Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pro Golf - Hey some of our guys made cuts this week.
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Pro Golf - Hey some of our guys made cuts this week.
Ok, everyone's a little cranky for good reason. Pro Golf has been no different as our favorites have been slumping lately. But this week, a few have made cuts, so here's a quick run-down.

Mackenzie Hughes is likely to make the three round cut in the web.com BMW Pro-Am. Mackenzie is currently six under and that'll probably be the cut line. Hughes has missed his last three cuts and it would be good for him to get back on track. His golf has been skittish so far on the web.com tour as he just two of seven cuts and finished near the bottom in the two tournaments he made the cut. You can follow the tournament at http://www.pgatour.com/webcom/leaderboard.html

Ryan Yip is playing well in the Philippine Open (current tied for 18th after 3 rounds). It's the first cut he's made since joining the Asian Tour this spring. You can follow Ryan here: http://www.asiantour.com/tournaments/369/leaderboard/

John Hahn missed the cut at the Laguna Open and this week in Spain he shot (what would have been the greatest two rounds in my life) an 82-81 and missing the cut. Well, it's bound to happen. Again, John is having trouble getting into tournaments because he's fairly far down the current pecking order and will likely not play next week's BMW Championship, but should play in Sweden the week after.

Ben Curtis has missed 4 straight cuts since his fine performance in Houston. He is not scheduled to play next week at the Crowne Plaza Invitational.
05-17-2014 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Pro Golf - Hey some of our guys made cuts this week.
Ben is really baffling to me. I still very much remember him going toe to toe with Tiger in his prime when he won the British Open. Since then very little. He had to be 5+ standard deviations from his norm in that tournament. It's hard to believe that ever happened.
05-17-2014 04:28 PM
Advertisement

bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-17-2014 04:28 PM)burden Wrote:  Ben is really baffling to me. I still very much remember him going toe to toe with Tiger in his prime when he won the British Open. Since then very little. He had to be 5+ standard deviations from his norm in that tournament. It's hard to believe that ever happened.

Certainly a career highlight, but he has also won 3 other PGA tournaments, played on a Ryder Cup team and been ranked as high as 24th in the world at the end of 2008.

Only 240 or so players have won 5 or more PGA tournaments, so while Ben falls short of all-time great, he's had a wonderful career so far and he's 36 so he's not even necessarily at the tail end of his career yet.
05-17-2014 05:29 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I did forget about the Ryder Cup. That was pretty cool.
05-18-2014 07:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.