Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Winston Publix video
WNCOrange Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Syracuse
Winston Publix video
Watch it and make your conclusion but I found it very odd. To walk back to the seafood section and lift them off the counter with the guy standing right there?

We may never know but there certainly appears to be more to the story than one of simple shoplifting.

VIDEO
05-16-2014 11:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
RE: Winston Publix video
It's over. He's received punishment and fulfilled his commitment and the suspension has ended. Nothing to see here.
05-16-2014 12:16 PM
Cody6003 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Louisville
(05-16-2014 12:16 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  It's over. He's received punishment and fulfilled his commitment and the suspension has ended. Nothing to see here.

You are correct. Kind of boring video. The ones on the TV show "caught on camera" are a lot more entertaining.
05-16-2014 12:54 PM
Advertisement

Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
(05-16-2014 11:58 AM)WNCOrange Wrote:  Watch it and make your conclusion but I found it very odd. To walk back to the seafood section and lift them off the counter with the guy standing right there?

We may never know but there certainly appears to be more to the story than one of simple shoplifting.

VIDEO

You're right, it's definitely a case of complex shoplifting.

I find it interesting that he didn't "appear to avoid deputies" at all, like was written in the Leon County Sheriff's Office report. Didn't see this supposed "pause".

Whether it was an accident or intentional, he paid the cost of the food, did his community service and sat out from athletics until those conditions were met. And although I think he probably intended to take the food without paying, let's assume it was an accident, would any of you actually have gone back to the store later just to pay $30? I wouldn't. That was something I couldn't believe "journalists" were being critical of him for when this story broke.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2014 01:05 PM by Marge Schott.)
05-16-2014 12:59 PM
Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
If it were an SEC player doing it, ESPN would have just glossed over it for a day. They obsess over non SEC programs that challenge their supremacy. That is why they made a big deal of USC/OSU scandals while dropping the SEC ones. And FSU is the big dog now so they will exaggerate every story they can find.
05-16-2014 01:01 PM
Advertisement

WNCOrange Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Syracuse
(05-16-2014 12:59 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  
(05-16-2014 11:58 AM)WNCOrange Wrote:  Watch it and make your conclusion but I found it very odd. To walk back to the seafood section and lift them off the counter with the guy standing right there?

VIDEO

You're right, it's definitely a case of complex shoplifting.

I find it interesting that he didn't "appear to avoid deputies" at all, like was written in the Leon County Sheriff's Office report. And there was only one officer at the door, so not sure why it was plural in the report either.

Whether it was an accident or intentional, he paid the cost of the food, did his community service and sat out from athletics until those conditions were met. And although I think he probably intended to take the food without paying, let's assume it was an accident, would any of you actually have gone back to the store later just to pay $30? I wouldn't. That was something I couldn't believe "journalists" were being critical of him for when this story broke.

Actually it looked to me like the guy behind the counter was in on it. The video appeared to be a sort of pick up. He walked straight back and found the crab waiting. Picked it up and left.

I am not going to go for some grand conspiracy that the store itself was involved but it certainly appears that one employee was. It was probably nothing more than a single guy who happened to be a fan giving out some free stuff without his employer knowing.

Either way it did not look like shoplifting.
05-16-2014 01:03 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

You do know there is video of him ordering the crab, then leaving and walking around, then coming back to pick it up after it was cooked, right?
05-16-2014 01:15 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(05-16-2014 12:59 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  And although I think he probably intended to take the food without paying, let's assume it was an accident, would any of you actually have gone back to the store later just to pay $30? I wouldn't.

I would have.

It's called morals. Check into it sometime.
05-17-2014 02:44 AM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

(05-17-2014 02:44 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(05-16-2014 12:59 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  And although I think he probably intended to take the food without paying, let's assume it was an accident, would any of you actually have gone back to the store later just to pay $30? I wouldn't.

I would have.

I figured Saint Swinney's Army would arrive sooner or later.
05-17-2014 03:06 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(05-17-2014 03:06 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  
(05-17-2014 02:44 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  

I would have.

I figured Saint Swinney's Army would arrive sooner or later.

It has nothing to do with Dabo. It has to do with doing what is right.
05-17-2014 06:26 PM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
Conspiracy theory:

20:53:21 walks in front door
20:53:14 walks past registers (7 seconds earlier than when he walked in front door)
Conclusion: Winston is really, really fast!

20:57:05 walks out front door
3:44 elapsed time
1:13 video length
Conclusion: Winston travels through the space-time continuum.
05-18-2014 04:05 PM
texasorange Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse Orange
(05-18-2014 04:05 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  Conspiracy theory:

20:53:14 walks past registers (7 seconds earlier than when he walked in front door)
Conclusion: Winston is really, really fast!

20:57:05 walks out front door
3:44 elapsed time
1:13 video length
Conclusion: Winston travels through the space-time continuum.

It's the Borg!!!
05-18-2014 06:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.