Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Homosexual activists?
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
Homosexual activists?
City suspends Christian employee and pastor, then begins reviewing his sermons?

May 6, 2014

According to the Los Angeles Times, Pasadena city officials placed Public Health Director Eric Walsh on temporary paid administrative leave last week after they learned he preached biblical truth about homosexuality and evolution.

After the city was contacted by homosexual activists, city leaders removed him from office, and is now monitoring and analyzing Pastor Walsh's online sermons as part of their witch hunt.

Not only is this a case of religious discrimination, it has become a catalyst for systematically intimidating any public official who would speak about their Christian faith as a private citizen.

Walsh, an associate pastor at Altadena Seventh-day Adventist Church, was hired as the director of Pasadena's Public Health Department in 2010. He also served as the city's public health officer and oversaw the creation of a dental clinic that served low-income patients, as well as those with HIV/AIDS who could not get care elsewhere.

Pastor Walsh was scheduled as the commencement speaker for the city's college, Pasadena City College. Instead, the city's action has caused the college to scratch those plans and invited Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black instead.

Recently the college found stolen photographs of Black and an ex-boyfriend engaged in sexual acts on Internet gossip sites, but that didn't seem to matter.

You can immediately send an email to Pasadena City Mayor Bill Bogaard and all seven city council members, urging them to stop their discrimination against Pastor Walsh and immediately.
05-06-2014 07:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
RE: Homosexual activists?
The idiots here will start in with their gross misunderstanding of the Establishment Clause.
05-06-2014 08:16 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
The Gaystapo is no longer a catchy political put down, it is quite simply what the homosexual activist they become... 21st century brown shirts.

"Not only is this a case of religious discrimination, it has become a catalyst for systematically intimidating any public official who would speak about their Christian faith as a private citizen."

This is incorrect, they are also going after private citizens who speak about their faith, even one which is probably not truly an orthodox Christian faith like Seventh-day Adventist.
05-06-2014 08:20 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

It is going to backfire. Fact is, there are a lot more Christians in this country than there are homosexuals... at least 10X as many. Sure, most have been programmed to believe they have to give into all demands to practice "tolerance", but at some point the majority is going to be pushed beyond the brink.
05-06-2014 08:23 AM
OLD DIRTY Offline
Banned

I Root For: Old Dominion
You cant even say the word homo on the internet now without repercussions. Just ask Jerry... nevermind he's banned permanetly for it.
05-06-2014 08:24 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
Quote: In those talks, Walsh condemned homosexuality, Muslims and popular culture. In the sermons, many of which were given before Walsh was hired as public health director in 2010, he also describes Darwin’s theory of evolution as a satanic belief and condemns other denominations of Christianity, including Catholicism.

http://www.dailynews.com/social-affairs/...pastor-pay

Seems to me the City should have done some more vetting before ever hiring him as public health director.
05-06-2014 08:24 AM
Advertisement

ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

Quote:[Image: 403301_10150552225058531_579043143_n-224x300.jpg]

Dr. Eric Walsh was born in Hartford, Connecticut and is a graduate of Oakwood University, The University of Miami School of Medicine (Miami, FL), and Loma Linda University School of Public Health (Loma Linda, CA).

He is currently the Director/Health Officer for the City of Pasadena Health Department in Pasadena, CA, as well as being the immediate former President of the California Academy of Preventive Medicine. Dr. Walsh is on staff at the Loma Linda University School of Medicine in the Family Medicine Department and lectures for multiple programs at Loma Linda University. He is also an adjunct Professor at the University of California Irvine.

Dr. Walsh served under the current and previous White House Administrations on the Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS. He has served on committees with the Centers for Disease Control and has worked with many grass roots organizations in Southern California to improve the health of at-risk populations.

He is also an associate Pastor, here at the Altadena Seventh-day Adventist Church in Altadena, CA. Dr. Walsh is a much sought-after speaker with his ministry taking him all over the world. He is dedicated to serving the Lord through his preaching and medical ministries.

