Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Huge Commitment Today (04/29/2014) ? Any Guesses? Or Keep it Quiet?
Bookmark and Share
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Huskies
Huge Commitment Today (04/29/2014) ? Any Guesses? Or Keep it Quiet?
Kelton Copeland ‏@CopelandKelton 2m

@PrideInThePack @NIUrecruiting The Huskie Family got better today with a huge commitment! #Commit2NIU #Huskiejuice #GBT

Rod Carey ‏@niucoachcarey

Excited to have a new Huskie join the family!!! #GoHuskies #Commit2NIU
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 03:25 PM by HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN.)
04-29-2014 03:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
RE: Huge Commitment Today (04/29/2014) ? Any Guesses? Or Keep it Quiet?
I am not so sure that them tweeting it means that we need to keep quiet about it.
04-29-2014 03:28 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

What area does Copeland recruit?

He is from the Miami FL area...so here are our current offers per rivals to FL kids who have offers from AQ programs...

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...son-141018

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...Ray-154105

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ord-133461
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 03:34 PM by HuskieJohn.)
04-29-2014 03:30 PM
All American

Just added

CoachHarmonNIU ‏@CoachHarmonNIU 2m

Got better today #thehardway
04-29-2014 03:33 PM
All American

Possibly?

Steve Wiltfong ‏@SWiltfong247 5m

Macomb (Mich.) Dakota TE Daniel Crawford commits to #NorthernIllinois:
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 03:51 PM by HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN.)
04-29-2014 03:48 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-29-2014 03:48 PM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  Steve Wiltfong ‏@SWiltfong247 5m

hua
04-29-2014 03:53 PM
Advertisement

thetachihuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crawford has offers from Buffalo and WMU. He is unranked by rivals thus far.
04-29-2014 04:02 PM
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
Scout has him as the #29 TE and a three star.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8...id=7556418
04-29-2014 04:04 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(04-29-2014 03:48 PM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  Possibly?

Do we use TEs? 05-hide
04-29-2014 04:05 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-29-2014 04:04 PM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  Scout has him as the #29 TE and a three star.

Don't worry that will change to a 2* in the next few days or weeks.
04-29-2014 04:06 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(04-29-2014 04:05 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(04-29-2014 03:48 PM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  Possibly?

Do we use TEs? 05-hide

BGSU does. 05-duck
04-29-2014 04:44 PM
Advertisement

thetachihuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For:
247 sports show Crawford as a commit as of 4/29/14 on his personal profile. They have not done this on our team site so far. It looks like a done deal. Scout just added our offer on the NIU site today. It should just be a matter of time until rivals and 247 rank him.
04-29-2014 05:08 PM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

added his highlight video to the first page of the verbal thread. looks big and athletic with great hands. great pickup!

6-3/230, Macomb (Mich.) Dakota
Impressions: A recent commitment to Northern Illinois, he also holds offers from Ball State, Western Michigan and Buffalo, so he has legit skill. Crawford doesn't stand extremely big at 6-3, 230-pounds, but he knows how to get separation. He always almost untouchable in one-on-ones, using his size to shield smaller defenders and was too quick for the bigger ones. Crawford may have had the best hands at the camp, even catching a ball one-handed, while falling to the ground.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 07:49 PM by NIU32.)
04-29-2014 05:52 PM
thetachihuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Coach Harmon is the tight ends and FB coach @ NIU. He was at Wisconsin/Whitewater last year. Before that he was the recruiting coordinator at a smaller school in Ilinois. It would not surprise me if he had a bit to do with this recruit. I think his recruiting area is Michigan and Wisconsin. Just sayin'.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 05:43 AM by thetachihuskie.)
04-30-2014 05:42 AM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Northern Illinois bolsters their offense with the commitment of Dakota, Class of 2015 TE Daniel Crawford
http://www.thedzone.net/2014/04/northern...2FToxmHcb2

A title summarizes what the context of an article or book will either be about to refer to the conclusion. It's safe to say that the 6'3" and 230 lbs TE commit, Daniel Crawford of Dakota High School will definitely strengthen the already strong Northern Illinois University offense. Daniel Crawford was taking a visit on Tuesday night out to DeKalb, Illinois to verbally commit to the coaches of NIU. Crawford a TE known best for his A++ hands, also has strong blocking skills to compliment his receiving skills. To make matters worse for defenders they need to deal with Crawford's size and strength which cause major mismatches.

The Northern Illinois University Huskies started off the 2013 season with 12 straight wins before dropping their Bowl Game and MAC Championship to finish with a 12-2 record. In 2012 it was a similar situation as NIU won 12 straight, dropping their first game of the year by 1 point vs. Iowa and closed the season with a loss vs. Florida State in the Orange Bowl. Northern Illinois is the only MAC team to ever play in the Orange Bowl since it was started in 1935 and going one step further, the Huskies were the only MAC team to clinch a BCS berth, which includes; Orange Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Rose Bowl, and Sugar Bowl. The success that the Huskies had definitely caught Crawford's attention when they offered. "What stands out most would probably be the coaching staff and their winning record," said Crawford. "The coaching staff is awesome and very down to earth, they are very understanding and they care. Which is important."

The Huskies were led by Heisman Contender, Jordan Lynch at QB and compiled an average of 39.6 points per game which was the 12th highest points per game total in the NCAA. The Huskies will move forward without Lynch who led NIU to a 24-4 record the past 2 seasons. Crawford is 1 of 3 Michigan players in the Class of 2015 to be offered by NIU, with a chance to commit to NIU - Crawford could not resist, as summer camps near. "Committing to NIU feels great," said Crawford. "It's awesome knowing I can continue my football career somewhere where I'm wanted and fit in well."

