Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NY Times Fired Managing Editor Jill Abramson After She Asked For Equal Pay…
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
NY Times Fired Managing Editor Jill Abramson After She Asked For Equal Pay…
[Image: 2gwdw0w.jpg]

The supreme irony being the paper she ran has printed endless op-eds parroting Obama’s demands for equal pay for women. Once again, the overwhelming hypocrisy of the left is exposed. "Do as I say, not as I do", is the libs motto.

Quote:The question of why, exactly, Jill Abramson was fired as the top editor of the New York Times has been dominating media circles since the paper announced her departure on Wednesday. While the news was initially steeped in mystery, several reports have painted a picture of continual clashes between Abramson and the two other key players in the Times hierarchy: publisher Arthur Sulzberger, Jr. and Mark Thompson, the CEO of the New York Times company.

The most explosive charge came from the New Yorker’s Ken Auletta, who reported that Abramson had recently complained to her bosses after finding out that she was being paid “considerably less” than her male predecessor, Bill Keller:

“She confronted the top brass,” one close associate said, and this may have fed into the management’s narrative that she was “pushy,” a characterization that, for many, has an inescapably gendered aspect. Sulzberger is known to be believe that the Times, as a financially beleaguered newspaper, has had to retreat on some of its generous pay and pension benefits; Abramson had also been at the Times for many fewer years than Keller, having spent much of her career at the Wall Street Journal, accounting for some of the pension disparity. (I was also told by another friend of hers that the pay gap with Keller has since been closed.) But, to women at an institution that was once sued by its female employees for discriminatory practices, the question brings up ugly memories. Whether Abramson was right or wrong, both sides were left unhappy.

NPR’s David Folkenflik soon confirmed that Abramson had raised the issue of her pay with her superiors. [...]

Capital New York’s Joe Pompeo reported that one Times staffer, Alison Mitchell, told Sulzberger that Abramson’s ouster “wouldn’t sit well with a broad swath of female Times journalists who saw her as a role model.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/14...mg00000067
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014 09:43 PM by EagleRockCafe.)
05-14-2014 09:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
RE: NY Times Fired Managing Editor Jill Abramson After She Asked For Equal Pay…
Hahahahahahahaahahha......................breathe..............................Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If it weren't for double standards the left would have no standards at all. Who was the other broad to recently get canned from one of the dinosaurs? CBSsnooze, perhaps? Cause she dared to actually investigate something regarding the leftists in office today?

they'll figure it out some day. Perhaps Mss. Abramson a little sooner than others. haha
05-14-2014 09:47 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
How many Republican "war on women" articles did they print under her direction? Think she might like to edit some of them now?
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014 10:30 PM by Paul M.)
05-14-2014 10:29 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Quote:Sulzberger is known to be believe that the Times, as a financially beleaguered newspaper, has had to retreat on some of its generous pay and pension benefits
"financially beleaguered" is putting it very mildly.
05-14-2014 11:19 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
freaking skank didn't know her place.

. . . continual clashes between Abramson and the two other key players in the Times hierarchy: publisher Arthur Sulzberger, Jr. and Mark Thompson, the CEO . . .
05-15-2014 12:18 AM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
She was too bossy. There is a big difference between being an in the tank, partisan hack and a journalist. Hacks get paid a lot less, there a dime a dozen.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 06:52 AM by SumOfAllFears.)
05-15-2014 06:51 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
I've found that understanding reality prevents much time and energy whining and complaining. It also allows me to enjoy stories like this.
05-15-2014 07:26 AM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
They probably fired her because of her annoying voice. I would have.
05-15-2014 07:30 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
[Image: 2gwdw0w.jpg]
This face

[Image: not-person-of-the-year-NPOTY-MEGYN-KELLY.jpg]
Or This Face
05-15-2014 02:17 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(05-14-2014 10:29 PM)Paul M Wrote:  How many Republican "war on women" articles did they print under her direction? Think she might like to edit some of them now?

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao
05-15-2014 08:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.