Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC’s Swofford said it hasn’t been determined if BYU, Army, Navy count as non-confere
E2THEX Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Pitt Panthers
ACC’s Swofford said it hasn’t been determined if BYU, Army, Navy count as non-confere
Brett McMurphy‏@McMurphyESPN·8m
ACC will require each school to play at least 1 Power 5 non-conference team starting in 2017

Brett McMurphy‏@McMurphyESPN·9m
ACC votes to remain at 8-game conference schedule

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · 4m
ACC’s Swofford said it hasn’t been determined if BYU, Army, Navy count as non-conference Power 5 opponent
05-12-2014 02:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
RE: ACC’s Swofford said it hasn’t been determined if BYU, Army, Navy count as non-confere
How could they? Navy will be in the AAC.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 02:22 PM by NBPirate.)
05-12-2014 02:22 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
RE: ACC’s Swofford said it hasn’t been determined if BYU, Army, Navy count as non-confere
Sooo... playing Army is ok, but playing UConn, Cincinnati, UCF, USF etc. is a problem.
05-12-2014 02:24 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: ACC’s Swofford said it has
(05-12-2014 02:24 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Sooo... playing Army is ok, but playing UConn, Cincinnati, UCF, USF etc. is a problem.

Some of the stuff coming out of this P5/G5 stuff is getting ridiculous. Its a fact that the best of the G5 is better than the bottom of the P5. Hell, in some cases, the top of the G5 can be better than champions from the P5. That's already been proven. Ignoring this fact has always been stupid. The current conversation deciding if Army counts as a "power" opponent just highlights how far removed from the on-field reality this debate has become----which is strange since this particular debate is directly related to strength of schedule issues.
05-12-2014 02:29 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
05-12-2014 02:37 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(05-12-2014 02:29 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 02:24 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Sooo... playing Army is ok, but playing UConn, Cincinnati, UCF, USF etc. is a problem.

Some of the stuff coming out of this P5/G5 stuff is getting ridiculous. Its a fact that the best of the G5 is better than the bottom of the P5. Hell, in some cases, the top of the G5 can be better than champions from the P5. That's already been proven. Ignoring this fact has always been stupid. The current conversation deciding if Army counts as a "power" opponent just highlights how far removed from the on-field reality this debate has become----which is strange since this particular debate is directly related to strength of schedule issues.

Agreed.

I have long stated that the moves from the past couple years was a deliberate hit job on schools like Boise, Cincinnati, UConn, USF, UCF, Houston, San Diego State, Fresno State*. In the minds of old guard power conference teams, these schools got too big for their britches. They saw the momentum these schools were having on the field, in recruiting, in facilities, growing fanbases that were not there before, etc. and had to make a move to put these schools "back in their place".

* Louisville and TCU would be in this category too but they slipped in underneath the fences.
05-12-2014 02:42 PM
Advertisement

KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
Time to invite Army 02-13-banana

Navy and Army make a nice political punch at the P5 which just happened.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 03:01 PM by KNIGHTTIME.)
05-12-2014 03:00 PM
ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

I Root For: American Rising
RE: ACC’s Swofford said...............
[Image: 49739295.jpg]

Friggin hilarious to see the warped sense of thinking of some of these "brilliant" commissioners.
05-12-2014 03:08 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
From the article - "As of Monday, Swofford was unsure if other independent schools like Army, Navy and BYU would count as a power conference foe."

I guess it specifically points out they are independent schools as opposed to be non P5 league schools.

But it is funny that Army or Navy would be considered a 'power conference foe' and AAC teams may not be?
05-12-2014 03:10 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(05-12-2014 03:10 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  From the article - "As of Monday, Swofford was unsure if other independent schools like Army, Navy and BYU would count as a power conference foe."

I guess it specifically points out they are independent schools as opposed to be non P5 league schools.

But it is funny that Army or Navy would be considered a 'power conference foe' and AAC teams may not be?

