Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BB Class of 2016
Bookmark and Share
eroc Online
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
BB Class of 2016
Quote:Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 2h
Cincinnati's @CoachCroninUC continues to work hard for Christ the King 2016 stud guard @Iam_RawleAlkins , per @ctkcoachjarbs

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiti...leges=show

04-19-2014 08:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eroc Online
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
RE: BB Class of 2016
(04-19-2014 08:50 PM)eroc Wrote:  
Cincinnati's @CoachCroninUC continues to work hard for Christ the King 2016 stud guard @Iam_RawleAlkins , per @ctkcoachjarbs

Quote:Cincinnati, Villanova Among Those Making Early Push for 2016 Guard Rawle Alkins
July 11th, 2014 10:42 pm
Rawle NYBy NICK MEDLINE

Special to ZAGSBLOG

CHICAGO — Rawle Alkins missed the bus and, subsequently, was forced to sit out the entire first half of a Saturday game at Adidas Unrivaled Camp in Chicago.

Thankfully for Alkins, he rarely misses an opportunity to impress college coaches. In his shortened outing, he showed off many of the qualities that have them watching.

“I tried to make up some time,” the Christ the King guard said. “We were down, we tried to make a comeback. I guess you could say I played hard with the time that I had.”

The 6-foot-4, 185-pound shooting guard from Brooklyn has seen his reputation rise in the past several months. Alkins now ranks No. 27 in the Rivals.com 2016 prospect rankings.

On Friday, on the second leg of a four-day camp, he used one of his trademark attributes: Upper body strength. Alkins drove the lane and finished two layups despite obvious contact. He also threw down a dunk in transition.

“The coaches all say the same things,” Alkins said. “They say I’m a great athlete with a high motor, and I look like I have a work ethic.”

Alkins began the July evaluation period on the heels of a torrid spring. He scored 36 points at the Frankie Williams Charity Classic in May, with Adam Zagoria saying that Alkins might be the “most exciting high school basketball player in the tri-state area.”

With the majority of coaches focused on 2015 prospects, others are assessing their long-term future while watching Alkins, who could develop into a program changing shooting guard.

Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin — one of the most assertive figures in his recruitment — watched his Saturday game. Alkins said Villanova’s Jay Wright and Indiana’s Tom Crean are two of the other coaches watching closely.

Alkins said that Cincinnati made an immediate and specific pitch. They compare him to other New York guards including Sean Kilpatrick and Lance Stephenson. Both had successful college careers at Cincinnati.

“[Cronin] came to my school to watch me work out a couple times, watch me practice and come to my games,” Alkins said. “We talk here and there. I talk to [assistant coach] Darren Savino, and they just talk about my game and New York guys who came to Cincinnati.”

Villanova and Coach Wright are among the early figures in his recruitment. They’re communicating well: Alkins mentioned that Wright was in England last week. He attended Midnight Madness at Villanova this past season.

Meanwhile, he highlighted some new and impressive schools in the running. Kansas assistant Norm Roberts contacted Alkins and informed him of their interest.

Other key coaches in attendance included Indiana coach Tom Crean and North Carolina State coach Mark Gottfried.

Alkins already holds offers from Cincinnati, Villanova, Indiana, Miami (Fla.), Minnesota and N.C. State among others. That list should grow if he continues to excel.

FREE THROWS

Manhattan offered a scholarship to Alkins’ teammate, junior forward David Cole.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/cincinnat...le-alkins/

07-13-2014 03:22 PM
ThinkBigPine Offline
Dilly Dilly

I Root For: The Bearcats
(07-13-2014 03:22 PM)eroc Wrote:  
(04-19-2014 08:50 PM)eroc Wrote:  

Quote:Cincinnati, Villanova Among Those Making Early Push for 2016 Guard Rawle Alkins
July 11th, 2014 10:42 pm
Rawle NYBy NICK MEDLINE

Special to ZAGSBLOG

CHICAGO — Rawle Alkins missed the bus and, subsequently, was forced to sit out the entire first half of a Saturday game at Adidas Unrivaled Camp in Chicago.

Thankfully for Alkins, he rarely misses an opportunity to impress college coaches. In his shortened outing, he showed off many of the qualities that have them watching.

“I tried to make up some time,” the Christ the King guard said. “We were down, we tried to make a comeback. I guess you could say I played hard with the time that I had.”

