Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Updated Look at Nippert Stadium Renovation (Video Fly-Through)
stxrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Updated Look at Nippert Stadium Renovation (Video Fly-Through)
For those who have been interested or following the project, Yahoo ran a story today with an updated look at the Nippert Stadium renovation. This new project should generate at least $4 million / year in additional football ticket revenue, and I would expect UC's athletic budget to increase by about $5-7 million as a result of this project alone.

Includes a cool video fly-through of the addition and an overall look of the new stadium. Looks like an amazing addition to the stadium and will be worth a visit if your team comes to play there.

Nippert Stadium Update and Fly-Through
05-02-2014 02:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Updated Look at Nippert Stadium Renovation (Video Fly-Through)
That looks nice. Hope that we get to renew the battle for the Keg of Nails sooner rather than later. Trips to Nippert have always been fun.
05-02-2014 06:19 PM
1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor
(05-02-2014 02:19 PM)stxrunner Wrote:  For those who have been interested or following the project, Yahoo ran a story today with an updated look at the Nippert Stadium renovation. This new project should generate at least $4 million / year in additional football ticket revenue, and I would expect UC's athletic budget to increase by about $5-7 million as a result of this project alone.

Includes a cool video fly-through of the addition and an overall look of the new stadium. Looks like an amazing addition to the stadium and will be worth a visit if your team comes to play there.

Nippert Stadium Update and Fly-Through

Looks nice and it should not only improve the atmosphere and budget but also should help recruiting.
05-02-2014 06:44 PM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
Looks terrific. Keep positioning yourself for the next round of potential realignment. That is a very wise approach, IMHO. Even if that ship never comes in, you are distancing yourself from the other G5 programs.

Once this is finished, get to work on that new basketball arena. That has to be next in the queue.
05-03-2014 10:22 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
very cool
05-03-2014 01:31 PM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(05-03-2014 10:22 AM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  Looks terrific. Keep positioning yourself for the next round of potential realignment. That is a very wise approach, IMHO. Even if that ship never comes in, you are distancing yourself from the other G5 programs.

Once this is finished, get to work on that new basketball arena. That has to be next in the queue.

It is and expect to hear something in the next few months. The AD, university president and Board of Trustees are all over it.
05-03-2014 01:50 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
It's good to see UC making these moves!
05-03-2014 05:48 PM
bseer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WVU
How much is UC spending on this? ROI?
05-03-2014 07:38 PM
FreshPrinceOfDarkness Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Texas Tech
Very impressive. Is the plan to add suites now for monied alumni and later to rely on those alumni to fund expanded seating capacity?
05-03-2014 08:26 PM
Advertisement

MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
Looks nice. Congrats.
05-03-2014 09:23 PM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(05-03-2014 07:38 PM)bseer Wrote:  How much is UC spending on this? ROI?

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/bl...ppert.html

The University of Cincinnati is moving right along in its huge, $86 million renovation of Nippert Stadium.
Turner Construction is still on track and on budget to finish the overhaul by August 2015, UC Athletic Director Mike Bohn told me on Thursday. The renovation of the 89-year-old football stadium nestled into UC’s campus will boost capacity from 35,097 to around 40,000.

UC has sold out 14 suites at $1 million each for multiyear deals and three of its four founders suites at $500,000 each, Bohn said. It has also sold 660 of the 1,099 club seats.
05-03-2014 09:25 PM
texasorange Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse Orange
(05-03-2014 09:25 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 07:38 PM)bseer Wrote:  How much is UC spending on this? ROI?

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/bl...ppert.html

The University of Cincinnati is moving right along in its huge, $86 million renovation of Nippert Stadium.
Turner Construction is still on track and on budget to finish the overhaul by August 2015, UC Athletic Director Mike Bohn told me on Thursday. The renovation of the 89-year-old football stadium nestled into UC’s campus will boost capacity from 35,097 to around 40,000.

