Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

IRS "smidgen"
tigerjaws Offline
1st String

I Root For: tigers
IRS "smidgen"
Keep an eye on the IRS illegal activity....Gosh...like Benghazi, this ain't going away.....Pass the popcorn, C-Span entertainment will be better than anything on HBO.....Our Liar-in-Chief and his sheeple are going down in flames, as they should
05-14-2014 05:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: IRS "smidgen"
(05-14-2014 05:13 PM)tigerjaws Wrote:  Keep an eye on the IRS illegal activity....Gosh...like Benghazi, this ain't going away.....Pass the popcorn, C-Span entertainment will be better than anything on HBO.....Our Liar-in-Chief and his sheeple are going down in flames, as they should

Media are still keeping this much quieter than if it were another party in office.
05-14-2014 05:16 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
ace frehley-shock me.....

one of the many reasons I told the eye-r-s to fk off.....

bureaucratic joke festival....

how people haven't realized to band together based on relative cost of incarceration is beyond me.....

it's the gdam middle class that is getting arse raped

another duh momento in life....
05-14-2014 05:28 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/...targeting/

"Judicial Watch today released a new batch of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) documents revealing that its handling of Tea Party applications was directed out of the agency’s headquarters in Washington, DC. The documents also show extensive pressure on the IRS by Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) to shut down conservative-leaning tax-exempt organizations. The IRS’ emails by Lois Lerner detail her misleading explanations to investigators about the targeting of Tea Party organizations."

Somebody's got some explaining to do.
05-14-2014 08:39 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Whoooeeee, this is interesting. Pass the popcorn.
05-14-2014 08:45 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(05-14-2014 08:39 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/...targeting/

"Judicial Watch today released a new batch of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) documents revealing that its handling of Tea Party applications was directed out of the agency’s headquarters in Washington, DC. The documents also show extensive pressure on the IRS by Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) to shut down conservative-leaning tax-exempt organizations. The IRS’ emails by Lois Lerner detail her misleading explanations to investigators about the targeting of Tea Party organizations."

Guess we'll wait til tomorrow for tomthered to 'splain it to us...
05-14-2014 09:09 PM
Advertisement

EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
[Image: abmuco.jpg]

This guy should be in front of a Grand Jury. He broke the law. Of course the law doesn't mean squat to Dem Libs.
05-14-2014 09:29 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(05-14-2014 08:39 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/...targeting/

This one came in on the radio while I was on the way in. People are believing this is why Levin's not running for another term, in what would normally be a "guaranteed safe" district.
05-14-2014 09:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-14-2014 09:44 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  

This one came in on the radio while I was on the way in. People are believing this is why Levin's not running for another term, in what would normally be a "guaranteed safe" district.

I'm amazed someone "bright enough" to be elected to the Senate would be so stupid as to request something criminal in writing via government email.
05-14-2014 09:49 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-14-2014 09:29 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  [Image: abmuco.jpg]

This guy should be in front of a Grand Jury. He broke the law. Of course the law doesn't mean squat to Dem Libs.

It sure doesn't seem like IRSgate was initiated by some "low level flunkies" in Cincinnati now does it?
Now that these email are coming out you have to wonder just how high this went and who has Lois been protecting, Levin or higher?
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014 09:52 PM by mptnstr@44.)
05-14-2014 09:50 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(05-14-2014 09:50 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  

It sure doesn't seem like IRSgate was initiated by some "low level flunkies" in Cincinnati now does it?

Nothing to see here. move along.

Now, of course, the arbiter of what is and what isn't worthy of the government oversight role will step in here soon enough and say "nothing here, see I told you, it doesn't reach to the highest parts of the White House and that's the measure".

This isn't going away. In fact, it's only going to get better.
05-14-2014 09:53 PM
Advertisement

Brokeback Flamer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tight ends
Eric Holder won't let anything happen
05-14-2014 09:58 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(05-14-2014 09:49 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  
(05-14-2014 09:44 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  

I'm amazed someone "bright enough" to be elected to the Senate would be so stupid as to request something criminal in writing via government email.

I wondered the same thing, mn.. but, Levin read the email on the air, and what he read sounded pretty damning, and my thought process was... why would you put something on paper that could be pulled with a FOIA?
05-14-2014 10:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(05-14-2014 09:53 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

Now, of course, the arbiter of what is and what isn't worthy of the government oversight role will step in here soon enough and say "nothing here, see I told you, it doesn't reach to the highest parts of the White House and that's the measure".

Your response is really quite comical. What exactly do you think Levin was doing?

But I'd really love to know what the criminal activity was. Specifically, which law did Levin break?

It's not illegal for the IRS to go after any certain group of people who they think might be evading taxes more than another group. Not saying it's right and just, but it's not illegal. It's the IRS and it's what they do.

I'm sorry that you guys can't understand this. That's why you're going to continue to be disappointed in how this turns out. There is still no there there.
05-15-2014 09:44 AM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(05-15-2014 09:44 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Your response is really quite comical. What exactly do you think Levin was doing?

But I'd really love to know what the criminal activity was. Specifically, which law did Levin break?

It's not illegal for the IRS to go after any certain group of people who they think might be evading taxes more than another group. Not saying it's right and just, but it's not illegal. It's the IRS and it's what they do.

I'm sorry that you guys can't understand this. That's why you're going to continue to be disappointed in how this turns out. There is still no there there.

03-lmfao

There he is, right on cue.

Yep, and the good Mr. Cummings has his dirty hands all over the True the Vote harassment as well. It's no wonder the dims are as anxious as a whore in Church to get this thing over with. Haha.

The Flailing about, gnashing of teeth and accusations of Republicans acting like "Nazi's" (oooooh!!!) ought to be flying around any time now. This could get downright comical. And not just around here... /pops corn/
05-15-2014 09:56 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

05-bump

Hah hah laugh laugh deflect deflect. But you didn't answer the questions.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 10:23 AM by Redwingtom.)
05-15-2014 10:22 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

Tote that water bucket, Gunga.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 10:32 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
05-15-2014 10:31 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(05-15-2014 10:31 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Tote that water bucket, Gunga.

So you can't answer the question either?

Levin's been accused of criminal activity. What is it?

Stop being a mope like SOAF and engage in a calm, rational discussion. Or shut the **** up. Your choice.

If he committed a crime, he should be tried for it. I would take zero issue with that.
05-15-2014 11:39 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-15-2014 11:39 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  So you can't answer the question either?
Levin's been accused of criminal activity. What is it?
Stop being a mope like SOAF and engage in a calm, rational discussion. Or shut the **** up. Your choice.
If he committed a crime, he should be tried for it. I would take zero issue with that.

The question has already been answered above in this thread.

"The documents also show extensive pressure on the IRS by Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) to shut down conservative-leaning tax-exempt organizations."

That's an allegation at this point, and unproved. But if further evidence substantiates that, then pressuring the IRS to shut down organizations for political purposes is in fact illegal.

Capiche?
05-15-2014 11:49 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

First, as you say, this is just an opinion. Levin was just asking questions. That's always the right wing line isn't it? And he was only trying to shut down illegal activity. You have to separate that. Again, while inconvenienced (some quite mightily), no conservative groups were denied exempt status. None. Asking the IRS (or even pressuring them) to investigate is not criminal activity. He can't force them to do anything.
05-15-2014 11:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.