Yesterday, April 29th, Daniel Crawford drove out to Northern Illinois for the first time and would commit. A week earlier on Friday, April 25th the Huskies coaches visited Crawford at school. Daniel Crawford provided his impressions of the campus of NIU, "What I enjoyed most while visiting was the facilities and the people I interacted with. Nothing is hidden, they have top notch facilities from living dorms to the football part of it. The people are real, usually they put on their best face for you but here what you see is what you get." Crawford also described the moment that he committed to play for NIU, "When they found out I committed, Coach Carey called all the Coaches out and they all came hugged and congratulated me and welcomed me to the family. We then watched the 2013-2014 highlight film together. It was a fun experience."

- 2013 Football Highlights

Prior to being at Dakota, Crawford resided in Chicago, Illinois which is about an hour away from DeKalb. Crawford described that the distance factor did not really impact his decision, "Distance doesn't have much of an impact on my decision," said Crawford. "I've been moving around my whole life so I'm used to it. I used to live around the Chicago area so I have friends around there."

The spread offensive provides offenses with a chance to exploit mismatches once the ball is snapped, and that is what NIU ran but with a 7th ranked rushing offense while the passing game wasn't needed as much. By bringing in a versatile TE such as Crawford who is a very good blocking/catching TE, the coaches of NIU add a valuable piece to their offense. Crawford shared some insight on what the coaching staff likes about the way he plays, "The Coaches at NIU like how versatile I am and how well I can fit into the program because of my ability to play all over the field and be successful doing it." Crawford also added, "me fitting into their program would involve me playing all over the field; attached to the line of scrimmage, playing as the #1 receiver on the outside or even lining up somewhere in the backfield. Versatility is key and that's how they see me fitting into the offense."

Justin Brantley who runs, B-Fit Detroit has worked with Crawford at his gym in Mount Clemens, Brantley discussed Crawford's work ethic, "I got the opportunity to start working with Daniel Crawford when he was playing AAU basketball with Jermaine Jackson and the Super Friends. He's always been a hard worker with a determined mindset. He's a matchup problem due to his size, strength, route running and exceptional catching abilities."

Dakota has had countless players move on to sign with Division 1 Football programs since opening in 1996. Dakota also a statewide respected program, has big goals each season on the field. Being a football player who is a great teammate and upon receiving a special spotlight for continuing their path to be a student-athlete on the next level, leaves an impression for fellow students and the community. Daniel Crawford responded to how he hopes to leave an example for younger Dakota Cougars, "At Dakota, there is lots of opportunity to go out and achieve what you want. As I leave, I hope to inspire my underclassmen that I lead onto the field to go get what they want and to never be satisfied.. Just to be a good role model overall as a football player and as a person."

Now that Crawford has committed, he can shift his focus towards the team as well as improving his skills. Justin Brantley commented on the things he'd like Crawford to improve on heading into the summer, "This off-season our primary focus is on speed development. He will be a great fit for NIU and will have an exceptional senior year and college career." Crawford also added what he'll move his focus to during the offseason, now that he is committed and awaits the day he can sign with Northern Illinois University. "As far as Signing Day goes, that's the last thing on my mind," said Crawford. "Week 1 we play Clarkston and that's what's on my mind. Our goal is to hopefully go get some hardware this year and stop knocking as we've been doing and finally kick the door down and get what we deserve."
04-30-2014 02:55 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I just re-realized we won 12 games in a row...2 years in a row. WOW!
04-30-2014 03:17 PM
Advertisement

timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

(04-30-2014 03:17 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  I just re-realized we won 12 games in a row...2 years in a row. WOW!

The past four years really have been special for Huskies fans. Let's hope this year's team can keep the party going.
04-30-2014 03:25 PM
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
(04-29-2014 04:04 PM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  Scout has him as the #29 TE and a three star.

Well how about that, Crawford now shows as an NIU commit on Scout and is suddenly no longer ranked #29 nationally. In fact, he is now not ranked nationally at all. Weird timing...
04-30-2014 08:36 PM
UIHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: Illinois
(04-30-2014 08:36 PM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  

Well how about that, Crawford now shows as an NIU commit on Scout and is suddenly no longer ranked #29 nationally. In fact, he is now not ranked nationally at all. Weird timing...

It's why I find the offer list a kid has more useful than the rankings/stars. While not perfect, it gives you a much better idea of what type of player a kid is than one guy watching a couple minutes of video does.
04-30-2014 08:55 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(04-30-2014 08:36 PM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  

You mean it no longer looks like:

#15 Daniel Crawford Photos (2)... Dakota HS Roster
Player Alerts:
Add to My HotList Player's Feed

Daniel Crawford Scout.com Headlines:
Quick Hitter: Crawford Visits Illini
Macomb Dakota (Mich.) tight end Daniel Crawford starting the process with Illinois.
-by Scout.com Mar 10, 2014
Michigan TE Just Scratching the Surface
Macomb Dakota (Mich.) 2015 TE Daniel Crawford talks about his first offer.
-by Scout.com Feb 14, 2014

Injury News:
There are no Injury News items for display.

Site Search:
Stories containing Daniel Crawford
Forum Posts containing Daniel Crawford

Media Center:
No Matches This Player.

Ht: 6-3 Wt: 230
Position: TE
Year: Class of 2015
High School: Dakota HS
(Macomb, MI)

2015 Scout.com HS Football Rankings (full list):
Pos: TE Pos Rank: #29 Pos Rating:

He was 3-star and still is as of now, just no position ranking. Interesting. Maybe it will take a few more days or a week before they reduce him to a 2-star.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 10:31 PM by NIU007.)
04-30-2014 10:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.