The 6-foot-4, 185-pound shooting guard from Brooklyn has seen his reputation rise in the past several months. Alkins now ranks No. 27 in the Rivals.com 2016 prospect rankings.

On Friday, on the second leg of a four-day camp, he used one of his trademark attributes: Upper body strength. Alkins drove the lane and finished two layups despite obvious contact. He also threw down a dunk in transition.

“The coaches all say the same things,” Alkins said. “They say I’m a great athlete with a high motor, and I look like I have a work ethic.”

Alkins began the July evaluation period on the heels of a torrid spring. He scored 36 points at the Frankie Williams Charity Classic in May, with Adam Zagoria saying that Alkins might be the “most exciting high school basketball player in the tri-state area.”

With the majority of coaches focused on 2015 prospects, others are assessing their long-term future while watching Alkins, who could develop into a program changing shooting guard.

Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin — one of the most assertive figures in his recruitment — watched his Saturday game. Alkins said Villanova’s Jay Wright and Indiana’s Tom Crean are two of the other coaches watching closely.

Alkins said that Cincinnati made an immediate and specific pitch. They compare him to other New York guards including Sean Kilpatrick and Lance Stephenson. Both had successful college careers at Cincinnati.

“[Cronin] came to my school to watch me work out a couple times, watch me practice and come to my games,” Alkins said. “We talk here and there. I talk to [assistant coach] Darren Savino, and they just talk about my game and New York guys who came to Cincinnati.”

Villanova and Coach Wright are among the early figures in his recruitment. They’re communicating well: Alkins mentioned that Wright was in England last week. He attended Midnight Madness at Villanova this past season.

Meanwhile, he highlighted some new and impressive schools in the running. Kansas assistant Norm Roberts contacted Alkins and informed him of their interest.

Other key coaches in attendance included Indiana coach Tom Crean and North Carolina State coach Mark Gottfried.

Alkins already holds offers from Cincinnati, Villanova, Indiana, Miami (Fla.), Minnesota and N.C. State among others. That list should grow if he continues to excel.

FREE THROWS

Manhattan offered a scholarship to Alkins’ teammate, junior forward David Cole.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/cincinnat...le-alkins/

Louisville offered him after the camp.

07-14-2014 02:25 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
Quote:Cincinnati offers 2016 point guard
Oct 2, 9:23 PM

2016 point guard Jeremy Carter Sheppard garnered his first high major offer from Cincinnati today according to his coach Ty White of Team Loaded.

Carter Sheppard, 6-1, 160-pounds from Richmond (Va.) John Marshall High School, also has offers from Ricmond and UNC Wilmington.

Carter Sheppard won State Tournament MVP as a sophomore leading his squad to a championship. Coach White praised his shooting which sets up his distribution skills.

link

If history is a guide, I'm guessing this won't be his first and only.

10-04-2014 11:40 AM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
Another recruit Mick missed on: Omari Spellman---number #24, 5 star nationally and number one big man in Ohio for class of 2016, committed yesterday to Villanova. Seriously.

02-21-2015 12:59 PM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
He's in the Cleveland area, so it's not like he was in UC's backyard. OSU and countless other programs offered him too.

02-21-2015 01:25 PM
Advertisement

Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(02-21-2015 12:59 PM)CincyBro Wrote:  Another recruit Mick missed on: Omari Spellman---number #24, 5 star nationally and number one big man in Ohio for class of 2016, committed yesterday to Villanova. Seriously.

In Ohio? Really? What school does he play for? Because he may be from Ohio, but I read he goes to the MacDuffie School in Massachusetts. And now he goes and commits to the #6 ranked team in the country at a school where his sport is king? Effin' Mick and his effin' unruptured aneurysm! Missing again on a player who had offers from almost everywhere! Didn't anyone tell this recruit he could have played a year or two of home games in classic 5th/3rd arena before going pro? Seriously.

And seriously speaking of "seriously", some of you guys need to figure out how to use that word properly. It's getting as tiresome as those who think saying "Let that sink in for a moment." is a clever and effective way to try to make a point.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2015 06:23 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
02-21-2015 04:40 PM
CincyBro Offline
All American

This program sucks recruiting wise, not in on this kid, not in on Kennard, wonder how many Huggs would have got in his ninth year in the program. These are the kind of kids you make final fours with, you guys, SERIOUSLY, are ok with this, I am not.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2015 05:12 PM by CincyBro.)
02-21-2015 05:06 PM
InspectorHound Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
Mick is terrible. We could be the number 1 team in the country right now if we had Karl Towns and Willie Caulie Stein.

