#2 USA Today Coaches poll (prev #2)
#3 Baseball America (prev #3)
#6 Collegiate Baseball (prev #3)
#2 Perfect Game (prev #2)
NCBWA (not released)

Virginia #1 in every poll and RPI

http://WarrenNolan.com/baseball/2014/rpi

#12 RPI ( prev #14)
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 02:14 PM by IdahoCajun.)
04-28-2014 02:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SlyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
RE: Cajun Baseball rankings 4/28
The Cajuns are clearly gaining some real respect. It would be fun if we wound up a #2 seed in the Lafayette regional. The Flames are now slipping inside the Top 30 in most polls even though we dropped to #22 in RPI this week.
04-28-2014 02:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IdahoCajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ragin Cajuns
(04-28-2014 02:19 PM)SlyFox Wrote:  The Cajuns are clearly gaining some real respect. It would be fun if we wound up a #2 seed in the Lafayette regional. The Flames are now slipping inside the Top 30 in most polls even though we dropped to #22 in RPI this week.

I actually had been noticing how Liberty's RPI has been climbing lately. I was surprised that we only had a big drop in the polls in Collegiate Baseball Newspaper from 3rd to 6th. Collegiate Baseball had us at #1 a few weeks back.

I was glad to see our RPI go up, but we really blew our chances of having a higher RPI by losing game 2 of our series to TXST.

During the game, before it was over, our RPI was sitting at 8 due to the other top teams losing, but once our game was over and we lost, our RPI plummeted to 16th. We recovered a little by winning yesterday and the series.

First of all, I hope we land a regional. Yes, it would be nice to have Liberty in Lafayette as a #2 seed.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 03:02 PM by IdahoCajun.)
04-28-2014 02:53 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Collegiate Baseball is such a fickle poll.
04-28-2014 03:15 PM
SlyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
As the polls continued to trickle out today, the Flames now seem to be Top 25 in most all of them. And I think most of you recognize how difficult it is for us to convince some folks that we are any good at all.

03-lol
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 04:09 PM by SlyFox.)
04-28-2014 04:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IdahoCajun Offline
Special Teams

(04-28-2014 03:15 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Collegiate Baseball is such a fickle poll.

It would be bad for the Conference if we only had 1 team in the post season. I just hope the Cajuns didn't peak too early and the bats and starting pitchers can get it back together again.

The Cajuns have a tough 5 game week. It would definitely help our RPI if we went 5-0 for the week, but that will be a tough task with 4 out of the 5 games being on the road.

I'm sure ASU is gonna want to beat us bad and are going to be ready for us in Jonesboro. With a sweep ASU could pull within 1 game of the Conference lead which is going to add fuel to their fire.

It looks like another stressful week and weekend coming up. I don't have any fingernails left atter this past weekend. I never thought I would see our hitters held to 1 hit and that was a bunt single.

Plus the Cajuns will be without Coach Robichaux for game 1 of the ASU series. I would hope the Conference would review those umpires, they have everything on video. That first base umpire was pathetic.

I'm just glad that the game wasn't close when they made such terrible calls. I played baseball all my younger days and I don't think I've ever seen an umpire call someone out at first with such confidence being right on top of the play looking at the first baseman's foot on the bag.

So both teams go to the dugouts since it was the 3rd out. Well, there coach comes out arguing that his foot came off the bag. So not only does he overturn his call but both teams have to come back on the field and the opposing team gets a run.

This call was amoung others he missed, such as the TXST first baseman making an unassisted play but while running to the bag he tosses the ball toward the mound before touching the bag.

And as far as Coach Robichaux bumping homeplate umpire Hudson, it looked like Hudson leaned into Robichaux and brushed his arm, its all on tape and ESPN3.

Like I said, it didn't affect the outcome of the game, thank goodness, but we did lose our Coach for 4 games since the homeplate umpire said he was bumped twice. You get suspended 2 games per bump. These guys were terrible!!!

