Just my personal opinion! 07-coffee3
05-07-2014 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ivet Offline
1st String

I Root For: ThePaul, Hoya
RE: This board appears to be dying!
for the UmTENTH time! we do not post here, we are on another board. we got tired of all the trolls coming in and badmouthing the Big East and claiming that their conference is far more superior and deserve the money that we are getting.
05-08-2014 09:44 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
(05-08-2014 09:44 AM)ivet Wrote:  for the UmTENTH time! we do not post here, we are on another board. we got tired of all the trolls coming in and badmouthing the Big East and claiming that their conference is far more superior and deserve the money that we are getting.

To be fair, that St. John's admin pissed off a fair portion of fans here before he was ousted as well. This site got a lot of complaints about him before he was removed as a moderator and threw his hissy fit.
05-08-2014 10:39 AM
stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(05-08-2014 10:39 AM)mlb Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 09:44 AM)ivet Wrote:  for the UmTENTH time! we do not post here, we are on another board. we got tired of all the trolls coming in and badmouthing the Big East and claiming that their conference is far more superior and deserve the money that we are getting.

To be fair, that St. John's admin pissed off a fair portion of fans here before he was ousted as well. This site got a lot of complaints about him before he was removed as a moderator and threw his hissy fit.

Oh he's still over there acting the fool like normal.
05-08-2014 01:08 PM
billyjack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Providence
(05-08-2014 01:08 PM)stever20 Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 10:39 AM)mlb Wrote:  

Oh he's still over there acting the fool like normal.

Please, Redman is a great poster and I'm glad he's at the new site.
Redman responded to a bunch of uninformed clowns and got no support from the admins... there are no limits to how people can trash the Big East... but there are tight limits with locked threads protecting football school fans.

The best thing BE fans have done is leave this site.
There are few people around anymore that are worth reading.

this is what I've learned from Wilkie after 4 years:
07-coffee3 07-coffee3 07-coffee3 07-coffee3 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 02:20 PM by billyjack.)
05-08-2014 02:15 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

Redman is an arrogant jerk who a lot of folks on the other site hate as well...

You just think everyone has to have a love fest with the Big East, and that's just not right. All isn't right with the Big East. The problem on the other board is that the other posters on there don't want to hear it so any one who disagrees is censored and can't post freely. Debate is good when both sides can post freely and look at all the points. That board has become nothing more than a cheerleading forum for the big east- with you as the leader just about.

I know I got censored when I dared to look at the Creighton schedule and the possible impact when Gibbs got hurt- and what the difference between what had been said and what was new changed would mean. That's just total bull****. They thought I was taking glee in the injury. No I was ******* trying to analyze what the difference was.
05-08-2014 02:41 PM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
(05-08-2014 02:15 PM)billyjack Wrote:  I'm glad he's at the new site.

So are the admins and posters here. It sucks the Big East crew has gone their separate way, but to be honest there were never that many here to begin with. A few Marquette and Georgetown fans, 1 DePaul fan, a couple Providence fans, and maybe a couple St. John's fans. I'm not sure I ever saw a post from any Seton Hall, Creighton, or Butler fans here. I think there was 1 Xavier fan.
05-08-2014 03:37 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
I prefer tthis site but what can u do? Ibdo get the point about the bashing trolls. Thwyvarw still at it on the aac board. I think their thread about the BE B1G challenge, most of it bashing the BE, is longer than the thread on the BE board!01-wingedeagle
05-08-2014 05:27 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

and look at the other board. A lot of the other guys there do nothing but bash the AAC. It's stupid- the AAC had a damn good year- any one with a brain knows that- but a lot of big east folks don't want to acknowledge that fact. A lot of folks over there have severe little man syndrome. Like you can't say that the AAC was better than anyone expected. It'd dumb as anything. A lot of folks over there want to think that because Marquette, Georgetown, St John's were better than Houston, USF, UCF, and Temple that means the Big East was better than the AAC. Most folks don't think that way. I'd rather have what SMU had this year missing the NCAA but going to the NIT final over Xavier and them making the NCAA but losing in the play in game. For what SMU is doing, that sets them up better for next year. Big East needs to step up it's game. Nothing wrong in saying that- pretty much every media person around thinks that. But for some over there- folks want to act like that is blasphemy- like you have to drink the Kool-Aid 100% of the time and say nothing wrong about the Big East. It's dangerous and not realistic.

