Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fox Sports: ACC Decision on Divisions will not be until August...
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Fox Sports: ACC Decision on Divisions will not be until August...
Pretty much in regards on what the NCAA Decides on how you can determine your Conference Champion in Football...from the article:

-- A decision on divisions likely won't be made until after August. Both the ACC and the Big 12 submitted legislation to the NCAA that would allow leagues with 12 or more teams and two divisions to not have to hold a championship game. That doesn't mean that Swofford wants to do away with the title game -- on the contrary, in fact -- it just means he wants the freedom to choose, as he told ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson.

http://msn.foxsports.com/carolinas/story...ngs-051614
05-17-2014 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MissouriStateBears Offline
All American

I Root For: Missouri State
RE: Fox Sports: ACC Decision on Divisions will not be until August...
Here is how I would set the ACC up.

Atlantic Division
Boston College
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
Pittsburgh
Syracuse

Coastal Division
Clemson
Duke
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
05-17-2014 02:59 PM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
That's nice...
05-17-2014 03:03 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
(05-17-2014 02:59 PM)MissouriStateBears Wrote:  Here is how I would set the ACC up.

Atlantic Division
Boston College
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
Pittsburgh
Syracuse

Coastal Division
Clemson
Duke
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

So give the Atlantic teams a sh*t-ton more travel expenses and make the ACC's best football program play northern schools it doesn't give a crap about? Makes sense.
05-17-2014 03:22 PM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
(05-17-2014 01:22 PM)Maize Wrote:  Pretty much in regards on what the NCAA Decides on how you can determine your Conference Champion in Football...from the article:

-- A decision on divisions likely won't be made until after August. Both the ACC and the Big 12 submitted legislation to the NCAA that would allow leagues with 12 or more teams and two divisions to not have to hold a championship game. That doesn't mean that Swofford wants to do away with the title game -- on the contrary, in fact -- it just means he wants the freedom to choose, as he told ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson.

Is just me, or did the reporter just totally screw up what the proposed legislation is? That part just makes no sense at all.

Both the ACC and the Big 12 submitted legislation to the NCAA that would allow leagues with 12 or more teams and two divisions to not have to hold a championship game. That doesn't mean that Swofford wants to do away with the title game -- on the contrary, in fact -- it just means he wants the freedom to choose, as he told ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson.

first, the legislation really is to have a CCG without divisions and without 12 teams. 2nd, the choice Swofford wants is to let the conference decide who plays in the CCG. How could the reporter screw this up so badly?
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2014 04:41 PM by goofus.)
05-17-2014 04:39 PM
Advertisement

BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(05-17-2014 04:39 PM)goofus Wrote:  
(05-17-2014 01:22 PM)Maize Wrote:  Pretty much in regards on what the NCAA Decides on how you can determine your Conference Champion in Football...from the article:

Is just me, or did the reporter just totally screw up what the proposed legislation is? That part just makes no sense at all.
There'd be no need for the Big12 to "not have to have" a CCG, they already don't have to have it, and if they wanted to drop down to 8 games, and declare a champion based on conference record and a set of tie-breakers, the Big Ten did that for years after they dropped down to eight games in the 1980's.

So it does sound like they got it reversed ~ conferences not having to have 12 schools and/or divisions to have a CCG.
05-17-2014 06:34 PM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
(05-17-2014 03:22 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  
(05-17-2014 02:59 PM)MissouriStateBears Wrote:  Here is how I would set the ACC up.

Atlantic Division
Boston College
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
Pittsburgh
Syracuse

Coastal Division
Clemson
Duke
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

So give the Atlantic teams a sh*t-ton more travel expenses and make the ACC's best football program play northern schools it doesn't give a crap about? Makes sense.

Crazy.

Just go North South

North Division

Boston College
Louisville
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

South Division

Clemson
Duke
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami
North Carolina
North Carolina State
05-19-2014 04:28 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
I'm all for geography and all that, but in order to allow Southern schools to save face, call the new divisions South and East, and split them like this:

East Division
Boston College
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Duke
North Carolina

South Division
Clemson
Louisville
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami
North Carolina State
Wake Forest

Play 4 games in your own division (2 permanent, 2 rotating) + 4 games in the other one (1 permanet, 3 rotating).
Take the best record from each division for the championship game.
05-19-2014 04:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
(05-19-2014 04:38 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I'm all for geography and all that, but in order to allow Southern schools to save face, call the new divisions South and East, and split them like this:

East Division
Boston College
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Duke
North Carolina

South Division
Clemson
Louisville
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami
North Carolina State
Wake Forest

Play 4 games in your own division (2 permanent, 2 rotating) + 4 games in the other one (1 permanet, 3 rotating).
Take the best record from each division for the championship game.

I see you switched Duke and Wake Forest.
05-19-2014 04:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.