Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Goo Goo Dolls to play at Rockingham Co. Fair.
Bookmark and Share
hburg Online

I Root For: James Madison
Thought it was interesting since it is the first alternative rock band to come,to town that I can remember.

EDIT: Here is the line up according to WHSV http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/Daugh...48681.html

Quote:Tuesday, Aug. 12 at 6:30 p.m.: In Concert – ACM Song of the Year Winner and Country Music Artist Lee Brice with Jerrod Niemann and Cole Swindell; The country music artists will be performing their latest hits. The concert begins at 6:30 p.m. Ticket prices are $45, $40, $30, and $25. Advance tickets available soon.

Wednesday, Aug. 13: 7 p.m.: In concert – Daughtry and the Goo Goo Dolls with special guest Plain White T’s. Multi-platinum recording artist Daughtry has scored four No. 1 hits, garnered four Grammy nominations, won four American Music Awards, sold more than 7.5 million albums, 17 million singles worldwide and sold out concerts around the world. The Goo Goo Dolls have become one of the most globally respected and influential forces in popular music history, selling more than 10 million albums since 1986. Special guests Plain White T's get the night started at 7 p.m. Ticket prices are $65, $55, $45, and $40. Advance tickets available soon.

Thursday, Aug. 14: 7:30 p.m.: In concert – Old Crow Medicine Show. They put on such an incredible show at our County Fair in 2013, you insisted they come back again this year! Their appearances include the Grand Ole Opry, where they were inducted as members in 2013. Natives of Harrisonburg, OCMS’ song "Wagon Wheel" (co-authored with Bob Dylan) was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America in 2011. Welcome back to the ‘Burg boys! Let’s do this . . . AGAIN! Ticket prices are $40, $35, $25, and $20. Advance tickets available soon.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 12:11 PM by hburg.)
04-23-2014 09:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dignan Offline
1st String

RE: OT: Goo Goo Dolls to play at Rockingham Co. Fair.
(04-23-2014 09:59 AM)hburg Wrote:  Thought it was interesting since it is the first alternative rock band to come,to town that I can remember.

That would be fun... about 20 years ago.

As far as alternative bands coming to Harrisonburg, I had a blast when I saw Live at the Convo, think it was my freshman or sophomore year. It was right at the beginning of their 15 minutes of fame and a rockin' good concert.
04-23-2014 10:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hburg Online

Very true, but they still have descent songs. Remember Live, wanted to go to that concert so bad...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
04-23-2014 10:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bridgeforthduke Offline
All American

I saw Live at the DC 101 Chili Cookoff a few years ago. It was strange how much the lead singer enjoyed touching himself while singing.

Daughtery is also performing at the Rockingham County Fair. Not huge, but better than thr usual country acts.
04-23-2014 10:19 AM
jmu-fan-1981 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
I wonder if JMU is monitoring the rockingham fair acts... They need to survey attendees so they can put out a statement that they need to do some more monitoring of music as it is the devils music to most in the administration and they prefer to ban dancing on campus
04-23-2014 10:26 AM
Dukie95 Offline
1st String

I Root For: all the Dukes
Sweet..let's hit up the Gatti's buffet afterwards.
04-23-2014 10:43 AM
Advertisement

JMUSkinsfan Offline
2nd String

(04-23-2014 10:04 AM)Dignan Wrote:  
(04-23-2014 09:59 AM)hburg Wrote:  Thought it was interesting since it is the first alternative rock band to come,to town that I can remember.

As far as alternative bands coming to Harrisonburg, I had a blast when I saw Live at the Convo, think it was my freshman or sophomore year. It was right at the beginning of their 15 minutes of fame and a rockin' good concert.

Their new song, Come to Me, was nearly my wedding song this weekend. Got nixed because it was a little to fast-paced, but that song is everywhere. Not sure that's cool 20 years ago. I'd go see them now, they're a 90's classic.
04-23-2014 11:29 AM
JMUSkinsfan Offline
2nd String

OAR JMU 2006 was great too.
04-23-2014 11:30 AM
boozeANDammo Offline
2nd String

Echo and the Bunnymen, circa 1991, Convo. It was word.
04-23-2014 11:32 AM
Sir Duke Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: JMU Dukes
(04-23-2014 10:19 AM)bridgeforthduke Wrote:  I saw Live at the DC 101 Chili Cookoff a few years ago. It was strange how much the lead singer enjoyed touching himself while singing.

