Thread Closed 
Troy Board Skin/Name/Domain?
Bookmark and Share
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USC Upstate

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
I've gotten messages from various people that the main Troy board may be no more. So ... we have a fair number of Troy fans lurking about here.

You guys want me to setup a sexy team skin and name and domain like our other team boards here? (Examples: http://uab.csnbbs.com http://jmu.csnbbs.com )

What say you? Vote above, but please only vote if you're a Troy fan. Unless you're selecting the Donnan-esk option. In which case free fire no matter who you root for!

If you're a lurker/newbie ... I am approving new registrations with the quickness for a while.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2014 09:14 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
04-20-2014 09:11 PM
Find all posts by this user

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
RE: Troy Board Skin/Name/Domain?
I think it would be cool to have. Even if our main board returns there's no problem with having 2-3 boards. Some fan bases have several boards.
04-20-2014 10:43 PM
Trojan Warrior Offline
Water Engineer

(04-20-2014 10:43 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  I think it would be cool to have. Even if our main board returns there's no problem with having 2-3 boards. Some fan bases have several boards.

In my opinion, our current online fan base isn't large enough to support multiple message boards (I truly wish it was). Regardless, of what board/forum is used, I think there needs to be one primary location for the Trojan Nation.

Keep in mind, I created Troy Fans ONLY because of the outdated GTT platform. GTT is (or was) running on an obsolete VB platform and the administrator can't even correct the main index page (HTML 101).

I told several GTT users from the start that if the GTT administrator would update the site/VB platform and show some sense of pride I would DELETE Troy Fans.

After all, it's not about me...it's about the university and those players on the field.

Note: I wouldn't put a lot of effort into another Troy board yet...there could be something very big happening online for the Trojan Nation very soon. 04-cheers
04-21-2014 05:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
(04-21-2014 05:36 AM)Trojan Warrior Wrote:  
(04-20-2014 10:43 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  I think it would be cool to have. Even if our main board returns there's no problem with having 2-3 boards. Some fan bases have several boards.

In my opinion, our current online fan base isn't large enough to support multiple message boards (I truly wish it was). Regardless, of what board/forum is used, I think there needs to be one primary location for the Trojan Nation.

Keep in mind, I created Troy Fans ONLY because of the outdated GTT platform. GTT is (or was) running on an obsolete VB platform and the administrator can't even correct the main index page (HTML 101).

I told several GTT users from the start that if the GTT administrator would update the site/VB platform and show some sense of pride I would DELETE Troy Fans.

After all, it's not about me...it's about the university and those players on the field.

Note: I wouldn't put a lot of effort into another Troy board yet...there could be something very big happening online for the Trojan Nation very soon. 04-cheers

Agreed! I don't see any need for multiple Troy boards with only about 20-30 posters during the peek times.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2014 07:50 AM by Hemi Man.)
04-21-2014 07:49 AM

TroyFootball05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Megan Fox
(04-21-2014 07:49 AM)Hemi Man Wrote:  
(04-21-2014 05:36 AM)Trojan Warrior Wrote:  

Agreed! I don't see any need for multiple Troy boards with only about 20-30 posters during the peek times.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

I agree. Lets stick to one message board. And I'd rather have our own board and not be like UAB who is a child board to a parent board. Not digging the idea of feeling part of a subset.
04-21-2014 09:34 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USC Upstate

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(04-21-2014 09:34 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  I agree. Lets stick to one message board. And I'd rather have our own board and not be like UAB who is a child board to a parent board. Not digging the idea of feeling part of a subset.

I wouldn't call BlazerTalk a child board. They make their own moderation rules. ATTALLABLAZE would not agree with that.

Also, it comes with the tremendous benefit of being able to mix it up with fans of just about any other team in the same place. Because having to register an account for every stinkin team you want to talk to is ridiculous. Even within Scout and Rivals and 247 and other poo-ey options, there is no real universal account.
04-21-2014 11:14 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
I would usually be at the front of the line to try and convince forums to move here, but I'm not sure how much you guys would listen to me 03-wink I'll just say go take a look at some of the active forums here like Memphis, Cincinnati, Rice, ODU, JMU, Northern Illinois, UALR, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, and ETSU.
04-21-2014 11:40 AM

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I understand we have a small online fan base... But we do have a healthy amount of posters on our sun belt BBS forums especially in the fall.

I think I could grow our online fan base. (I have my ways and I'm pretty damn good at communication and advertising ) and I also think TroyFans.com can also do well.

I know I might be in the minority but I really want to get a TroyBBS site up and running and expand our online presence.

I would also like to add we do have posters that post on our Sun BeltBBS site that did not post on GTT because they didn't get along with several posters... I would like a 2nd option for these guys.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2014 12:38 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
04-21-2014 12:30 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Revert to group default

I Root For: UAB
What exactly does "account suspended" mean in this case?
Did the owners of the message board site decide to close shop?
04-21-2014 12:37 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(04-21-2014 12:37 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  What exactly does "account suspended" mean in this case?
Did the owners of the message board site decide to close shop?

We really don't know... All we know is the site was really out of date and the owner was trying to sell it... I think he has decided not to pay for it anymore
04-21-2014 12:39 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.