Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warning Bleacher Report: ECU quarterback best dual threat in the country
EastCarolinaU. Offline
2nd String

I Root For: AAC/ECU
Warning Bleacher Report: ECU quarterback best dual threat in the country
Best Dual Threat QB in the country

Ok, I know it is the bleacher report, so don't kill me, but this is a pretty bold statement. The weird thing is he isn't rated that high on other sites. Has he emerged as a much more desirable prospect, or is this guy trying to get his buddies son more looks? Idk, interesting none the less

updated article with ECU commitment:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/20680...lina-skies
05-21-2014 12:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EastCarolinaU. Offline
2nd String

RE: Warning Bleacher Report: ECU quarterback best dual threat in the country
Apparently he had some big time offers: "Jacobs III choose the Pirates of Conference USA (NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) over a number of schools, most notably West Virginia, Oklahoma, Texas-San Antonio, Utah State, Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, Arizona State, Oregon State, Tulsa and Memphis, among others, according to his father.
05-21-2014 12:40 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
I think he's a good prospect, but that story is a fluff piece and the guy who's hyping him as the best duel threat QB in the country is his personal QB coach.
05-21-2014 12:45 PM
Philosocoog Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Houston
It's bleacher report. They said our QB's name was Willie O'Korn and that we're getting off the hook by not having UCF on our schedule this coming year...
05-21-2014 12:48 PM
EastCarolinaU. Offline
2nd String

(05-21-2014 12:45 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I think he's a good prospect, but that story is a fluff piece and the guy who's hyping him as the best duel threat QB in the country is his personal QB coach.

I mean yeah, I know hes not actually the top dual prospect. But if that offer this is accurate, that's a pretty big pickup.
05-21-2014 12:48 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
Lets not even post this crap on here. Its BR. He's not even highly rated on the major services.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 12:51 PM by NBPirate.)
05-21-2014 12:50 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

(05-21-2014 12:48 PM)EastCarolinaU. Wrote:  
(05-21-2014 12:45 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I think he's a good prospect, but that story is a fluff piece and the guy who's hyping him as the best duel threat QB in the country is his personal QB coach.

I mean yeah, I know hes not actually the top dual prospect. But if that offer this is accurate, that's a pretty big pickup.

he has 2 offers uab & troy

in all likelyhood you guys just added another WR to your line up
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 07:31 PM by pesik.)
05-21-2014 12:52 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

"exhibited a masterful showing in a combine last month in Memphis, having clocked in at 4.47 and 4.49 seconds in the 40-yard dash."

That's pretty fast for any QB.

I think any QB is going to be pretty successful throwing the ball in our system. Texas Tech just roated guy after guy successfully back in the day and none of them were more than a 3rd stringers in the NFL.

We have basically have made the first guy Ruff recruited a dark horse Heisman guy who might break the all time competions career NCAA percentage mark and be one of the national leaders again for sure barring injuries. Even the other guy before him Ruff didn't recruit we molded into an NFL guy and broke NCAA single game and streaks for most completions in a row. We complete passes and add in the rushing element and our offense would be off the charts.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 12:56 PM by StillJonesing.)
05-21-2014 12:53 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-21-2014 12:52 PM)pesik Wrote:  

he ha°has 2 offers uab & troy

Yeah and Carden had no D1 offers, hell Hardy was a walk on who should break the all time NCAA record for receptions. This is football and football recruiting is really a joke and I'll trust our staff. If they think a guy that can run a 4.4 can fit in our system I'm not going to doubt them after Carden and Dominick Davis.
05-21-2014 12:55 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(05-21-2014 12:55 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  

Yeah and Carden had no D1 offers, hell Hardy was a walk on who should break the all time NCAA record for receptions. This is football and football recruiting is really a joke and I'll trust our staff. If they think a guy that can run a 4.4 can fit in our system I'm not going to doubt them after Carden and Dominick Davis.

central michigan is mac they offered and SFA is still technically D1 and they offered so carden did have d1 offers

and coincidently alabama has the most championships ad coincidentally the most 1 ranked recruiting class over the last 6 years
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 01:03 PM by pesik.)
05-21-2014 01:01 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I dont understand why our fans try to bring this crap over here as a brag. The kid may end up great, but he's no snag at the moment.
05-21-2014 01:05 PM
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

Our coaches have a good eye for QB talent; you've seen Carden (2 stars, only other offer Harvard) and his backup Kurt Benkert (3 stars, only other offers USA, USF, UCF, WKU) looked great in the spring game.

So, the lack of offers doesn't bother me.

In fact, I'd rather not have any of our commits get this kind of press, even if it is a fluff piece from his coach. We lost a guy last season that nobody else had any interest in after he made headlines breaking Tebo's TD record. Keep these guys under the radar, please.
05-21-2014 01:06 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-21-2014 01:01 PM)pesik Wrote:  central michigan is mac they offered and SFA is still technically D1 and they offered so carden did have d1 offers

and coincidently alabama has the most championships ad coincidentally the most 1 ranked recruiting class over the last 6 years

Apples and oranges.

Guys that are 6-6, 290 and run 4.6's as 17 year olds mostly finished products are easy to see which is what they and the other 15 that win the national championship over and over recruit. At that level yeah, at this level and most levels beyond the same 15 schools that win the National Title over and over it's a wash considering you only have 14 friggen games a year, and 50 plays on one side of the ball to really scout and that more than that prospects are still unfinished genetic products that have to be built in the weight room from 17 year olds to 23 year olds. This isnt' basketball with 30 games to scout with players playing almost every minute, AAU all summer, guys that don't need to put on 50lbs of muscle to compete etc and oh yeah of hundreds less players to scout.

