Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Report: Taxpayers Shell Out Over $53K Per Newly Insured Person Under Obamacare…
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Report: Taxpayers Shell Out Over $53K Per Newly Insured Person Under Obamacare…
[Image: 29qb0w5.jpg]

As if the Obama regime cares what the cost to the taxpayers is.

Taxpayers will pay over $53,000 per each person newly insured under Obamacare, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation analysis of the Congressional Budget Office data.

Last week’s highly debated CBO report found that Obamacare will cost slightly less than expected over the next decade. The budget office shifted its assessment of the health care law due to unexpectedly low premiums, which it attributed not to lowered costs but on “less attractive” health insurance offerings than it assumed would be available.

The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a liberal fiscal policy group, released its own analysis of the CBO findings Tuesday, concluding that the CBO had also cut the estimated cost of the Medicaid expansion on state budgets.

The CBO predicts that on average, federal taxpayers will now pay over 95% of the total cost of the Medicaid expansion. Fewer than expected Americans who were already eligible for traditional state Medicaid programs signed up for coverage while programs received free publicity due to the furor over the Medicaid expansion, leading to a lowered estimates of the Medicaid costs states will incur.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/24/analys...y-insured/
04-25-2014 05:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Report: Taxpayers Shell Out Over $53K Per Newly Insured Person Under Obamacare…
I had a patient, who currently has BCBS insurance through work, tell me that he's going to quit his job, apply for disability, not sign up for any insurance because he can buy it when he needs it. He had his prostate removed by us for cancer and is going to try to get disability for it. I told him that he could bring us his forms but we would say that he is well enough for work.
04-26-2014 09:46 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
RE: Report: Taxpayers Shell Out Over $53K Per Newly Insured Person Under Obamacare…
You have to give Obama and the Libs credit. They WON. They installed the 2nd largest Welfare program in our history...(likely to be eventually the largest) Anyone that does not understand this has NOTHING to do with health care is dumb as a box of rocks. This is about a gang turf war. The bloods won this round.
04-26-2014 11:00 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(04-26-2014 11:00 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  You have to give Obama and the Libs credit. They WON. They installed the 2nd largest Welfare program in our history...(likely to be eventually the largest) Anyone that does not understand this has NOTHING to do with health care is dumb as a box of rocks. This is about a gang turf war. The bloods won this round.

Who wouldn't vote for free lottery tickets guaranteed to be winners?
04-26-2014 11:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.