I saw Live at the American Music Festival at the VB Oceanfront several years ago and noticed the same thing. That guy REALLY likes himself - it was kind of obnoxious and distracting.

The best act playing at this fair is Old Crow Medicine Show, best known for the song "Wagon Wheel", which Darius "Hootie" Rucker covered.
04-23-2014 11:41 AM
hburg Online

(04-23-2014 11:29 AM)JMUSkinsfan Wrote:  

Their new song, Come to Me, was nearly my wedding song this weekend. Got nixed because it was a little to fast-paced, but that song is everywhere. Not sure that's cool 20 years ago. I'd go see them now, they're a 90's classic.

Thanks for sharing the info. didn't realize they had several new songs released recently. Maybe this will be a good change, being able to get better artist to the Harrisonburg area. JMU should try Bridgeforth and a big time name....
04-23-2014 11:43 AM
Advertisement

JMUSkinsfan Offline
2nd String

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8VMYLniuDk

Come to Me ... I have SiriusXM and it's been on The Pulse and Sirius 1 a LOT. So I'm guessing it's probably all over terrestrial radio too, but I find Sirius tends to be ahead of the curve on the songs it plays.
04-23-2014 11:49 AM
JMUSkinsfan Offline
2nd String

Also, at least for me growing up in the 90's, there weren't many more iconic songs that I link to my youth than Slide, Name or Iris.
04-23-2014 11:53 AM
dukes13 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes of JMU
Lee Brice, Jarrod Neimann, and Cole Swindell are the headline country act. Pretty good lineup for the fair.

BTW, saw Old Crow Medicine Show last year at the fair and it was awesome...cheap tickets, you should definitely check them out live.
04-23-2014 11:56 AM
hburg Online

Never knew Old Crow Medicine is made up of Harrisonburg natives.
04-23-2014 11:59 AM
Dukie95 Offline
1st String

I Root For: all the Dukes
I need a new Walkman, fortunately, Best Products is right next to Gatti's.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 12:00 PM by Dukie95.)
04-23-2014 12:00 PM
Advertisement

hburg Online

BTW, Plain White T's will be appearing with Goo Goo Dolls at the fair.
04-23-2014 12:06 PM
jmu97 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: JMU & UVA
(04-23-2014 10:04 AM)Dignan Wrote:  As far as alternative bands coming to Harrisonburg, I had a blast when I saw Live at the Convo, think it was my freshman or sophomore year. It was right at the beginning of their 15 minutes of fame and a rockin' good concert.

I'm pretty sure Live was the spring of 95 (definitely the 94-95 school year).

My first real concert was at JMU when I was still a senior in high school. Toad the Wet Sprocket at Godwin in the spring of 93. Talk about a band that had a short shelf life, never to be heard from again.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 12:32 PM by jmu97.)
04-23-2014 12:25 PM
Dignan Offline
1st String

(04-23-2014 11:29 AM)JMUSkinsfan Wrote:  

Didn't realize they were still doing new music. Admittedly I never listen to radio.
04-23-2014 12:25 PM
Sir Duke Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: JMU Dukes
(04-23-2014 12:25 PM)jmu97 Wrote:  
(04-23-2014 10:04 AM)Dignan Wrote:  As far as alternative bands coming to Harrisonburg, I had a blast when I saw Live at the Convo, think it was my freshman or sophomore year. It was right at the beginning of their 15 minutes of fame and a rockin' good concert.

I'm pretty sure Live was the spring of 95 (definitely the 94-95 school year).

My first real concert was at JMU when I was still a senior in high school. Toad the Wet Sprocket at Godwin in the spring of 93. Talk about a band that had a short shelf life, never to be heard from again.

Not sure about the short shelf life thing. Their heyday was the early '90s for sure, but Toad has put out six studio albums, in addition to some compilations and live albums. They've been together about 20 years total, though they did take a break for several years.
04-23-2014 12:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.