New ACC logo leaked...
wildthing202 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ND & BC
New ACC logo leaked...
https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/...76/photo/1

Looks a bit sleeker than the old one.
05-13-2014 11:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
RE: New ACC logo leaked...
ACC Network? We're still thinking about it.
Altering Divisional Play? Nah, don't think so.
New logo? Fack yea!

Priorities.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014 01:17 PM by Marge Schott.)
05-13-2014 11:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UConnHusky Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn/Celts/Red Sox/Pats
I liked the old ACC logo better. On this new ACC logo, they just ripped off the font of the Big East's logo. The "A" in ACC is so similar to the "G" in BIG EAST:
http://www.bigeast.com/
05-13-2014 12:23 PM
OrangeXtreme Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Syracuse
Great. We have to repaint the turf again.
05-13-2014 12:33 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
(05-13-2014 11:54 AM)Marge Schott Wrote:  ACC Network? We're still thinking about it.
New logo? Fack yea!

Priorities.

On the surface I agree with you 100%; however, a Network doesn't get developed overnight and whether or not it happens remains to be seen. As for the divisions, why restructure divisions now when the ACC sponsored a change in how qualifiers for championships to the NCAA. But yes, a change in logo makes little sense at the present time considering issues to deal with.
05-13-2014 01:36 PM
7fielder Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pittsburgh
(05-13-2014 12:33 PM)OrangeXtreme Wrote:  Great. We have to repaint the turf again.

At least you guys are allowed to paint a logo on your turf...
05-13-2014 02:03 PM
Advertisement

Marge Schott Offline
Banned

(05-13-2014 01:36 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  
(05-13-2014 11:54 AM)Marge Schott Wrote:  ACC Network? We're still thinking about it.
New logo? Fack yea!

Priorities.

On the surface I agree with you 100%; however, a Network doesn't get developed overnight and whether or not it happens remains to be seen. As for the divisions, why restructure divisions now when the ACC sponsored a change in how qualifiers for championships to the NCAA. But yes, a change in logo makes little sense at the present time considering issues to deal with.

I remember ACC fans mentioning a network back in 2007 or 2008. Back in the early negotiating stages with ESPN when the conference was at 12 schools and was years away from adding Pitt, Cuse, UL and ND. Back when the Big Ten was making its network debut. Fast forward to today and literally nothing has progressed. I understand the new crew is likely thinking, "We just got here. Let's give them some time to get this network ball rolling." But the fact is the ball has either been rolling for years (albeit incredibly slowly) or is still waiting on the initial push to get it going. Data should've been analyzed long ago and received updates each year with tv trends, population, new membership, etc. It's not like this is an entirely novel concept that the ACC and ESPN are trying to figure out as they go along.

You don't HAVE to restructure divisions. But this is like the people saying yesterday that "You can't get rid of divisions when the NCAA hasn't approved it yet." You can conditionally vote on it and vote changes in. Yesterday the word was "8 games, 2 divisions, same crossovers as before, no other changes."
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014 02:17 PM by Marge Schott.)
05-13-2014 02:17 PM
nole Offline
1st String

I Root For: FSU
(05-13-2014 02:17 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  
New logo? Fack yea!

Priorities.

I remember ACC fans mentioning a network back in 2007 or 2008. Back in the early negotiating stages with ESPN when the conference was at 12 schools and was years away from adding Pitt, Cuse, UL and ND. Back when the Big Ten was making its network debut. Fast forward to today and literally nothing has progressed. I understand the new crew is likely thinking, "We just got here. Let's give them some time to get this network ball rolling." But the fact is the ball has either been rolling for years (albeit incredibly slowly) or is still waiting on the initial push to get it going. Data should've been analyzed long ago and received updates each year with tv trends, population, new membership, etc. It's not like this is an entirely novel concept that the ACC and ESPN are trying to figure out as they go along.

You don't HAVE to restructure divisions. But this is like the people saying yesterday that "You can't get rid of divisions when the NCAA hasn't approved it yet." You can conditionally vote on it and vote changes in. Yesterday the word was "8 games, 2 divisions, same crossovers as before, no other changes."

I pretty clearly remember Swofford saying years ago that an ACC Network was not viable.

That was before other conferences started sniffing around to snag ACC schools away. Now the ACC is in an internal loop of investigating such a network (and will it generate revenue?).
05-13-2014 02:38 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
New logo? Fack yea!

Priorities.

I have to assume that getting rid of divisions was already conditionally voted on. Why even waste the time sending paperwork to the NCAA, if there are no intentions of getting rid of divisions? Now, if the NCAA votes and approves on getting rid of divisions and the ACC keeps the status quo, I'd seriously question the point.

