Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC website upgrade
Bookmark and Share
MACFAN Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MAC
MAC website upgrade
Long past due.....hope we are not disappointed.

http://bit.ly/QEtfrt
04-23-2014 07:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
RE: MAC website upgrade
YAY!!!!

02-13-banana

it can't be any worse than what they have now.
04-23-2014 09:01 AM
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
JGuyMac has been meeting with SideArm Sports and asking fans to give him input on what to talk to them about incorporating into the website. I suggest you guys tweet him any good ideas. What do you guys suggest?

https://twitter.com/JGuyMAC/status/458576181982269440

04-23-2014 09:05 AM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(04-23-2014 07:15 AM)MACFAN Wrote:  Long past due.....hope we are not disappointed.

http://bit.ly/QEtfrt

Long past due?...Hasn't it only been 2 years since the last overhaul?

Other than looking for the free live streams and maybe schedule news (for us hardcore fans) in March and June I am not sure why anyone goes to the site.
04-23-2014 12:21 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-23-2014 09:01 AM)bobcat_backer Wrote:  YAY!!!!

02-13-banana

it can't be any worse than what they have now.

What it was 2 years ago was MUCH worse.
04-23-2014 12:21 PM
Advertisement

uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
They're the ones that do the AAC's website. Expect a clone of that.
04-23-2014 12:59 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(04-23-2014 09:05 AM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  JGuyMac has been meeting with SideArm Sports and asking fans to give him input on what to talk to them about incorporating into the website. I suggest you guys tweet him any good ideas. What do you guys suggest?

https://twitter.com/JGuyMAC/status/458576181982269440

If it were up to JGuy, he would have a ticker with scores/breaking news for the Indians, Clowns, and Cavs, along with his name-dropping tweets and play-by-play of he and his fiance's every movement.

But I fell like the current website is pretty good. Way better than the previous one. I just wish UT would upgrade their's - has to be THE worst in the country.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 07:41 PM by MidnightBlueGold.)
04-23-2014 07:41 PM
Advertisement

mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
BG, EMU and Kent St. websites are examples of Sidearm sites. They are usually responsive when it comes to mobile/tablet devices and will re-format themselves based on the screen/device. The CAA is also moving over to Sidearm this July.

Sites usually turn over to a new host on or around July 1st. 7/1 is the first day of the new athletic year.
04-28-2014 02:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I read on twitter that we can expect an app that will allow streaming for smartphones.

Did anyone else see something like that?
04-28-2014 02:25 PM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-28-2014 02:15 PM)mattsarz Wrote:  BG, EMU and Kent St. websites are examples of Sidearm sites. They are usually responsive when it comes to mobile/tablet devices and will re-format themselves based on the screen/device. The CAA is also moving over to Sidearm this July.

Sites usually turn over to a new host on or around July 1st. 7/1 is the first day of the new athletic year.

I took a look at all 3 of these schools football pages...I am not impressed. Kent St has the best looking one of the 3 as its the cleanest and the least jumpy of the 3.

I really don't care what the page looks like as long as they improve the streaming quality/feed, how easily it is to see what is available via streaming and that they make it so I can watch the streams on my iPhone via an app.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 02:38 PM by HuskieJohn.)
04-28-2014 02:36 PM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
(04-28-2014 02:36 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(04-28-2014 02:15 PM)mattsarz Wrote:  BG, EMU and Kent St. websites are examples of Sidearm sites. They are usually responsive when it comes to mobile/tablet devices and will re-format themselves based on the screen/device. The CAA is also moving over to Sidearm this July.

I took a look at all 3 of these schools football pages...I am not impressed. Kent St has the best looking one of the 3 as its the cleanest and the least jumpy of the 3.

I really don't care what the page looks like as long as they improve the streaming quality/feed, how easily it is to see what is available via streaming and that they make it so I can watch the streams on my iPhone via an app.

The OVC have been using Sidearm's video player. I've tried it on my phone. Works well and is HTML5 compatible using the JWPlayer framework, so it isn't dependent on Flash to render video.

http://ovcdigitalnetwork.com

I'll say this about the MAC - I think this is the third or fourth different web host they've had over 7-8 years. I know of CBS College, XOS and now Sidearm and I think they've had Neulion too. At some point, doesn't the staff have to take some accountability to make sure the site tools are usable and the staff has time to make updates?
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 05:44 PM by mattsarz.)
04-28-2014 05:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.