It is funny to me that Aresco might actually have this thing right about trying to get Army and BYU to go along with Navy. The military academies might end up being a big problem for the P5 to get around.
05-12-2014 03:14 PM
NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
Will the 5 ACC teams that must play Notre Dame in a given year be allowed to count that game?
05-12-2014 04:01 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(05-12-2014 02:20 PM)E2THEX Wrote:  Brett McMurphy‏@McMurphyESPN·8m
ACC will require each school to play at least 1 Power 5 non-conference team starting in 2017

ACC’s Swofford said it hasn’t been determined if BYU, Army, Navy count as non-conference Power 5 opponent

he needs to dermine whether wake forest, ncstate, syracuse. pitt and bc count as major opponents. Mike Slive called and told him no and to shut up.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 04:03 PM by shere khan.)
05-12-2014 04:02 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(05-12-2014 02:29 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

the in conference strength of schedule for the acc is so weak, the sec could put 2 teams in and they could be left out altogether if FSU slips up once.
05-12-2014 04:06 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
Yes the ND counts as a P5. I am glad the ACC is going the SEC route. I have no issues with NCSU playing G5 teams, but the FCS needs to go. As I stated my preference would be Local G5 (Home), G5 (Home), P5/G5Home & P5/G5 Away every year. Before Pirates fan yell, I think NCSU and ECU should be HOME and AWAY. Charlotte, App & ODU should be home only. I have a feeling ODU will be bought out. I think P5 teams should play G5 with 50k stadiums and/or 45K avg attendance for Home & Home. Under these should be one and done. I think that is fair.
05-12-2014 04:48 PM
Pirateoracle Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-12-2014 02:20 PM)E2THEX Wrote:  Brett McMurphy‏@McMurphyESPN·8m

How did this pos ACC unc scum bag get to decide....Let's declare our own rules.. We have our own deal with espn...we have our own bowl..let's only play p4 teams and nothing ACC gets on the schedule...
05-12-2014 05:05 PM
Pirateoracle Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-12-2014 04:48 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  Yes the ND counts as a P5. I am glad the ACC is going the SEC route. I have no issues with NCSU playing G5 teams, but the FCS needs to go. As I stated my preference would be Local G5 (Home), G5 (Home), P5/G5Home & P5/G5 Away every year. Before Pirates fan yell, I think NCSU and ECU should be HOME and AWAY. Charlotte, App & ODU should be home only. I have a feeling ODU will be bought out. I think P5 teams should play G5 with 50k stadiums and/or 45K avg attendance for Home & Home. Under these should be one and done. I think that is fair.

Any team that only wins 3 games and Zero conference games should not be talking about excluding anybody...
05-12-2014 05:14 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
Since they're already playing ND this isn't that big a deal. I do believe AAC teams should meet criteria if u include Navy. How can they not.
05-12-2014 05:53 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-12-2014 05:14 PM)Pirateoracle Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 04:48 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  Yes the ND counts as a P5. I am glad the ACC is going the SEC route. I have no issues with NCSU playing G5 teams, but the FCS needs to go. As I stated my preference would be Local G5 (Home), G5 (Home), P5/G5Home & P5/G5 Away every year. Before Pirates fan yell, I think NCSU and ECU should be HOME and AWAY. Charlotte, App & ODU should be home only. I have a feeling ODU will be bought out. I think P5 teams should play G5 with 50k stadiums and/or 45K avg attendance for Home & Home. Under these should be one and done. I think that is fair.

Any team that only wins 3 games and Zero conference games should not be talking about excluding anybody...

Just stating what you get to do when you are in the P5, you get at least 7 home games and make ten times or more what schools down east make. 03-lmfao
05-12-2014 09:03 PM
Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
(05-12-2014 09:03 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  

Just stating what you get to do when you are in the P5, you get at least 7 home games and make ten times or more what schools down east make. 03-lmfao

Just more money for Debbie Yow to spend. COGS 02-13-banana COGS
05-12-2014 09:28 PM
Pirateoracle Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-12-2014 09:03 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  

How's that workin out...oh yeah worst D1 record in the state..considering your on field performance looks like a total waste of money...hope you've enjoyed the last 2 beat downs by that team down east..Say it out loud so it sinks in how bad you suck..you got beat by every conference team you played last year..and dominated by ECU...I mean it sucks to be you..great hire with Yow ...
you'll need that money..little debbie broke Maryland..Your in good hands..Lol..
05-12-2014 10:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.