Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will UK dominate next year with their returning line up?
WPDAWG08 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UGA
Will UK dominate next year with their returning line up?
No more one and done's with only Randall and Young leaving. With the height, deep bench, and sheer talent I do not see how Kentucky doesnt get it done next season. Of course it's all speculation but man we can only beat ourselves in the end. You think Calipari will be able to maintain egos and get it done in 2014?
04-26-2014 10:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
RE: Will UK dominate next year with their returning line up?
TBH i am glad cuse is projected to have a down year next year. after what duke/uk/unc are bringing in we don't have a chance.
04-26-2014 11:21 PM
TRest3 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UConn
(04-26-2014 10:26 PM)WPDAWG08 Wrote:  No more one and done's with only Randall and Young leaving. With the height, deep bench, and sheer talent I do not see how Kentucky doesnt get it done next season. Of course it's all speculation but man we can only beat ourselves in the end. You think Calipari will be able to maintain egos and get it done in 2014?

If they don't have to play UConn. UK is losing its two most talented offensive players, I'm not sold on the twins.
04-26-2014 11:29 PM
rednblackattack Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
This UK team still lost 10 games this year, including twice to Arkansas and once to South Carolina. Sorry but I don't see the dominant team others are seeing.
04-27-2014 12:32 AM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
UK were a single shot away from being gone in the 2nd round. Let's see how the new lineup handles a few SEC programs before we crown them.
04-27-2014 02:38 AM
westmc9th Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ACC/UNC/PITT
Well the media will definitely believe so. I have already seen "preseason" polls that have them #1...... WE all know how well that went this last season.
04-27-2014 05:45 AM
Advertisement

krux Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville
They'll be the favorites no doubt but nothing is guaranteed. Randle and Young will be big shoes to fill and we don't know how well the new guys play yet. They're highly ranked but that doesn't always mean they'll pan out in college. See: Wayne Blackshear.
04-27-2014 06:57 AM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

I Root For: UNC
They will be fun to watch. I'm guessing with the depth, Cal will press more. I'm interested to see how all of the alpha males will play together. Everybody can't play 30 mins a game.
04-27-2014 07:05 AM
WPDAWG08 Offline
1st String

A
(04-26-2014 11:29 PM)TRest3 Wrote:  
(04-26-2014 10:26 PM)WPDAWG08 Wrote:  No more one and done's with only Randall and Young leaving. With the height, deep bench, and sheer talent I do not see how Kentucky doesnt get it done next season. Of course it's all speculation but man we can only beat ourselves in the end. You think Calipari will be able to maintain egos and get it done in 2014?

If they don't have to play UConn. UK is losing its two most talented offensive players, I'm not sold on the twins.

Right b/c you all arnt losing everyone next year, not to mention we are reloading on top of our returning talent. We truly beat our selves in the natl cg imho.
04-27-2014 07:21 AM
WPDAWG08 Offline
1st String

(04-27-2014 06:57 AM)krux Wrote:  They'll be the favorites no doubt but nothing is guaranteed. Randle and Young will be big shoes to fill and we don't know how well the new guys play yet. They're highly ranked but that doesn't always mean they'll pan out in college. See: Wayne Blackshear.

Yeah I feel bad for you guys with you guys first division 1 schedule and not too many players returning to look forward to. It's going to be a tough year no doubt!
04-27-2014 07:24 AM
TRest3 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UConn
(04-27-2014 07:21 AM)WPDAWG08 Wrote:  A

Right b/c you all arnt losing everyone next year, not to mention we are reloading on top of our returning talent. We truly beat our selves in the natl cg imho.
Sure thing, Bubba. Aren't you a UGA fan, or are you a UK fan just for hoops? How do the Cowboys look for next season?
04-27-2014 08:17 AM
Advertisement

ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
(04-27-2014 06:57 AM)krux Wrote:  They'll be the favorites no doubt but nothing is guaranteed. Randle and Young will be big shoes to fill and we don't know how well the new guys play yet. They're highly ranked but that doesn't always mean they'll pan out in college. See: Wayne Blackshear.

They don't need many new guys to pan out. They are bringing back five players who were ranked in ESPN's top 25 in their class (one junior and four sophomores), plus junior big Cauley-Stein, who was "only" ranked #40, but has shown he can play. Their four freshmen are also top 25 recruits, but they'll have to really be great to get a lot of minutes.