My point is simple- on this Big East board- the moderators need to take care of the AAC folks who bash the Big East on here. What they do on the AAC board is meaningless. Let them bash away over there. Also remember Redman was notorious on going over to that board and bashing the AAC there. I think he got banned there. That's fair.
05-08-2014 10:56 PM
billyjack Offline
1st String

Stever dude,
You have 14,000 posts on this site.
You have 1,800 posts on the other site.
Your opinions are well known to everyone.
ALMOST SIXTEEN THOUSAND POSTS...!
SIXTEEN THOUSAND!!!
And your predictions are always wrong.
And people don't get mad at you because you're a buzzkill wet blanket... it's because you're a buzzkill wet blanket that is always wrong who needs to get the last fvcking word on every topic and who posts hundreds of times a day... nobody is restricting you on sharing your opinion.

Stop playing the gd sad sack victim anytime anyone calls you out on your gd concern troll bull****.

Here, I'll end on a good note: you informed us that an RPI of 50 or better is just around the cutoff point for getting an ncaa bid. Thank you for that. For all the other ****, thanks for giving me a headache.
05-09-2014 08:28 AM
stever20 Online
Legend

my predictions are always wrong? Are you serious? I was the one who was saying the Big East would have problems getting 4 teams in this year. And what the **** happened? The Big East came damn close to having 2 teams in. Xavier was the next to last team in and Providence had to win the Big East to get in the tourney. Then the conference did nothing in the tournament. But the Big East is just fine.. I'm sorry- but for Providence that may be ok(I can see how it would be given the sad state of PC basketball the last decade)- but for Georgetown this year isn't acceptable at all. I don't want that to be the new reality. The Big East made a huge gamble taking more FS1 money over ESPN exposure.

And yes on the other site my opinions are restricted. I can't post freely because folks don't want to hear it. They just want to hear everyone sing kumbaya.
05-09-2014 08:50 AM
Advertisement

billyjack Offline
1st String

You have 1800+ posts at the other site.
I have 700+ posts over there.
You are not restricted.
You are not banned.

What was the Big East's record vs the Big Ten this past year?
Was it 6-6...?
If you can't answer "yes" to that question, then you're a concern troll.
05-09-2014 09:06 AM
stever20 Online
Legend

I am restricted.... Go look...

And who cares what the Big East record vs the Big Ten was last year(it was 5-5). If you think this year was fine on any level for the Big East that just shows how small time you PC fans are. This year was pretty close to a failure for the Big East on any level. 4 NCAA spots sounds great- but 2 were 11 or 12 seeds. That's not good. The 2 top teams didn't make it out of the first weekend. TV ratings were not good at all. Plus our spin off conference had a team that won the National Title. Yeah- that's just a great season.
05-09-2014 09:14 AM
MUAvalanche Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(05-09-2014 08:50 AM)stever20 Wrote:  my predictions are always wrong? Are you serious? I was the one who was saying the Big East would have problems getting 4 teams in this year. And what the **** happened? The Big East came damn close to having 2 teams in. Xavier was the next to last team in and Providence had to win the Big East to get in the tourney. Then the conference did nothing in the tournament. But the Big East is just fine.. I'm sorry- but for Providence that may be ok(I can see how it would be given the sad state of PC basketball the last decade)- but for Georgetown this year isn't acceptable at all. I don't want that to be the new reality. The Big East made a huge gamble taking more FS1 money over ESPN exposure.

And yes on the other site my opinions are restricted. I can't post freely because folks don't want to hear it. They just want to hear everyone sing kumbaya.

I enjoy the debate with you stever, so its unfortunate that the site is on life support. I still have no plan to overreact to one season, on court or television-wise, just like I didn't overreact to 2007 (SU, WVU, UConn all missed the tournament, only 6 teams got in). How many people remember 2007? Now, there is some work to do to make this past season the exception and not the rule, but I can't go all Chicken Little just yet.
05-09-2014 09:25 AM
stever20 Online
Legend

(05-09-2014 09:25 AM)MUAvalanche Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 08:50 AM)stever20 Wrote:  my predictions are always wrong? Are you serious? I was the one who was saying the Big East would have problems getting 4 teams in this year. And what the **** happened? The Big East came damn close to having 2 teams in. Xavier was the next to last team in and Providence had to win the Big East to get in the tourney. Then the conference did nothing in the tournament. But the Big East is just fine.. I'm sorry- but for Providence that may be ok(I can see how it would be given the sad state of PC basketball the last decade)- but for Georgetown this year isn't acceptable at all. I don't want that to be the new reality. The Big East made a huge gamble taking more FS1 money over ESPN exposure.

