Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Houston signs former McDonalds All-American
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
MyBB Houston signs former McDonalds All-American
on the last signing day houston signs Devonta Pollard a former 5star recruit who signed with bama comes with some heavy baggage but has the talent

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/255814...ns-with-uh

with everyone basically already signed when hired, losing a recruit and 5 transfers Sampson has sure put together a decent team

1 5 star and 2 4star recruits (1 has to sit out next year)
along with 4 other juco to come along with our other 3 star that was already signed

im pumped up about basketball now
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 10:20 PM by pesik.)
05-21-2014 06:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
RE: Houston signs former McDonalds All-American
(05-21-2014 06:33 PM)pesik Wrote:  on the last signing day houston signs Devonta Pollard a former 5star recruit who signed with bama comes with some heavy baggage but has the talent

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/...vonta.html

with everyone basically already signed when hired losing a recruit and 5 transfers Sampson has sure put together a decent team

along with 4 other juco to come along with our other 3 star that was already signed

The best part is seeing who we're beating out for these guys! Sampson' s stroke bodes very well for the future.
05-21-2014 06:37 PM
huskiesnyc Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UCONN
(05-21-2014 06:33 PM)pesik Wrote:  on the last signing day houston signs Devonta Pollard a former 5star recruit who signed with bama comes with some heavy baggage but has the talent

with everyone basically already signed when hired, losing a recruit and 5 transfers Sampson has sure put together a decent team

"Heavy baggage" is a pretty big understatement. He was charged with kidnapping a 6 year old girl..
05-21-2014 06:52 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(05-21-2014 06:52 PM)huskiesnyc Wrote:  

"Heavy baggage" is a pretty big understatement. He was charged with kidnapping a 6 year old girl..

his mother was charged with kidnapping a 6 year old girl not him, he played an extremly small role in that and was given 2 years probation for his role in that situation
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 07:00 PM by pesik.)
05-21-2014 06:57 PM
Piratelife4me Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
(05-21-2014 06:57 PM)pesik Wrote:  

his mother was charged with kidnapping a 6 year old girl not him, he played an extremly small role in that and was given 2 years probation for his role in that situation

Well when you say it that way, it does not sound bad at all02-13-banana
05-21-2014 08:50 PM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina

Why were all of these guys still available when everyone else was already basically signed? Just curious. I really don't know. Cool that he was able to find all of these diamonds though.
05-21-2014 09:19 PM
Advertisement

uconnwhaler Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: uconn

JMO, but any role in a kidnappings is kind of a red-flag no? Definitely don't like the precedent for the conference if this is the route Sampson plans to take.
05-21-2014 09:23 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(05-21-2014 09:19 PM)apex_pirate Wrote:  

Why were all of these guys still available when everyone else was already basically signed? Just curious. I really don't know. Cool that he was able to find all of these diamonds though.

1 transferred late (was a starter at Purdue, the one who has to sit out) and the rest are all juco who are normally the last to get signed/offered as they are viewed as roster fillers in basketball if you cant get the top HS guys, the #1 juco only signed a week before our guy (the #3) to auburn and the #5 (who was heavily recruited by temple) and the #6 just signed a week ago to new mexico and baylor respectively the last week and a half
05-21-2014 09:37 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(05-21-2014 09:23 PM)uconnwhaler Wrote:  

JMO, but any role in a kidnappings is kind of a red-flag no? Definitely don't like the precedent for the conference if this is the route Sampson plans to take.

The kid gave a family member a car ride when their vehicle broke down.
05-21-2014 09:38 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Graham
Johnson
And Pollard

Oh my!!!
05-21-2014 09:41 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
The kid got talent and deserves another chance... Right SEC???

Sampson wants Houston to compete now, not tomorrow... Keep it coming coach Sampson.
05-21-2014 09:45 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

(05-21-2014 09:23 PM)uconnwhaler Wrote:  JMO, but any role in a kidnappings is kind of a red-flag no? Definitely don't like the precedent for the conference if this is the route Sampson plans to take.

he did not have anything to do with the planning or execution of the kidnapping he was unknowingly drug in by his mother after the fact in what he thought was just helping his family out

he made a mistake, i don't think he deserved to have his life ruined because of it.
this was the kidnapping of a kid, if he had any significant role he'd have gotten a stepper punishment than 2 years probation and when the story first came out he was told he could potential return if he wasn't charged with anything, he wasn't charged but the media behind it ended any chance of a return to bams. but that shows that they knew he hadn't done anything serious
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 10:18 PM by pesik.)
05-21-2014 10:15 PM
Geotag Offline
Banned

I Root For: Defense
Houston is where guys who commit crimes come to play
05-22-2014 08:16 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
This is a HUGE get... especially when knowing how late Sampson came into the recruiting process this year. Graham, Pollard, and Johnson, are going to become very familiar names to AAC fans. That said, those guys were heavily pursued. Sampson is showing his chops right now in CBB. If you're going to fault him, than you should get on the other coaches as well.

I can't wait to see Sampson play young Pastner.
05-22-2014 08:34 AM
redbirdTD Offline
2nd String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE
(05-22-2014 08:16 AM)Geotag Wrote:  Houston is where guys who commit crimes come to play

I would think that mempiss fans should be the very last ones to go there. HA HA! LOL!
05-22-2014 08:37 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

Sampson has certainly done a great job rebuilding the talent level in a really short period of time.
05-22-2014 08:37 AM
Advertisement

HoustonCougarNation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cougars, Frogs
Houston is the new transfer "U"
05-22-2014 09:25 AM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

Nature of the beast.

The great Bobby Knight hardly ever signed Jucos at Indiana. When he took over the Tech job, he signed three of them that first April period (Kasib Powell, Nick Valdez, Pawel Storozynski).

And of course, when you are trying to sign talented jucos still available in April, many of them have some degree of baggage.
05-22-2014 10:38 AM
ShockerBob Offline
SHOCKERS

I Root For: the SHOCKER
The Parliament Awards
The charges on him were bullsh*t.

Why do you think he walked away so cleanly?
05-22-2014 10:47 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(05-22-2014 10:47 AM)ShockerBob Wrote:  The charges on him were bullsh*t.

Why do you think he walked away so cleanly?

I suspect you are right, because you don't just walk away from a kidnapping charge with probation unless your had no real involvement.
05-22-2014 11:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.