Calipari will have his work cut out for him to keep everybody happy and working as a team. But he's shown he's as good as any coach out there in molding talented players with egos into a cohesive unit.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 08:34 AM by ken d.)
04-27-2014 08:31 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-27-2014 08:31 AM)ken d Wrote:  

They don't need many new guys to pan out. They are bringing back five players who were ranked in ESPN's top 25 in their class (one junior and four sophomores), plus junior big Cauley-Stein, who was "only" ranked #40, but has shown he can play. Their four freshmen are also top 25 recruits, but they'll have to really be great to get a lot of minutes.

Calipari will have his work cut out for him to keep everybody happy and working as a team. But he's shown he's as good as any coach out there in molding talented players with egos into a cohesive unit.

The 4 new guys they have are about as highly rated as last year's group. The team 2 years ago never meshed too well. There will be plenty of talent and depth. Hopefully they will have some better free throw shooters. That killed them in the title game and almost cost them one other.
04-27-2014 09:31 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
I guess people forget that Duke also has 9 McDonald's All Americans on it roster next year as well.

Kentucky will be #1 but schools like Duke, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Wichita State, Kansas, Louisville, Florida and Arizona will not back down and welcome the challenge
04-27-2014 10:50 AM
WPDAWG08 Offline
1st String

(04-27-2014 08:17 AM)TRest3 Wrote:  
(04-27-2014 07:21 AM)WPDAWG08 Wrote:  A

Sure thing, Bubba. Aren't you a UGA fan, or are you a UK fan just for hoops? How do the Cowboys look for next season?

Grew up in GA and am an UK alumni.
04-27-2014 11:56 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Don't forget several coming back lost in the first round of the NIT and were role players this past season and They(UK) were useless until the Tournament, and They now have to deal with the Next group of so called 1 and done's whom will Not Get the Playing Time They were expecting. Figure it Out and Yeah They can make noise. I see a Jam Log ahead.
04-27-2014 12:08 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-27-2014 12:08 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Don't forget several coming back lost in the first round of the NIT and were role players this past season and They(UK) were useless until the Tournament, and They now have to deal with the Next group of so called 1 and done's whom will Not Get the Playing Time They were expecting. Figure it Out and Yeah They can make noise. I see a Jam Log ahead.

It literally is going to come down to a couple of things for Kentucky...the "couple of things" is the Twins...as we have seen without Strong Guard play in the NCAA's you can't win...2011 UConn, 2013 Louisville and 2014 UConn....if anything the 2012 Kentucky team could have been the exception...not the rule....07-coffee3
04-27-2014 01:56 PM
WPDAWG08 Offline
1st String

(04-27-2014 12:08 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Don't forget several coming back lost in the first round of the NIT and were role players this past season and They(UK) were useless until the Tournament, and They now have to deal with the Next group of so called 1 and done's whom will Not Get the Playing Time They were expecting. Figure it Out and Yeah They can make noise. I see a Jam Log ahead.

6-1 is the only stat you need to know iirc. You will find this funny I called the afternoon underdogs on wednesday and told them about why it is not at all surprising that Teddy Brigewaters stock has dropped since he didnt do the combine, had a terrible pro day, and that Louisville's SOS was overall atrocious last year. Overratedness in its purest form imo. They were not fans of my call though I love their show lol.
04-27-2014 03:17 PM
WPDAWG08 Offline
1st String

I in fact find it crazy that Louisville is even considered a "rival"with the level of ownage we have of Ricky P overall. It's almost probably how being a Florida fan feels about UGA FB fans only UGA is in a real conference and has a decent SOS/OOC games each year.
04-27-2014 03:21 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-27-2014 03:21 PM)WPDAWG08 Wrote:  I in fact find it crazy that Louisville is even considered a "rival"with the level of ownage we have of Ricky P overall. It's almost probably how being a Florida fan feels about UGA FB fans only UGA is in a real conference and has a decent SOS/OOC games each year.

So you're saying the Old BIG EAST in Basketball was not a real Conference....the same league that had Notre Dame, Georgetown, Pitt, Syracuse, Villanova, UConn, Marquette, Cincinnati and Louisville and SEC Basketball is/was when it is basically Kentucky, Florida and that it....ok...maybe the funniest thing I heard in a while....even the current American 4th Place Team and a Team that Rick Pitino has beaten on a very consistent basis is the Current National Champion...and a school that has beaten Kentucky two out of the last three times they played them...07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 05:08 PM by Maize.)
04-27-2014 03:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.