Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Refusing to play teams
MJG Offline
1st String

I Root For: U I , UMich, SC
Refusing to play teams
I have read that Arkansas will not play Arkansas ST in football .
Seems like a neutral site game in Little Rock would benefit St.
Kentucky did that for WKU in Nashville.

Louisiana Tech will not play ULM its closest in state FBS foe.
According to posters Tech has never sold out and it's biggest home crowd was vs ULM.

Boise State will not play at Idaho even though it's their most played rival. The series is 20-17-1 with Boise leading. Idaho once led 17-8 after a 12 game streak now Boise has the streak.

I know MSU is playing at the Michigan MAC schools to help them out. I think the Spartans should be commended for maning up.
I bet there are more examples of petty or week excuses not to play teams. Stanford plays at SJSU I believe they are not scared.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2014 05:53 PM by MJG.)
04-17-2014 05:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
RE: Refusing to play teams
Alabama and Auburn won't play Troy, UAB, USA in football but play in other sports.
04-17-2014 05:55 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
Ah, the tired old "They won't play us because they're SCARED!" whine.....this isn't going to end well.

<grabs popcorn>
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2014 06:00 PM by 10thMountain.)
04-17-2014 05:57 PM
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
(04-17-2014 05:57 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  Ah, the tired old "They won't play us because they're SCARED!" whine.....this isn't going to end well.

<grabs popcorn>

The Dallas Cowboys won't play us... Cowards.05-nono
04-17-2014 06:03 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

They know they'll lose 03-wink
04-17-2014 06:05 PM
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
(04-17-2014 06:05 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  They know they'll lose 03-wink

04-cheers
04-17-2014 06:06 PM
Advertisement

john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
georgetown-maryland
uconn-BC
texas-aggie (this will be good)
pitt-psu*
04-17-2014 06:13 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I'll just save the trouble for the rest of the thread:

If for whatever reason you think Texas A&M is unjustly ducking your team and that you feel for whatever reason we owe you a game, please direct this complaint to the nearest brick wall.

03-wink
04-17-2014 06:24 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(04-17-2014 06:24 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  I'll just save the trouble for the rest of the thread:

If for whatever reason you think Texas A&M is unjustly ducking your team and that you feel for whatever reason we owe you a game, please direct this complaint to the nearest brick wall.

03-wink

I don't give crap who plays who until the mouth-breather fans start sipping turd stew and claim they can't play the locals because of strength of schedule or it will hurt recruiting.
04-17-2014 06:26 PM
msu_bears Offline
2nd String

I Root For: MO STATE
Missouri won't play Missouri State in basketball.... MSU won the last meeting in 98 or 99 I think. They only played that year because they meet in the Pre season NIT.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2014 06:32 PM by msu_bears.)
04-17-2014 06:31 PM
MJG Offline
1st String

(04-17-2014 05:57 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  Ah, the tired old "They won't play us because they're SCARED!" whine.....this isn't going to end well.

<grabs popcorn>

I can see a P5 not playing down to some point.
I think teams like MSU and Kentucky deserve credit for being decent and fair. The we have nothing to gain argument is pretty week . I mean Alabama is still Alabama after ULM beat them.
Michigan still packs the Big House and K- State ended up being fine after losing FCS games. So what is the danger of playing close FBS schools. Alabama will play Georgia St but not Troy why?
04-17-2014 06:40 PM
Advertisement

10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I'm not the one to ask that.

I've stated time and again on this board I believe in freedom of association. All scheduled games should be mutual agreement only and think no school should ever be forced to play another for any reason (least of all the "they owe us because they're a local team!"

If UT says "we don't want to play A&M" then that is their right to do so and I will defend their right to do so.
04-17-2014 06:44 PM
MJG Offline
1st String

(04-17-2014 06:31 PM)msu_bears Wrote:  Missouri won't play Missouri State in basketball.... MSU won the last meeting in 98 or 99 I think. They only played that year because they meet in the Pre season NIT.

Michigan and Michigan St push each other same with Duke and UNC.

Missouri St will never reach Missouri ' s status so just play them. One plus is if both teams are down it
s still a big game. Both schools in most cases are in the Same state so it benefits tax payers.
04-17-2014 06:46 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(04-17-2014 06:24 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  I'll just save the trouble for the rest of the thread:

03-wink

You didn't duck us. You played us. And it was fun.
04-17-2014 06:47 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-17-2014 06:44 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  I'm not the one to ask that.

I've stated time and again on this board I believe in freedom of association. All scheduled games should be mutual agreement only and think no school should ever be forced to play another for any reason (least of all the "they owe us because they're a local team!"

If UT says "we don't want to play A&M" then that is their right to do so and I will defend their right to do so.

I am in agreement. But if you have a policy of not playing me....shut your mouth about me. I don't have any respect for bullies who can talk, talk, talk, talk, about what they WOULD do to us if they played but are not willing to back up their words on the field and prove it. That violates the sports code, and the man code.
04-17-2014 06:50 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I take it you state boys still have a lot of unresolved anger issues due to Piggy refusing to play you

:)
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2014 06:54 PM by 10thMountain.)
04-17-2014 06:52 PM
Advertisement

Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
In basketball, UC hasn't played at Miami since the nineties and Xavier hasn't been here since we upset them in 2007. I doubt either team will come Oxford again, unless we win like we did during the Wally years and agree to play two games on the road for one at home.
04-17-2014 07:02 PM
msu_bears Offline
2nd String

I Root For: MO STATE
(04-17-2014 06:46 PM)MJG Wrote:  
(04-17-2014 06:31 PM)msu_bears Wrote:  Missouri won't play Missouri State in basketball.... MSU won the last meeting in 98 or 99 I think. They only played that year because they meet in the Pre season NIT.

Michigan and Michigan St push each other same with Duke and UNC.

Missouri St will never reach Missouri ' s status so just play them. One plus is if both teams are down it
s still a big game. Both schools in most cases are in the Same state so it benefits tax payers.

its always the same argument from their fans and AD, it will be MSU's superbowl and Mizzou gains nothing by winning...

We play teams better than Mizzou every year, we played 2 of last years final four teams this year and Mizzou has never been to a final four so them constantly saying it would be our superbowl is pretty typical of their fan's arrogance
04-17-2014 07:06 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-17-2014 06:52 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  I take it you state boys still have a lot of unresolved anger issues due to Piggy refusing to play you

:)

I don't want to play them ever.

But I do want some of them to stop obsessing over everything we do and say....and stop insisting that we should like their school more than our own....and that we are bad people if we don't care about the Razorbacks. That gets tiresome.
04-17-2014 07:16 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
I'll give SMU some credit. Those guys agreed to play us through 2025. I think that is very smart. With only about 30 miles separating our schools, this series is like each of us adding an extra home game every other year, and the Dallas/Fort Worth media will talk up the game the entire week leading up to kick off.
04-17-2014 07:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.