I enjoy the debate with you stever, so its unfortunate that the site is on life support. I still have no plan to overreact to one season, on court or television-wise, just like I didn't overreact to 2007 (SU, WVU, UConn all missed the tournament, only 6 teams got in). How many people remember 2007? Now, there is some work to do to make this past season the exception and not the rule, but I can't go all Chicken Little just yet.

I can go with that. But my point is a lot of folks on that other site just would have you think that all is well and there's no issues- and this year was just an incredible year.

Also, I would say that as long as we have only 10 teams, we're going to see some of the issues we had this year permanently. Our 4th/5th/6th teams going 10-8 or 9-9 are going to put themselves square on the bubble all of the time. To me, that's an issue that we need to square away. There's this quaint notion of the beauty of the round robin- but in 2014- that just isn't practical. Not when you have all but 2 of the other top 10 conferences not having round robins. You ask how in the world the A10 can get 6 teams into the tourney while Big East struggled to get 4? That's why.
05-09-2014 09:38 AM
stever20 Online
Legend

also, I would say a difference between this year and 2007 is that while we got 6 in that year- none were bubble teams at all(lowest seed was a 9). Also, West Virginia won the NIT. This year- 2 of the 4 teams that got in were bubble teams or had to win the conference to get in. This year was much more of a struggle than 2007.
05-09-2014 09:52 AM
Advertisement

MUAvalanche Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(05-09-2014 09:38 AM)stever20 Wrote:  I can go with that. But my point is a lot of folks on that other site just would have you think that all is well and there's no issues- and this year was just an incredible year.

Also, I would say that as long as we have only 10 teams, we're going to see some of the issues we had this year permanently. Our 4th/5th/6th teams going 10-8 or 9-9 are going to put themselves square on the bubble all of the time. To me, that's an issue that we need to square away. There's this quaint notion of the beauty of the round robin- but in 2014- that just isn't practical. Not when you have all but 2 of the other top 10 conferences not having round robins. You ask how in the world the A10 can get 6 teams into the tourney while Big East struggled to get 4? That's why.

JpSchmack did an interesting piece in another thread about the 10 team issue and I can see the issue. As a fan I really like the double round robin format, but I can see where the right scheduling could have benefitted 1 or 2 teams.

That being said, I can understand why this is being phased in over a number of years, even at the expense of NCAA tournament teams. I believe that the conference is going to be at 10 for 2-5 years, get its bearings, see what the landscape on the outside is and then consider its options. Who knows what options will be available, or what the landscape will look like at that time.
05-09-2014 10:00 AM
stever20 Online
Legend

I think really if next year is similar to this year- the Big East isn't going to have a choice. Especially when attractive expansion candidates like VCU, SLU, and Dayton are doing as well as they are. That's the other part of this in my opinion. When you transpose what the Big East is doing compared to how well A10(and especially some of the attractive expansion teams)- and AAC are doing- it's not happening in a vaccum.
05-09-2014 10:05 AM
LouPower Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Saint Louis
(05-09-2014 10:05 AM)stever20 Wrote:  I think really if next year is similar to this year- the Big East isn't going to have a choice. Especially when attractive expansion candidates like VCU, SLU, and Dayton are doing as well as they are. That's the other part of this in my opinion. When you transpose what the Big East is doing compared to how well A10(and especially some of the attractive expansion teams)- and AAC are doing- it's not happening in a vaccum.

We have the same chance of seeing NBA games in St. Louis that we do Big East games. It's 10 and will not change.
05-09-2014 10:57 AM
stever20 Online
Legend

(05-09-2014 10:57 AM)LouPower Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 10:05 AM)stever20 Wrote:  I think really if next year is similar to this year- the Big East isn't going to have a choice. Especially when attractive expansion candidates like VCU, SLU, and Dayton are doing as well as they are. That's the other part of this in my opinion. When you transpose what the Big East is doing compared to how well A10(and especially some of the attractive expansion teams)- and AAC are doing- it's not happening in a vaccum.

We have the same chance of seeing NBA games in St. Louis that we do Big East games. It's 10 and will not change.

Totally disagree. I don't think the big time programs in the Big East will sit back and be ok with struggling to get 3-4 teams in the tourney with a large part of that the round robin. Like I said 10 is quaint and all- but it's just not realistic in 2014. Especially if the Big East goes thru another year next year like this year- just will not have a choice.
05-09-2014 11:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.