Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SIAP:"Aresco enjoying success with new conference"
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
SIAP:"Aresco enjoying success with new conference"
Story in the Providence Journal about Aresco and the American. It is a good piece imo, and Aresco is bullish as ever on the American. Highlights:

* Aresco says his league isn’t going away. For one, the American owns a TV contract that dominates ESPN’s Thursday and Friday night windows and will introduce the country to on-the-rise programs such as Central Florida and East Carolina.

*Aresco said. “When the Catholic Seven left, I looked around and knew we’d have a shot to have a very, very good basketball league. That was the case this year with four NCAA teams, and we should have had a fifth (SMU). And we had the national champion.

*Aresco:”I see seven or eight really good quarterbacks back in our league.

Actually, as I was posting this, there is not much new news here. The article is however, a good publicity piece, and every bit helps at this point. Aresco seems to be well liked in the media which really helps this league.
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2014 10:02 AM by baruna falls.)
04-18-2014 09:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
RE: SIAP:"Aresco enjoying success with new conference"
04-18-2014 09:58 AM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
Very glad he focuses on UCF and ECU. That can be a really good rivalry for the league...as it has been in the past. The late season Thursday night game in Greenville will be a big time atmosphere with two good programs and hopefully a conference title (and Big Bowl berth?) on the line.

That is what the conference needs to showcase in its football...as well as showing Houston, Cincy and Tulane's stadium improvements. Its time for all of the programs to take advantage of the exposure. There can be Top 25 programs in this conference, they just have to have that exposure.
04-18-2014 09:59 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

(04-18-2014 09:58 AM)CougarRed Wrote:  Link to the story

thanks CourgarRed!
04-18-2014 10:01 AM
Advertisement

baruna falls Offline
All American

(04-18-2014 09:59 AM)HP-TBDPITL Wrote:  Very glad he focuses on UCF and ECU. That can be a really good rivalry for the league...as it has been in the past. The late season Thursday night game in Greenville will be a big time atmosphere with two good programs and hopefully a conference title (and Big Bowl berth?) on the line.

That is what the conference needs to showcase in its football...as well as showing Houston, Cincy and Tulane's stadium improvements. Its time for all of the programs to take advantage of the exposure. There can be Top 25 programs in this conference, they just have to have that exposure.

IMO, Coach Ruff has ECU clicking on all cylinders right now. I have not been this confident in ECU football in years. Ruff is starting his fourth year, and the program and players are clearly his, with his personality and mindset. I saw the Spring game a few weeks ago, without trying to sound like a homer, our Def looked the best that I have seen in many, many years of watching ECU football. For the first time in a long time, I think we actually have a real shot at upsetting South Carolina this year.
04-18-2014 10:05 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(04-18-2014 09:40 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  Aresco seems to be well liked in the media which really helps this league.
+1

I know the people who run Augusta National speak highly of him from his days at CBS Sports.
04-18-2014 11:13 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
(04-18-2014 11:13 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(04-18-2014 09:40 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  Aresco seems to be well liked in the media which really helps this league.
+1

I know the people who run Augusta National speak highly of him from his days at CBS Sports.

Hes just a really nice guy. Mentions chatting with the barkeep. Down to earth man.
04-18-2014 11:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.