I understand your pessimism regarding the network. We shall see. I'm not getting my hopes up for sure.
05-13-2014 02:49 PM
CrazyPaco Offline
All American

I Root For:
New logo? Fack yea!

Priorities.

Right, because conference only deal with issues one at a time, in sequential order and logo design takes so much time and energy.

This must be how it works in some of your minds: all the ADs get around the table for days on end sketching out new logos, which obviously is followed by months of voting to settle on the one everyone likes. Obviously, it isn't what FSU and Clemson want.

Ugly logo? maybe. Unnecessary? maybe. Example of misplaced priorities that shows the conference isn't putting sufficient energy into other things?...that is just about the stupidest thing I've seen yet on this board, which is saying quite a bit.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014 02:57 PM by CrazyPaco.)
05-13-2014 02:49 PM
CrazyPaco Offline
All American

I Root For:
New logo? Fack yea!

Priorities.

What hasn't progressed? You mean, they haven't sent you meeting minutes with ESPN to keep you up to date? You're absolutely ridiculous.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014 02:53 PM by CrazyPaco.)
05-13-2014 02:51 PM
Advertisement

ACCslater Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Louisville
I liked the old one, but I think less is more when it comes to this stuff. When it comes to brand loyalty, I don't recreating yourself every decade has proven to be an effective strategy. That being said, the American logo is embarrassingly bad. This one just feels like its trying too hard to be sleek.
05-13-2014 03:00 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

(05-13-2014 02:49 PM)CrazyPaco Wrote:  
New logo? Fack yea!

Priorities.

Right, because conference only deal with issues one at a time, in sequential order and logo design takes so much time and energy.

This must be how it works in some of your minds: all the ADs get around the table for days on end sketching out new logos, which obviously is followed by months of voting to settle on the one everyone likes. Obviously, it isn't what FSU and Clemson want.

Ugly logo? maybe. Unnecessary? maybe. Example of misplaced priorities that shows the conference isn't putting sufficient energy into other things?...that is just about the stupidest thing I've seen yet on this board, which is saying quite a bit.

[Image: yolo.png]
05-13-2014 03:06 PM
HRFlossY Offline
1st String

I Root For: L' ville
(05-13-2014 03:00 PM)ACCslater Wrote:  I liked the old one, but I think less is more when it comes to this stuff. When it comes to brand loyalty, I don't recreating yourself every decade has proven to be an effective strategy. That being said, the American logo is embarrassingly bad. This one just feels like its trying too hard to be sleek.

The Big East went the "sleek" route in logo redesign when we joined in 05, so it's only fitting.04-cheers
FlossY out...04-wine
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014 03:07 PM by HRFlossY.)
05-13-2014 03:07 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

[Image: Bnh_VZMIcAEkE5K.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014 03:09 PM by Marge Schott.)
05-13-2014 03:08 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(05-13-2014 03:06 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  
New logo? Fack yea!

Priorities.

Is that a young Johnny Manziel?
05-13-2014 03:11 PM
Advertisement

Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I always thought it was a young Jeff Driskell. But apparently it's just some random, stupid kid that got memed or something.

Manziel looks like this kid from the show "The Middle":

[Image: atticus-shaffer-40th-annual-annie-awards...480382.jpg]
05-13-2014 03:25 PM
CrazyPaco Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-13-2014 03:11 PM)Dasville Wrote:  
New logo? Fack yea!

Priorities.

I think it is local hero Scott Angulo.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014 03:30 PM by CrazyPaco.)
05-13-2014 03:30 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

(05-13-2014 03:30 PM)CrazyPaco Wrote:  
(05-13-2014 03:11 PM)Dasville Wrote:  
(05-13-2014 01:36 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  On the surface I agree with you 100%; however, a Network doesn't get developed overnight and whether or not it happens remains to be seen. As for the divisions, why restructure divisions now when the ACC sponsored a change in how qualifiers for championships to the NCAA. But yes, a change in logo makes little sense at the present time considering issues to deal with.

I think it is local hero Scott Angulo.

[Image: 459.gif]
05-13-2014 03:38 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(05-13-2014 02:51 PM)CrazyPaco Wrote:  
New logo? Fack yea!

Priorities.

What hasn't progressed? You mean, they haven't sent you meeting minutes with ESPN to keep you up to date? You're absolutely ridiculous.

Alright, let's flip it around. Where's the proof that today we are closer to an ACC Network than we were last year this time. Show me some progress.
05-13-2014 04:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.