UC has sold out 14 suites at $1 million each for multiyear deals and three of its four founders suites at $500,000 each, Bohn said. It has also sold 660 of the 1,099 club seats.
Very nice!
05-04-2014 07:33 PM
mac6115cd Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
It just goes to show that there's been an untapped wealthy sector of the UC fan base that's been ignored for years. Nice to see that problem being resolved.
05-04-2014 08:51 PM
Advertisement

stxrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
(05-03-2014 08:26 PM)FreshPrinceOfDarkness Wrote:  Very impressive. Is the plan to add suites now for monied alumni and later to rely on those alumni to fund expanded seating capacity?

Priority number one for the athletic department is establishing a dependable revenue source. Since UC can't depend on a large TV contract to provide revenue, UC is making (IMO) a smart investment in high dollar seats in their stadium rather than just standard bleacher capacity. The demand from wealthier alumni and especially the multitude of fortune 500 companies in the Cincinnati area made this possible.

This project is also doubling the amount of concessions and restrooms in the stadium, and updating a lot of those facilities that already existed. This has been one of the larger problems from a fan experience standpoint (as anyone who traveled there can probably attest). It's going to be a beautiful and historic stadium to watch a game when complete.

To your main point, if UC were to be invited to a power conference, I'd wager you'd see another round of expansion with another boost in capacity to ~48k.
05-05-2014 12:55 PM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(05-05-2014 12:55 PM)stxrunner Wrote:  To your main point, if UC were to be invited to a power conference, I'd wager you'd see another round of expansion with another boost in capacity to ~48k.
Precisely ... while for the luxury suites, rather than increasing the number, they'd increase the asking price.
05-05-2014 12:59 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(05-04-2014 08:51 PM)mac6115cd Wrote:  It just goes to show that there's been an untapped wealthy sector of the UC fan base that's been ignored for years. Nice to see that problem being resolved.

I'd say a combo of wealthy alumni and corporations like P+G, Cintas, etc...Cincy is home to a lot of corporations.
05-05-2014 01:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(05-05-2014 01:19 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(05-04-2014 08:51 PM)mac6115cd Wrote:  It just goes to show that there's been an untapped wealthy sector of the UC fan base that's been ignored for years. Nice to see that problem being resolved.

I'd say a combo of wealthy alumni and corporations like P+G, Cintas, etc...Cincy is home to a lot of corporations.

We have Ten Fortune 500 companies who are headquartered here. We have more Fortune 500 companies per capita than Los Angeles, New York or Chicago. The list:

Kroger
Proctor & Gamble*
Macy's
Ashland Inc.
Fifth Third Bancorp
Omnicare
General Cable Corp
AK Steel
Western & Southern Financial Group
American Financial Group

* FYI, Nippert Stadium is actually the James Gamble Nippert Memorial Stadium. The namesake's maternal great-grandfather founded Proctor & Gamble. James Gamble Nippert played football at UC and died following complications of a spike injury sustained in a game during the 1923 season.
05-05-2014 01:35 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(05-05-2014 01:35 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 01:19 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

We have Ten Fortune 500 companies who are headquartered here. We have more Fortune 500 companies per capita than Los Angeles, New York or Chicago. The list:

Kroger
Proctor & Gamble*
Macy's
Ashland Inc.
Fifth Third Bancorp
Omnicare
General Cable Corp
AK Steel
Western & Southern Financial Group
American Financial Group

* FYI, Nippert Stadium is actually the James Gamble Nippert Memorial Stadium. The namesake's maternal great-grandfather founded Proctor & Gamble. James Gamble Nippert played football at UC and died following complications of a spike injury sustained in a game during the 1923 season.

And yet GE Aviation is probably the 2nd biggest headquarters in town. And getting bigger with the recent announcement of a new 2000 person GE division coming to the area, relocating people from Cleveland and Louisville (probably going to locate downtown)
05-05-2014 01:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.