Look at our CUSA championships teams. That senior class won championships their Jr and Sr year and beat Boise, West Virginia, Virgina Tech etc with a senior class that didn't have a single 3 star player and most didn't have D1 offers and guys like CJ Wilson who are still in the NFL is a Defensive line men that came to us with no offers and as a DB/RB. Jay Ross is another. You can't see genetics of all these unfinished products and plenty of guys blow up building them.

Look at guys like Carden, Cooper, Hardy, Grove, Terry Williams, etc and most of our best players on our team last year. It's always been that way at ECU. Jeff Blake, Chris Johnson, Garrard etc. No one wanted them or wanted them to move to TE or WR whatever. It's more coaching and weight room in college that matters after those elite 15 powerhouse schools.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 01:30 PM by StillJonesing.)
05-21-2014 01:18 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

(05-21-2014 12:55 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  ...I'll trust our staff....

Yep.
05-21-2014 01:26 PM
EastCarolinaU. Offline
2nd String

(05-21-2014 01:05 PM)NBPirate Wrote:  I dont understand why our fans try to bring this crap over here as a brag. The kid may end up great, but he's no snag at the moment.

Dude, its off season and news. Why bother clicking the link that says Warning Bleacher Report: ECU quarterback best dual threat in the country

Where did I brag? I simply put the title of the article in the title, and guess what genius, I didnt write the article. I don't understand why our fans try to bring this crap over here and cry their way through every thread.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 01:30 PM by EastCarolinaU..)
05-21-2014 01:28 PM
EastCarolinaU. Offline
2nd String

If you read the article is says " Jacobs III choose the Pirates of Conference USA over a number of schools, most notably West Virginia, Oklahoma, Texas-San Antonio, Utah State, Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, Arizona State, Oregon State, Tulsa and Memphis, among others, according to his father."

Maybe his dad is lying, maybe not, but I know for a fact rivals is rarely correct when it comes to offers, specifically the pirates. Sometimes they remove offers as well after kids commit. . . its a weird business.
05-21-2014 01:31 PM
Advertisement

StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

Just look at our best players this year.

QB Carden......no D1 offers best offer was Harvard
WR Hardy.........walk on
RB Cooper........no offers, Juco QB move to RB
WR I. Jones..... one offer to Ark St
LB D Johnson......can't even find his HS profile
DB Maggazu.......no D1 offers
DL T. Williams......Kent State and Eastern Michigan
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 01:38 PM by StillJonesing.)
05-21-2014 01:36 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(05-21-2014 01:31 PM)EastCarolinaU. Wrote:  

If you read the article is says " Jacobs III choose the Pirates of Conference USA over a number of schools, most notably West Virginia, Oklahoma, Texas-San Antonio, Utah State, Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, Arizona State, Oregon State, Tulsa and Memphis, among others, according to his father."

Maybe his dad is lying, maybe not, but I know for a fact rivals is rarely correct when it comes to offers, specifically the pirates. Sometimes they remove offers as well after kids commit. . . its a weird business.

bleacher report 07-coffee3

and i understand missing 1 or 2 offers but that many from that many top schools?
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

(05-21-2014 01:28 PM)EastCarolinaU. Wrote:  
(05-21-2014 01:05 PM)NBPirate Wrote:  I dont understand why our fans try to bring this crap over here as a brag. The kid may end up great, but he's no snag at the moment.

Dude, its off season and news. Why bother clicking the link that says Warning Bleacher Report: ECU quarterback best dual threat in the country

Where did I brag? I simply put the title of the article in the title, and guess what genius, I didnt write the article. I don't understand why our fans try to bring this crap over here and cry their way through every thread.

Do you see other schools posting this crap? Bleacher Report is not a reputable source. I clicked on it because I knew what it was about and wanted to make that statement.
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-21-2014 01:36 PM)pesik Wrote:  bleacher report 07-coffee3

and i understand missing 1 or 2 offers but that many from that many top schools?

Who cares.

2 time Championship team in 2008, 2009 as JR and SR's that beat ranked WVU, Va Tech, Boise, and your Houston etc

https://rivals.yahoo.com/eastcarolina/fo...ments/2005

4 NFL players in that class, not a single 3 star or better player.

Best players last year of a 10-3 team that ran North Carolina and NC State into the ground.......

QB Carden......no D1 offers best offer was Harvard....4200 yards pasing, 71%
WR Hardy.........walk on.......................................114 rec 1300 yards
RB Cooper........no offers, Juco QB move to RB...... 1250 yards rushing, 400 receving
WR I. Jones..... one offer to Ark St.......................62 rec yard 600 yards as a FR
LB D Johnson......can't even find his HS profile.......80 tackles best NFL prospect
DB Maggazu.....no D1 offers..................................80 tackles 5 ints last year
DL T. Williams...Kent State and Eastern Michigan.......350lb DL best we got
LB Grove..........2 star ...........................................Freshman All American

What was Chris Johnson ranked? Who offered him? This is football, players are build and our weight room and excel through a system.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 02:23 PM by StillJonesing.)
05-21-2014 01:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.