - Due to the limitations placed on annual postal programs and the vast number of such locales, organizations and institutions in existence, it would be difficult to single out any one of the following for commemoration: government agencies, localities, non-profit organizations, associations, and similar entities. Stamps or stationery items shall not be issued to honor religious institutions or individuals whose principal achievements are associated with religious undertakings or beliefs.

https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leader...mittee.htm
05-30-2014 11:46 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(05-30-2014 08:07 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Tom's in line at the post office right now.

Nah, I got stamps already.

I'm glad that Harvey is getting the props he deserved.

But my guess is that he'd rather not have been assassinated by a homophobic bigot and then have his murderer get away with it because 'killing gays really didn't matter'
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 11:48 AM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
05-30-2014 11:47 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I think the parents of the 'boys' he was a big fan of were happy he got what he deserved.
05-30-2014 11:51 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(05-30-2014 08:06 AM)ODU BLUE Wrote:  04-cheers03-lmfao04-cheers

Quote:Harvey Milk postage stamp released by your United States Postal Service.

The Harvey Milk stamp is a result of seven years of lobbying by a self-described drag queen and former transsexual prostitute Nicole Murray Ramirez of San Diego.

Harvey Milk used his charm and power to prey on young boys with emotional problems and drug addiction.

The postal service's "Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee," which claims it "commemorates positive contributions to American life, history, and culture," but specifically states stamps "shall not be issued to honor religious institutions or individuals whose principal achievements are associated with religious undertakings or beliefs."

Randy Shilts, a homosexual San Francisco Chronicle reporter, wrote a favorable and sordid biography of Milk in "The Mayor of Castro Street: The Life and Times of Harvey Milk."

According to Shilts, Milk repeatedly engaged in adult-child sex and advocated for multiple homosexual relationships at the same time.

The United States Postal Service has honored a child predator at the request of a drag queen.

The homosexual lobby is encouraging businesses to use these stamps - all in the name of inclusiveness, political correctness and diversity. Honoring predator Harvey Milk on a U.S. postage stamp is disturbing to say the least.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fede...his-month/

Just curious...where did that information you put in the quote box come from? It's not in the link you provided. Thanks.
05-30-2014 11:55 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(05-30-2014 09:03 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  I'm disappointed they put Mr. Milk on a stamp (for the reasons listed in the article), as it goes against the "positive influence" statement (which is true), so how this got approved is beyond me.

What article? The OP was not truthful in his post. Who knows where he got that "quote" from.

The link just says this:
Quote:The Postal Service will dedicate its soon-to-be-released Harvey Milk stamp during a ceremony at the White House later this month, according to a White House announcement.

The event is scheduled to take place on May 22, the first day the Postal Service plans to issue the stamp commemorating one of the nation’s gay-rights pioneers.

Another ceremony will take place on May 28 in San Francisco.

Customers can pre-order the new stamp through the USPS Web site in order to receive it on the release date.

Milk won a seat on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in 1977, becoming one of the first openly gay elected officials in the United States.

The Postal Service said in an announcement that Milk’s achievements “gave hope and confidence to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community in the United States and elsewhere at a time when the community was encountering widespread hostility and discrimination.”

A gunman assassinated Milk and San Francisco Mayor George Mascone in November 1978, less than one year after Milk took office.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 11:59 AM by Redwingtom.)
05-30-2014 11:58 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-30-2014 11:51 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I think the parents of the 'boys' he was a big fan of were happy he got what he deserved.

I'm not aware of any cases of sexual abuse of a child lodged against Milk. He, like many straight men, tended to date younger.

But his boyfriends at the time were well known. Craig Rodwell, who was in his late 20's (he was in his late 30's at the time) was his partner when Milk lived in NYC (Rodwell by the way is a fascinating person in his own right - he founded the first Gay pride march after Stonewall and arguably had almost as much of an impact on the genesis of the Gay rights movement as Milk did - but nobody assassinated him - so probably no stamp). His boyfriends in SF were all of majority age. His last boyfriend was Jack Lira, who was a drunk and very troubled. But he was about 30.

I own and have read Randy Shilts' book, "The Mayor of Castro Street" many times. Perhaps you can show me where he was having sex with minors?
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 12:02 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
05-30-2014 11:59 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(05-30-2014 11:59 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(05-30-2014 11:51 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I think the parents of the 'boys' he was a big fan of were happy he got what he deserved.

I'm not aware of any cases of sexual abuse of a child lodged against Milk. He, like many straight men, tended to date younger.

But his boyfriends at the time were well known. Craig Rodwell, who was in his late 20's (he was in his late 30's at the time) was his partner when Milk lived in NYC (Rodwell by the way is a fascinating person in his own right - he founded the first Gay pride march after Stonewall and arguably had almost as much of an impact on the genesis of the Gay rights movement as Milk did - but nobody assassinated him - so probably no stamp). His boyfriends in SF were all of majority age. His last boyfriend was Jack Lira, who was a drunk and very troubled.

I own and have read Randy Shilts' book, "The Mayor of Castro Street" many times. Perhaps you can show me where he was having sex with minors?

Judging by the deception of the OP, you likely won't.
05-30-2014 12:02 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(05-30-2014 11:47 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(05-30-2014 08:07 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Tom's in line at the post office right now.

But my guess is that he'd rather not have been assassinated by a homophobic bigot and then have his murderer get away with it because 'killing gays really didn't matter'

Milk wasn't killed by a homophobic bigot.
05-30-2014 12:18 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-30-2014 12:18 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Uh, Dan White was profoundly anti-gay. No one disputes that.
05-30-2014 12:44 PM
Advertisement

ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

According to Milk’s biography, “The Mayor of Castro Street,” written by his own friend and fellow homosexual activist Randy Shilts, “Harvey always had a penchant for young waifs with substance abuse problems,” adding that Milk had a relationship with a 16-year-old boy who was “looking for some kind of father figure. … At 33, Milk was launching a new life, though he could hardly have imagined the unlikely direction toward which his new lover would pull him.”

Order your copy here!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mayor-Castro-S...0312019009
05-30-2014 02:28 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-30-2014 12:44 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(05-30-2014 12:18 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
Uh, Dan White was profoundly anti-gay. No one disputes that.

Uh, that doesn't make him a "homophobic bigot."
05-30-2014 02:35 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Dan White was a pretty unstable dude.
05-30-2014 02:38 PM
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

What I don't understand is why people write books like “The Mayor of Castro Street” and "Dreams of My Father", then try and deny the content?
05-30-2014 03:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.