He is married to the former Annette Taylor and they are the proud parents of three children.

Fired for his Faith? Folks this is a wake up call? 07-coffee3
05-06-2014 09:35 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
The fagtivists are ruining everything that goes against their beliefs. The retards on the left not only let it happen, but they encourage it. That's when you know this nation has truly gone to shiit.
05-06-2014 10:06 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Nothing gets in the way of Big Gay. Not even Diversity.

(Big Gay as in the high-level institutional ID of a society-wide group)
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 10:15 AM by Lord Stanley.)
05-06-2014 10:14 AM
MemphisTiger15 Offline
Banned

I Root For: an AAC 'ship
(05-06-2014 10:06 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  fagtivists

03-lmfao
05-06-2014 10:32 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(05-06-2014 10:32 AM)MemphisTiger15 Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 10:06 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  fagtivists

03-lmfao

03-thumbsup 04-cheers
05-06-2014 10:36 AM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
It's a good term for them. 03-lmfao
05-06-2014 10:38 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(05-06-2014 10:38 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  It's a good term for them. 03-lmfao

Fits them well lol...
05-06-2014 11:02 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(05-06-2014 08:23 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  It is going to backfire. Fact is, there are a lot more Christians in this country than there are homosexuals... at least 10X as many. Sure, most have been programmed to believe they have to give into all demands to practice "tolerance", but at some point the majority is going to be pushed beyond the brink.

Really? Tell me why things will change.

The pastors are trained at seminaries that are led by those who insist that the Church should be active in little else but singing the proper hymns.

US Churches are led by cowards who are willful in training other cowards.

They idolize their cowardice with excuses about the Great Commission or the Great Commandment.

Look at the garbage that is published in Christianity Today. And look at what it avoids discussing.

Look at Jerry Bridges piece of crap book, "Respectable Sins".

Listen to the nonsense that gets put on Christian radio.

Frankly, Tom in Lazybrook may have been right about US churches, but not in the way he thinks. He said that many are happy to let things pass hoping for the 2nd Coming (and presumably the "rapture"). He said it in context of Israel and a few other eschatological issues.

I say he may be right about letting things pass, but that many church leaders are looking forward to increased persecution. They are selling out Christians (and their children) to a hostile, hateful, violent environment.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 11:26 AM by DrTorch.)
05-06-2014 11:26 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(05-06-2014 10:14 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Nothing gets in the way of Big Gay. Not even Diversity.

(Big Gay as in the high-level institutional ID of a society-wide group)

Is this the new McCarthysim?
05-06-2014 11:28 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
So is Pasadena going to monitor Muslim sermons?
05-06-2014 06:27 PM
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
The gays are really starting to p1ss me off.
05-06-2014 06:48 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(05-06-2014 08:20 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  The Gaystapo is no longer a catchy political put down, it is quite simply what the homosexual activist they become... 21st century brown shirts.

"Not only is this a case of religious discrimination, it has become a catalyst for systematically intimidating any public official who would speak about their Christian faith as a private citizen."

This is incorrect, they are also going after private citizens who speak about their faith, even one which is probably not truly an orthodox Christian faith like Seventh-day Adventist.

It's becoming known as the Gay Mafia.
05-06-2014 06:55 PM
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

(05-06-2014 06:55 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  It's becoming known as the Gay Mafia.

That's exactly what PBS calls them? I don't get it?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/...e-vatican/
05-06-2014 07:12 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(05-06-2014 07:12 PM)ODU BLUE Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 06:55 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  It's becoming known as the Gay Mafia.

That's exactly what PBS calls them? I don't get it?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/...e-vatican/

What I find most interesting is their targeting of people because of their beliefs is called Tolerance, when Christians or conservatives suggest that someone's beliefs are misguided they are called BIGOTS.
05-06-2014 07:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.