These guys don't belong umpiring Little League and that's being serious.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 09:48 PM by IdahoCajun.)
04-28-2014 04:55 PM
Redwolves06 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Is CUSA really ahead of us in baseball?!
04-28-2014 05:05 PM
Advertisement

IdahoCajun Offline
Special Teams

(04-28-2014 05:05 PM)Redwolves06 Wrote:  Is CUSA really ahead of us in baseball?!

The SBC was ahead of CUSA with an RPI 8-10, but the SBC RPI has dropped to 11 while CUSA's RPI is now 9.

If UL keeps winning and would happen to win the conference tournament, then it is possible the SBC will only have 1 team in the post season.

The SBC only has 4 teams out of 10 teams with winning records, that's only 40%, while CUSA has 8 out of 13 teams with winning records for 61.5% and one team at .500, so they only have 4 teams with losing records.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 09:43 PM by IdahoCajun.)
04-28-2014 05:33 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(04-28-2014 05:05 PM)Redwolves06 Wrote:  Is CUSA really ahead of us in baseball?!

Realistically, the leagues are even this year. SBC in in a down cycle in talent, while CUSA picked up two of our stronger baseball programs last year.

Things should start evening out next year when teams like USA, Troy, Texas State, and ASU will all be good and Georgia Southern/App joining the league.
04-28-2014 06:03 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(04-28-2014 04:55 PM)IdahoCajun Wrote:  
(04-28-2014 03:15 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Collegiate Baseball is such a fickle poll.

It would be bad for the Conference if we only had 1 team in the post season. I just hope the Cajuns didn't peak too early and the bats and starting pitchers can get it back together again.

The Cajuns have a tough 5 game week. It would definitely help our RPI if we went 5-0 for the week, but that will be a tough task with 4 out of the 5 games being on the road.

I'm sure ASU is gonna want to beat us bad and are going to be ready for us in Jonesboro. With a sweep ASU could pull within 1 game of the Conference lead which is going to add fuel to their fire.

It looks like another stressful week and weekend coming up. I don't have any fingernails left atter this past weekend. I never thought I would see our hitters held to 1 hit and that was a bunt single.

Plus the Cajuns will be without Coach Robichaux for game 1 of the ASU series. I would hope the Conference would review those umpires, they have everything on video. That first base umpire was pathetic.

I'm just glad that the game wasn't close when they made such terrible calls. I played baseball all my younger days and I don't think I've ever seen an umpire call someone out at first with such confidence being right on top of the play looking at the first baseman's foot on the bag.

So both teams go to the dugouts since it was the 3rd out. Well, there coach comes out arguing that his foot came off the bag. So not only does he overturn his call but both teams have to come back on the field and the opposing gets a run.

This call was amoung others he missed, such as the TXST first baseman making an unassisted play but while running to the bag he tosses the ball toward the mound before touching the bag.

And as far as Coach Robichaux bumping homeplate umpire Hudson, it looked like Hudson leaned into Robichaux and brushed his arm, its all on tape and ESPN3.

Like I said, it didn't affect the outcome of the game, thank goodness, but we did lose our Coach for 4 games since the homeplate umpire said he was bumped twice. You get suspended 2 games per bump. These guys were terrible!!!

These guys don't belong umpiring Little League and that's being serious.

Players got chewed out Friday because they were listening to all the talk about the Cajun series/NCAA Regional talk and forgot to pay attention to a good Georgia State team. Saturday's game was even...so showing up Friday when we held them to two runs in the first 7 innings should have been enough to win the series.

I think our NCAA chances are toast now unless we go on a serious closing run...so they key now is doing everything possible to stay ahead of WKU/UTA and get placed in the tourney bracket opposite you guys.

We really don't match up great with you guys. Our pitching staff is tired, and we're likely going to be without our stud Freshman pitcher. Our best hope is that we get a strong wind blowing in to keep the home run hitters quiet, and maybe we'll have a chance.
04-28-2014 06:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.