02-21-2015 05:30 PM
CincyBro Offline
All American

(02-21-2015 05:30 PM)InspectorHound Wrote:  Mick is terrible. We could be the number 1 team in the country right now if we had Karl Towns and Willie Caulie Stein.

You are trying to be sarcastic, but you made my point for me, we no longer come close to getting those kind of players. That's why we barely make the tourney with no real chance of advancing. Remember when UC was ranked No. 1.

02-21-2015 05:35 PM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
(02-21-2015 05:35 PM)CincyBro Wrote:  
(02-21-2015 05:30 PM)InspectorHound Wrote:  Mick is terrible. We could be the number 1 team in the country right now if we had Karl Towns and Willie Caulie Stein.

You are trying to be sarcastic, but you made my point for me, we no longer come close to getting those kind of players. That's why we barely make the tourney with no real chance of advancing. Remember when UC was ranked No. 1.

Last time I checked we had a recruit ranked in the top 25 last year. Also, Mick was involved in the recruiting of pretty much every single player on that #1 team.

02-21-2015 05:58 PM
Advertisement

chatcat Offline
All American

I Root For: BEARCATS
(02-21-2015 05:06 PM)CincyBro Wrote:  This program sucks recruiting wise, not in on this kid, not in on Kennard, wonder how many Huggs would have got in his ninth year in the program. These are the kind of kids you make final fours with, you guys, SERIOUSLY, are ok with this, I am not.

Huggs in about year 9 was recruiting the likes of DerMar Johnson and Kenny Satterfield, both McDonalds All Americans, I believe.

02-21-2015 06:22 PM
InspectorHound Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
(02-21-2015 06:22 PM)chatcat Wrote:  
(02-21-2015 05:06 PM)CincyBro Wrote:  This program sucks recruiting wise, not in on this kid, not in on Kennard, wonder how many Huggs would have got in his ninth year in the program. These are the kind of kids you make final fours with, you guys, SERIOUSLY, are ok with this, I am not.

Huggs in about year 9 was recruiting the likes of DerMar Johnson and Kenny Satterfield, both McDonalds All Americans, I believe.

And how did that translate in the tournament?

02-21-2015 06:26 PM
chatcat Offline
All American

(02-21-2015 06:26 PM)InspectorHound Wrote:  
(02-21-2015 06:22 PM)chatcat Wrote:  

And how did that translate in the tournament?

A Kenyon Martin broken leg, as I remember.

02-21-2015 06:29 PM
CincyBro Offline
All American

Look, I am not a Mick hater, but his recruiting leaves a lot to be desired, that is all I'm saying.

02-21-2015 06:34 PM
chatcat Offline
All American

(02-21-2015 06:34 PM)CincyBro Wrote:  Look, I am not a Mick hater, but his recruiting leaves a lot to be desired, that is all I'm saying.

Agreed.

02-21-2015 06:36 PM
Advertisement

Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
(02-21-2015 06:22 PM)chatcat Wrote:  Huggs in about year 9 was recruiting the likes of DerMar Johnson and Kenny Satterfield, both McDonalds All Americans, I believe.

Correct. Always wonder how good Johnson could have become in the NBA if not for his accident. Similar to Satterfield, who left before he was ready.

02-21-2015 06:41 PM
chatcat Offline
All American

(02-21-2015 06:41 PM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  
(02-21-2015 06:22 PM)chatcat Wrote:  Huggs in about year 9 was recruiting the likes of DerMar Johnson and Kenny Satterfield, both McDonalds All Americans, I believe.

Correct. Always wonder how good Johnson could have become in the NBA if not for his accident. Similar to Satterfield, who left before he was ready.

DerMar was on the path to a good NBA career before his car accident, and if Kenny had stuck around at UC for another year or two I think he could have had a good NBA career as well.

02-21-2015 06:50 PM
CincyBro Offline
All American

(02-21-2015 05:58 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(02-21-2015 05:35 PM)CincyBro Wrote:  

Last time I checked we had a recruit ranked in the top 25 last year. Also, Mick was involved in the recruiting of pretty much every single player on that #1 team.

We have no recruit currently on this team or coming in next year who is even close to top 25 ranking. Our highest ranked recruit for next year is ranked #121 by 247 sports.

02-21-2015 07:02 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(02-21-2015 06:41 PM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  

Wingfield too....

02-21-2015 08:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.