Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Now We Know What Happened to the Return SD State Game (football)
Bookmark and Share
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Now We Know What Happened to the Return SD State Game (football)
Looks like the return game was converted over to the basektball game this fall(with no return).

Looking forward to seeing the Aztec basektball team at FTA.

http://t.co/34mXjNcrQz

05-13-2014 02:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
RE: Now We Know What Happened to the Return SD State Game (football)
Great find. For some reason I thought the deal was two for one in favor or UC. I like the this trade off much better because UC has to travel to Xavier the following year. Too many true road game limits a school's ability to play in tournaments with three neutral site games or in one off classics.

05-13-2014 02:10 PM
BearcatShane09 Offline
1st String

That's a good game to have and as in tune with UC athletics as I am I have no idea how I missed the fact that VCU will be visiting Fifth Third arena this year. SDSU, VCU and XU at home and at NC State and Nebraska. Pretty solid slate of non conference games.

05-13-2014 07:04 PM
Advertisement

Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I really hope that we got some money out of this deal. A home football game is worth a LOT more than a home basketball game. $200k for the 2007 game doesn't come close to covering it.

Anyone have any info on the money SDSU paid us to make this happen?

05-14-2014 11:59 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Cap'n, they did pay us, but I do not remember how much.

SDSU is another example of a "mid-major" I would love to have on the schedule. Basketball is all about strength of schedule, and I could care less about playing some mid- to lower-Big Ten, ACC or SEC school (with the exception of very close geography, like UT or Purdue for example).

Line up Gonzaga, New Mexico, VCU, Wichita, or SDSU for me any day, and I won't be upset.

Basketball is one place where we don't need to get hung up on the "P5" BS.

05-18-2014 08:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.