Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Group finds 40,000 duplicate voters around Virginia and Maryland
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Group finds 40,000 duplicate voters around Virginia and Maryland
Group finds duplicate voters around Virginia

Quote:RICHMOND, Va. – A crosscheck of voter rolls in Virginia and Maryland turned up 44,000 people registered in both states, a vote-integrity group reported Wednesday.

And that’s just the beginning.

“The Virginia Voters Alliance is investigating how to identify voters who are registered and vote in Virginia but live in the states that surround us,” Alliance President Reagan George told the State Board of Elections.

George acknowledged that the number of voters who actually cast multiple ballots is relatively small. In the case of Maryland and Virginia, he revealed that 164 people voted in both states during the 2012 election.

But George said his group will expand their search for duplicate voters in the District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, North Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia and Georgia.

“We are also determining the best way to identify non-citizens who have registered to vote and may have voted in past elections,” George said.

Working with the Privileges and Elections committees of the state House and Senate, VVA identified 31,000 dead voters via the Social Security Administration’s Death Master File. Subsequent processing by SBE found 40,000 to 60,000 dead voter registrations.

“Dead voter registrations are prime targets for voter fraud which generate few complaints,” George noted.

Appearing with Clara Belle Wheeler of the Albemarle County,Va., Election Board and Jay DeLancy of the North Carolina Voter Integrity Project, George challenged the SBE to:

Tighten Virginia’s voter ID law that allows absentee voters to use mailed ballots without affirming their identity.
Check the 50,000-plus patient beds in Virginia nursing homes and rehab centers amid reports of voting irregularities there.
Require proof of citizenship to register to vote. Kansas and Arizona require this.
Annually audit felons who are not allowed to vote.
“Certain nonviolent felons, especially those who commit voter fraud, should never be given back their right to vote,” George said.

More broadly, George said, “Virginia must control the registration process, as well as the form used to register voters. The current system is the perfect vehicle for identity theft and ‘lost’ registrations.”

“There needs to be a clearinghouse for all voter fraud referrals statewide,” he said. “The SBE would be the perfect place to assume that role and provide transparency for the public.”

DeLancy and Wheeler urged the board to open its voter-crosscheck data to the public and to publicize cases of voter fraud.

DeLancy said groups that downplay or dismiss the incidence of ongoing voting irregularities use “pretzel logic.”

“If prosecutors don’t prosecute, there’s no ‘crime,’” he noted.

The three-member state board — controlled by Republicans until the end of the year — took VVA’s recommendations under advisement.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 01:32 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
04-23-2014 01:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
RE: Group finds duplicate voters around Virginia
RICHMOND, Va. – A crosscheck of voter rolls in Virginia and Maryland turned up 44,000 people registered in both states, a vote-integrity group reported Wednesday.

George acknowledged that the number of voters who actually cast multiple ballots is relatively small. In the case of Maryland and Virginia, he revealed that 164 people voted in both states during the 2012 election.

That is less than 1% of the vote.
04-23-2014 01:33 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Group finds 40,000 duplicate voters around Virginia and Maryland
(04-23-2014 01:33 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  RICHMOND, Va. – A crosscheck of voter rolls in Virginia and Maryland turned up 44,000 people registered in both states, a vote-integrity group reported Wednesday.

03-lmfao
04-23-2014 01:34 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-23-2014 01:33 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  In the case of Maryland and Virginia, he revealed that 164 people voted in both states during the 2012 election.

Bush won Florida by less than 1% of the vote. Kennedy won Illinois by less than 1% of the vote.

Just sayin'.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 01:35 PM by Smaug.)
04-23-2014 01:34 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(04-23-2014 01:34 PM)Smaug Wrote:  
(04-23-2014 01:33 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  In the case of Maryland and Virginia, he revealed that 164 people voted in both states during the 2012 election.

Bush won Florida by less than 1% of the vote. Kennedy won Illinois by less than 1% of the vote.

Just sayin'.

According to whom?
04-23-2014 01:35 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

04-23-2014 01:46 PM
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
Now, when they find a duplicate is it deleted. Or did they just find it and report it?
04-23-2014 01:51 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
And I'm guessing that the over/under on how many voted last election is somewhere around 75,000.
04-23-2014 02:05 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(04-23-2014 01:33 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  RICHMOND, Va. – A crosscheck of voter rolls in Virginia and Maryland turned up 44,000 people registered in both states, a vote-integrity group reported Wednesday.

You think that's all, or just the ones that have been identified?
04-23-2014 02:09 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Everyone has to pay a water bill regardless of whether you rent or own a home. How about asking for a water bill with your I.D. when you vote? I know it's farfetch but they DO want to curtail this, right?

I know there won't be anyone paying another persons water bill. And if they are I want in. I wouldn't mind having someone pay my water bill.
04-23-2014 02:16 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

Not everyone pays a water bill.
04-23-2014 02:20 PM
Advertisement

EpicNiner Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte
(04-23-2014 02:16 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Everyone has to pay a water bill regardless of whether you rent or own a home. How about asking for a water bill with your I.D. when you vote? I know it's farfetch but they DO want to curtail this, right?

I know there won't be anyone paying another persons water bill. And if they are I want in. I wouldn't mind having someone pay my water bill.

Many renters do not pay their own water bill. Also, homeless obviously would not have water bills.
04-23-2014 02:21 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I don't think many homeless vote, but you're right not all pay water bills. I threw that out in case something was found that would fit the bill.
04-23-2014 02:24 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(04-23-2014 02:21 PM)EpicNiner Wrote:  
(04-23-2014 02:16 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Everyone has to pay a water bill regardless of whether you rent or own a home. How about asking for a water bill with your I.D. when you vote? I know it's farfetch but they DO want to curtail this, right?

Many renters do not pay their own water bill. Also, homeless obviously would not have water bills.

Homeowners with well water don't pay a water bill.
04-23-2014 02:26 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

(04-23-2014 02:26 PM)Smaug Wrote:  
(04-23-2014 02:21 PM)EpicNiner Wrote:  

Homeowners with well water don't pay a water bill.

Well. They should. What are they? Obama lovers? They want everything free. 03-lmfao

It's meant as a joke, okay?
04-23-2014 02:29 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog

Many renters don't pay a water bill..
04-23-2014 02:38 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Online
Legend

Okay, I've got it. When we vote why not stick our thumb in a hard to remove dye that lasts longer than a month. That's the only good thing thats happened in Iraq.
04-23-2014 02:44 PM
TheDancinMonarch Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Rudimentary but effective.

[Image: si-iraq-elections-rtxyt23.jpg]
04-23-2014 02:46 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

Even though it's a good idea there would be liberals complaining that they're taking their liberties away. Or some "wascally" reason.
04-23-2014 02:53 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
[Image: 2mebus5.jpg]

Voter fraud is a Republican myth. Surely this can't be true.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 09:21 PM by EagleRockCafe.)
04-23-2014 08:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.