Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Beautiful Day at the ball park
Bookmark and Share
RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
5-1 UALR after 1. We hit 3 home runs in the 1st.
04-20-2014 01:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
Was a great day at the ball park. We win 10-4 and with a bunch of UALR home runs. Watching this kind of a game after Easter Church Service & sitting in the shade on an 80 degree day sipping a cool brew & watching the game doesn't get much better than this.
04-20-2014 04:11 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
RE: Beautiful Day at the ball park
I see the Trojans win today 10-4. Pitching was very good this weekend. RBL reported that the Trojans evidently broke out the homerun bats today. They've still got their work cut out to make the tourney. We've creeped up on Georgia State for 9th place.

Georgia State lost today, and if the standings are correct on the D-1 Baseball site, we're now tied with them. Moving up to that eight spot(to make the tourney)is gonna be a tougher nut to crack.

Next conference series is with 4th place Western Kentucky on the road.

Then comes 5th place Arlington at home.

Next is 3rd place Texas State on the road.

Last conference game 2nd place ASU at home.

Next mid-week non-conference game should be interesting. UCA comes here Wednesday. Could be a nice crowd, because of what happened at UCA. I'm sure these coaches will make sure nothing happens, but still could be exciting. If for no other reason than to ride UCA's coach and players. And we owe them one.
04-20-2014 04:26 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(04-20-2014 04:26 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  I see the Trojans win today 10-4. Pitching was very good this weekend. RBL reported that the Trojans evidently broke out the homerun bats today. They've still got their work cut out to make the tourney. We've creeped up on Georgia State for 9th place.

Georgia State lost today, and if the standings are correct on the D-1 Baseball site, we're now tied with them. Moving up to that eight spot(to make the tourney)is gonna be a tougher nut to crack.

Next conference series is with 4th place Western Kentucky on the road.

Then comes 5th place Arlington at home.

Next is 3rd place Texas State on the road.

Last conference game 2nd place ASU at home.

Next mid-week non-conference game should be interesting. UCA comes here Wednesday. Could be a nice crowd, because of what happened at UCA. I'm sure these coaches will make sure nothing happens, but still could be exciting. If for no other reason than to ride UCA's coach and players. And we owe them one.

You guys should focus strictly on catching Troy or USA. Both have rainouts, meaning tiebreaks don't come into play.

Remaining Schedules

Troy: vs UTA, @ Texas State, @ ASU, vs USA

USA: vs ULM, vs GSU, @ ULL, @ Troy

ULM: @ USA, vs WKU, vs GSU, @ ULL

Troy still has to play the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams in the league. USA has an easier schedule, but still has to play @ ULL.

I think the 8th seed mark is going to need 12 league wins roughly. For you guys, that means finishing 7-5 in league. While doable, its extremely difficult. UTA is a strong offensive club that will give your pitchers hell, and their pitching is better than what ULM came up with. Texas State struggles offensively at times, but they have the best weekend rotation in the league outside of Lafayette. WKU this week has a top notch ace is Justin Hageman, and a strong offensive club, but the rest of the staff is beatable. ASU doesn't have any stars, but is the most consistent team in the league right now, and no one needs to mention the recent history of our series.

I see no way you go to Mobile without winning series against three of those four. Pretty much, at this stage in the game, one bad weekend ends your tourney hopes.
04-20-2014 10:18 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-20-2014 10:18 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  You guys should focus strictly on catching Troy or USA. Both have rainouts, meaning tiebreaks don't come into play.

Remaining Schedules

Troy still has to play the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams in the league. USA has an easier schedule, but still has to play @ ULL.

I think the 8th seed mark is going to need 12 league wins roughly. For you guys, that means finishing 7-5 in league. While doable, its extremely difficult. UTA is a strong offensive club that will give your pitchers hell, and their pitching is better than what ULM came up with. Texas State struggles offensively at times, but they have the best weekend rotation in the league outside of Lafayette. WKU this week has a top notch ace is Justin Hageman, and a strong offensive club, but the rest of the staff is beatable. ASU doesn't have any stars, but is the most consistent team in the league right now, and no one needs to mention the recent history of our series.

I see no way you go to Mobile without winning series against three of those four. Pretty much, at this stage in the game, one bad weekend ends your tourney hopes.

I said several weeks ago, that based on the poor start we got we got off to in the conference, our mediocre to poor defense, the lack of clutch hitting, poor base running, and our pitching wasn't doing much at the time(great pitching this past weekend)and I didn't see how we could make the tourney. I think the situation is even more dire now, even if the pitching continues to improve, we've got a tough schedule coming up. And we're running out of time. That mean we've got to start sweeping people who are better than we are. But, there's always Yogi Berra's quote to fall back on.
04-21-2014 09:25 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(04-21-2014 09:25 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(04-20-2014 10:18 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  You guys should focus strictly on catching Troy or USA. Both have rainouts, meaning tiebreaks don't come into play.

Remaining Schedules

I said several weeks ago, that based on the poor start we got we got off to in the conference, our mediocre to poor defense, the lack of clutch hitting, poor base running, and our pitching wasn't doing much at the time(great pitching this past weekend)and I didn't see how we could make the tourney. I think the situation is even more dire now, even if the pitching continues to improve, we've got a tough schedule coming up. And we're running out of time. That mean we've got to start sweeping people who are better than we are. But, there's always Yogi Berra's quote to fall back on.

The one when asked what he thought about when he was hitting, he said "You can't think and hit at the same time".
04-21-2014 11:52 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-21-2014 11:52 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  The one when asked what he thought about when he was hitting, he said "You can't think and hit at the same time".

That reminds me of another Yogi story. Someone made a comment about Yogi's looks, and he replied, "you don't hit with your face."
04-21-2014 12:22 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(04-21-2014 12:22 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(04-21-2014 11:52 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  The one when asked what he thought about when he was hitting, he said "You can't think and hit at the same time".

That reminds me of another Yogi story. Someone made a comment about Yogi's looks, and he replied, "you don't hit with your face."

I never heard that one. Funny.04-cheers
04-21-2014 04:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.